What kind of a deal can I expect? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Purchasing Center

Ford Focus Purchasing Center Discuss about special incentives and ordering information on the Focus & Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-15-2012, 11:56 PM   #1
kungfugeek
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102655
What I Drive: A Honda

FF Reputation: 1 kungfugeek Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
What kind of a deal can I expect?

What is the best price I can expect on this car? What kind of incentives can I get? I have pretty good credit. http://www.inventory.ford.com/servic...61237&refid=FV

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2012, 12:55 AM   #2
whimsicalpouch2
Focus Addict

Fan#: 87978
What I Drive: 2002, black SVT focus

Points 4,736, Level 43
Points: 4,736, Level: 43 Points: 4,736, Level: 43 Points: 4,736, Level: 43
Level Up 93% Completed
Level up: 93% Level up: 93% Level up: 93%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 whimsicalpouch2 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
offer him 25 straight up and see how it goes. if its a no, go elsewhere, they'll prolly say yes then. 2k discount for a new car is pretty good. all prices on cars are negotiable

#586 of #4788
Old 08-16-2012, 02:31 AM   #3
Fucus-minded
Focus Addict

Fan#: 72986
What I Drive: 2003, black, Ford Focus SE Wagon

FF Reputation: 3 Fucus-minded Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
NOOOO. you never start off like that. do your research first! YOU find out what incentives you are due. for example military, law enforcement, student, find out about factory incentives, finance incentives because even if you dont want to go with ford credit if they offer a $500 finance incentive you can get that and then "refinance" with the bank of your choice. It is still a new car so you still get the "new car" rate. Anyway once you take ALL of YOUR incentives out then you start haggling... It is best if you find out what dealer cost is as I always offer 3-6% over cost and the same with options...3-6%. since this is a new design car you wont get away with much but you can still get as much as you can. I stop their BS in mid sentence with "listen boss I have seen the car, I dont need to take a test drive, this is the number I came up with, this is how I came up with it, you wont make 2 Gs off of me today but you will sell a car in 20 (the time it takes for paperwork) and I will be out of your office in that time and you will have an extra 1-1500 in your pocket. let's just stop the bs and tell me if you just want a quick sale.... BTW they also get big incentives just to move cars from ford themselves (all dealers do). put it to you like this I just (recently) picked up a 2012 avenger R/T, a 29500USD model (zero miles)... I walked out of there in 45 min with the keys and 20,700 with tax inc... they probably got 100 bucks if they were lucky BUT they got an extra 700 incentive from dodge so 800 bucks in 45 mins is awesome. I got a brand new 2011 (in 2011) fusion sport AWD 31,850 sticker price for 26,500 out the door (couldve got them for an extra 500 but didnt do enough homework as that was the day I blew up my focus). do about a week of homework or if you guys are military go through USAA, they can get some pretty insane deal every once in a while. good luck brother. depending on your incentives and timing I think you can get at LEAST 3500 off of that car. BTW I have found that the best time to buy a new car (not truck) is in November...late november at night, they always want to make one more quick sale and they need to move those 2012s before they get stuck with a 2012 in 2013...
Old 08-16-2012, 06:06 AM   #4
Nik00117
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 58749
What I Drive: 2011 Fusion SEL, 2010 Road Glide

FF Reputation: 0 Nik00117 Newbie
Tips from a car sales man

1. If you walked into my office and offered me $25,545 (and I worked stateside) I'd prob haggle with you a little bit, maybe get you to settle on 26k and call it a lovely day...Why you ask? Because we are doing $2,750 off 2012 Focuses right now. So you'd actually be doing yourself a dissservice. You could prob easily get 3k maybe 3.5k if your military.
2. Even if you walked in knowing the above, and really really wanted that one particular car it'd be quite easy to get you to pay what you I want you to pay (notice I didn't say what you want to pay) because your attached to that specific vehicle. I gotta you as a sales person there is nothing more annoying then a customer who is not narrowed down to 1 or 2 vehicles. Why? Cause it's harder to close them.

Here's what you do

1. Go get pre-approved first from your local credit union for a new car loan.
2. Go to Edmunds, TMV (True Market Value) websites etc and price that car, and see what's its going for (print that out and bring it with you)
3. If your going do a trade know the value of the trade, if your current car is financed find out what you owe on it. Know that negative equity is BAD.
4. Walk into the dealership and make them give you an offer (sometimes they will offer you less then what you want)
5. If they don't offer you what your want tell them what price your willing to pay, provide proof why, make it clear your fully prepared to make this a quick, easy, painless deal

O yea make sure you test drive the car, inspect the car, etc.

