Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-20-2012, 08:25 AM   #10
6769MOPARS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86108
What I Drive: PB Focus ST2 and 67 426 Hemi GTX

FF Reputation: 1 6769MOPARS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbdallas View Post
Actually, I've had no problems with mine. I'm just referring to the folks that seem to be having problems that are inexplicable, as they keep recurring after multiple re-flashes.

I've seen a few Youtube videos that highlight problems that my car has never had, so I know a problem exists. But I do feel sure that there are a few out there that are blowing it out of proportion. Does my DCT behave itself 100% of the time? Hell no. I was driving out of the dealership on Saturday morning after my grille shutter recall was done, and it SLAMMED into second gear while driving through the parking lot. I just don't think the DCT likes to putt-putt around, and this is something that I accept about it. I suspect that there are people who aren't willing to accept that there are ANY differences between it and a traditional auto, and they're in for a disappointment.

This is the other reason that dealerships are in such a tough spot. If someone had bought MY car, expecting it to feel exactly like their last automatic, it'd probably be in the service department every week. There's nothing a dealership can do about the way it feels. A DCT is a DCT, and it'll never be a slushbox. But how do you explain this to someone who's set in their ways and has certain unrealistic expectations, especially when they don't know why their expectations are unrealistic? Rock - Hard Place.

So, I think this whole DCT drama is a combination of some cars with REAL problems, combined with cars like mine that just feel different, and therefore are deemed defective by their owners, when they're really not.
I agree. My tech is very thorough and re-flashed everything as instructed in the FSA. It seems that some techs are lazy and do not do as instructed and perhaps this is causing some problems. I have developed a good relationship with my tech and we discuss everything he is going to do and what to expect. I simplify the explanations for my wife and so far, all she says in response to my "Is the car treating you well?" is "Wonderfully."

Bookmarks & Social Networks