I LOVE my Mk3 Ford Focus 100% whoo hoo thread!! - Page 60 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-16-2012, 03:49 PM   #591
mustang0
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96079
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy SE HB Sport Package

Points 686, Level 13
Points: 686, Level: 13 Points: 686, Level: 13 Points: 686, Level: 13
Level Up 72% Completed
Level up: 72% Level up: 72% Level up: 72%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 mustang0 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBxprss View Post
I have been scanning the threads on this forum looking for a place to introduce myself, and this looks as good as any. We will be picking up our new 2012 Focus this evening. We are trading in our 2011 Fiesta, which is a great little car, but the year-end deals and the fun styling of the new Focus lured us in and we drank the koolaid.

The car is an SE model in Sterling Gray metallic, with the sport appearance package (4 wheel disk brakes, 16" alloy wheels and spoiler). I'll try to get my profile updated with pictures as time permits.

Happy happy Focus owner!!
Good thing your getting that one now because word is they are not making the SE with sport package anymore. Enjoy! I like mine alot.
65 Racestang 96 Mustang 2012 Focus SE HB Sport Pac 5 speed man. NewMission Cold Air, lunchbox Delete,Custom 3" Magnaflow exhaust, Steeda Rear Sway Bar, Steeda STS,Axis wheels, Blox shift knob,Focus elecrtic RMM, Injected 93 Tune V1 176HP 152Torque
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2012, 05:40 PM   #592
VectorZ
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100457
What I Drive: 12' Focus Titanium Sport Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 VectorZ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Took my car into town today and made multiple stops filling her up top to bottom. It's been really hot, so even driving around town in traffic with the A/C on I was getting 27mpg. The longer I own this car the more I love it!
Old 08-16-2012, 07:09 PM   #593
collisionbend
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 100528
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue SE 5-Door, 203A

FF Reputation: 1 collisionbend Good Standing Member
I came home today after my usual 40-mile, 75mph+ jaunt up I-271, and found a recall letter from Ford in my mailbox. Turns out my new little buddy might have a problem with the Active Grille Shutter wire harness (Program Number 12B41). Huh.

Not sure when I'll get it done, but I have a year to do it. Maybe around Thanksgiving - if I have Black Friday off during the day again this year...
Old 08-16-2012, 07:47 PM   #594
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 99230
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

Points 4,098, Level 40
Points: 4,098, Level: 40 Points: 4,098, Level: 40 Points: 4,098, Level: 40
Level Up 74% Completed
Level up: 74% Level up: 74% Level up: 74%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraychild View Post
I do have a few reservations about the car, which I'm pretty sure many of us have already mentioned... For example, I find it to be a bit pricey... tight space for rear passengers? cup-holders? rear drums with 16" steelies?? really? Why are the steering wheel radio buttons on the right-hand side?? I can easily reach out for the knob on the unit itself with that same hand... this defeats the purpose!!
what else did you shop for? This was my 1st domestic car I bought in 20 years and the price was competitive for the market and the options and we got our's talked down to just over $19k with the sport package which for $600 added the rear discs,sport seats and 16" alloys (I did say rear discs,right) and that made my dollar feel like it went farther vs the Mazda3 and Chevy Cruz we looked at. The back seats are actually some more of the roomiest I'd sat in for this small of car and considering it actually has a lot of room in the hatch area. I thought the sedans felt a little cramped but they are the same except for the smallish trunk.

Cup holder? Yes,they need a couple more and better ones but the radio controls is a bit redundant anyway but I prefer the driver screen controls to be to the left since I still associate the radio controls to the right and I think most cars are the same aren't they?

It does have some cheapness to it here and there when compared to Toyota or Mazda but in the almost 4000 miles I have on it I really enjoy driving this car even if it could use another 100 ponies.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:32 PM   #595
biggc
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96727
What I Drive: 2012 yellow se hatch,5sp spt.pack

FF Reputation: 1 biggc Good Standing Member
Got stopped by state trooper on the way home today for speeding 72 in 55,he like the focus so much he let me go.Just kidding turns out i knew him and said have a nice day.I took a look at the cruise control and it said 72 mph guess he was telling the truth.I love
this car i cant drive 55.
Old 08-18-2012, 02:21 AM   #596
Fraychild
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 37309
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SE

Points 62, Level 1
Points: 62, Level: 1 Points: 62, Level: 1 Points: 62, Level: 1
Level Up 24% Completed
Level up: 24% Level up: 24% Level up: 24%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 2 Fraychild Good Standing Member
RonMaiden - I only looked at an Elantra GT and a Mazda 3 5-door; I like that they both come with projector headlights standard and we get nothing with the Focus...

If you ask me for my opinion, leave the "rear drums" business for cars like the Fiesta, Kia Rio, Scion XD, Mazda 2 or Hyundai Accent...

As for the steering wheel controls, most cars I've dealt with... at least Japanese and Korean... have had the radio controls on the left hand side... you'd be surprised how much more convenient that is.

In my area, there were only 3 SEs left with the manual transmission; two of them were within my price range and only had the Candy red I wanted... unfortunately, it also only came with just the Convenience package and I couldn't get anything else... so I compromised.

I love the car though, very fun to drive and I also have lots of plans for it.... I just feel that Ford could've addressed these things right before production.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:41 AM   #597
A2Focus
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 90690
What I Drive: 2012 Silver SEL

FF Reputation: 1 A2Focus Good Standing Member
We love our 2012 SEL so much we just bought a 2012 SE for the kids to have away at college! We're a two Focus family! :)
Old 08-20-2012, 08:39 AM   #598
Fresh1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102640
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Fresh1 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by collisionbend View Post
I came home today after my usual 40-mile, 75mph+ jaunt up I-271, and found a recall letter from Ford in my mailbox. Turns out my new little buddy might have a problem with the Active Grille Shutter wire harness (Program Number 12B41). Huh.

Not sure when I'll get it done, but I have a year to do it. Maybe around Thanksgiving - if I have Black Friday off during the day again this year...
I think that's a good idea (i.e. before the weather gets cold) in case there is a problem, because the shutters closing properly will also help the engine reach peak operating temp faster, especially if you drive on the highway soon after starting out ...
Old 08-21-2012, 10:04 PM   #599
Phillip!
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102902
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Phillip! Good Standing Member
Hi everyone. Got my first Focus about 1 1/2 weeks ago. A '12 Tuxedo Black SEL Sedan. I traded my '11 Fiesta SE hatch (which made that grinding noise when shifting/I sort of ruined by hydrolocking the engine) for it. Loving it so far. It's a whole lot more car. So far, this is my only mod...
Old 08-22-2012, 06:08 AM   #600
ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99202
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus SE, HB, sport pkg

FF Reputation: 1 ElGatto Good Standing Member
For years I drove Acuras, Integras and the RSX. When Acura stopped production on these models Started a search for a replacement hatchback. The new 2012 Focus caught my attention and I got one in February. best decision I ever made. it takes a bit to get used to the DCT, but, once done the car handles so well I just drive around just for pure enjoyment. My Acuras never performed as well, MPG was modest, AC barely functioned, and maintenance costs were on the high side.
I am approaching 5000 miles and will be bringing it in for service. First oil change is free.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.