If you do that it should be pretty painless, and asking for the best deal possible is not a good way to haggle. However you should see what they can offer you. Also know about all the discounts/rebates etc in your region. Shop at the end of the month too.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:36 AM   #5
kungfugeek
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102655
What I Drive: A Honda

FF Reputation: 1 kungfugeek Good Standing Member
Thanks guys! Few questions

I want the yellow one, and this seems to be the only yellow one in my area. How do I not let this bite me in the ass.

I checked out the TMV on Edmunds it is says $24,344 after $2000 cash back incentives and includes destination. Invoice is $25,946. The dealers internet price is $23,121. I assume this includes the $2000 cash back, but I need to add destination, tags and taxes to this number?

Are there any other incentives available to me? Nik mentioned $2750 off? Does the $2000 cash back require dealer financing?

Regarding the trade in, is there anyway to maximize what we get back? We are trading my wifes 2004 Mini Cooper S with 83k miles on it, it's in great shape, but the windows just recently decided to stop rolling down. Is this going to be a problem at trade in time? Also, there is no lean on the title, my wife borrowed from her family to buy the car before we were married. However, she still owes $8800.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:44 PM   #6
Fucus-minded
Focus Addict

Fan#: 72986
What I Drive: 2003, black, Ford Focus SE Wagon

FF Reputation: 3 Fucus-minded Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
there are dealer incentives, regional incentives, finance incentives, factory incentives and lastly personal incentives. all of these are for YOU! the dealer will never tell you all of them so what you can do is call this particular dealer's competition and say "hey I was planning on buying a car from "ABC ford" but I think he isnt giving me all the incentives...he told me about this and that incentive...are there any others?" you may have to go to the other dealer but dont buy anything (unless the price is much better). after knowing all the extra incentives you have more power for the car you want. make sure you do what "NIK" said , go to all the sites and do your research prior to going there. good luck.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:16 PM   #7
imccrea
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85212
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kungfugeek View Post
Thanks guys! Few questions

I want the yellow one, and this seems to be the only yellow one in my area. How do I not let this bite me in the ass.

I checked out the TMV on Edmunds it is says $24,344 after $2000 cash back incentives and includes destination. Invoice is $25,946. The dealers internet price is $23,121. I assume this includes the $2000 cash back, but I need to add destination, tags and taxes to this number?

includes rebates but does not include tax, title, license. Destination is included in MSRP price.

Are there any other incentives available to me? Nik mentioned $2750 off? Does the $2000 cash back require dealer financing?
Give me your last name and zip code and I can check. You are not required to finance to get $2,000
Regarding the trade in, is there anyway to maximize what we get back? We are trading my wifes 2004 Mini Cooper S with 83k miles on it, it's in great shape, but the windows just recently decided to stop rolling down. Is this going to be a problem at trade in time? Also, there is no lean on the title, my wife borrowed from her family to buy the car before we were married. However, she still owes $8800.
Any older European vehicle dealers are afraid of because of electrical issues, they'll hit you about $1,500 less than what you want for it. Who does she owe the $8,800 to if not a bank?
See above
Ira McCrea
Phone: 970-667-2220
E-mail: iram@loveford.com
Old 08-16-2012, 10:07 PM   #8
Nik00117
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 58749
What I Drive: 2011 Fusion SEL, 2010 Road Glide

FF Reputation: 0 Nik00117 Newbie
Quote:
My company does things differently, we work overseas so what stateside dealers are doing is what they are doing.

Focus on out the door pricing and understand you will be paying TTL.

Are you pre-approved yet?

O yes and if their isn't a lien on the mini, then it's paid off even if your wife owes $8,800 to family because of it...But that's a lot of $$$ for a 2003 Mini.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:54 AM   #9
infantry
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102571
What I Drive: 07 E63, 07 STi, 12 Focus

Points 31, Level 1
Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1
Level Up 62% Completed
Level up: 62% Level up: 62% Level up: 62%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 infantry Good Standing Member
If you have USAA, I also recommend it, I used it to build the cars I was finding on dealer lots already with the color and options I wanted, and would get a nice price for the car itself.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.