AppLink Available on 2013 - Page 4 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-16-2012, 01:25 PM   #31
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post
People need to take what they read on these forums with a grain of salt.

Multiple people here are complaining the V3 of MFT was "no better" or "worse" than previous versions.

Since updating, I have had all of a single reboot of the system. Other than that, V3 had been perfection. Talking with many other owners and looking at the forums here, most people have had the same experience.

The squeaky wheel is always the loudest...
Certainly a valid point.

I admit I mostly love my Focus, but I can't help but note when I've had a different experience. Since my update to v3.02 in April, I've had probably 8-10 reboots. I know for certain I had 3 in under a week when we took a 2,000 mile road trip last month. So it's not all roses and sunshine for those of us with MFT.

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2012, 01:36 PM   #32
jcarlilesiu
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89689
What I Drive: 2012 Dark Grey Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 jcarlilesiu Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
Certainly a valid point.

I admit I mostly love my Focus, but I can't help but note when I've had a different experience. Since my update to v3.02 in April, I've had probably 8-10 reboots. I know for certain I had 3 in under a week when we took a 2,000 mile road trip last month. So it's not all roses and sunshine for those of us with MFT.
I certainly don't mean to discredit those who are still experiencing problems with the system, but on the other token I think we have to be responsible to those people looking in that general statements like V3 is "worse" or "no better" is generally and across most people not true statements.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:47 PM   #33
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
So it's not all roses and sunshine for those of us with MFT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post
I certainly don't mean to discredit those who are still experiencing problems with the system, but on the other token I think we have to be responsible to those people looking in that general statements like V3 is "worse" or "no better" is generally and across most people not true statements.
While some have no problems, some (myself included) did not get so lucky. I will agree with your statement that I have had less reboots since the update but this actually turned out to be more of a curse than a blessing. There were times when it was acting up that I wish it would have rebooted on its own to get it more stable, at least for a little while. It forced me into way more master resets than I ever had to do w/the previous version and I got so sick of re-pairing my phone, re-entering/saving stations, and so on that I actually sucked it up and finally downloaded (and use semi-regularly) the delayed reboot app, something I never had to do w/2.11 (nor a fuse pull nor or battery disconnect, both of which I have still never done w/the new version either in fairness).
Old 08-17-2012, 11:22 AM   #34
DrRay
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 14474
What I Drive: A car

FF Reputation: 1 DrRay Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by pozi240 View Post

Hmmmm, I have no reason to doubt his last statement, but, who knows how long before we actually see it out, the fact that it is in beta already is encouraging though.
Ford is actively working on this because many car review sites like Consumer Reports have been very critical of the SYNC system.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:24 AM   #35
DrRay
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 14474
What I Drive: A car

FF Reputation: 1 DrRay Good Standing Member
My issue with MFT is SYNC. None of the SYNC services work in Canada.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:22 AM   #36
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 2,138, Level 27
Points: 2,138, Level: 27 Points: 2,138, Level: 27 Points: 2,138, Level: 27
Level Up 92% Completed
Level up: 92% Level up: 92% Level up: 92%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsfocus View Post
I have the v2 by choice because the v3 is total crap ...It's a stripped down, full of bugs, POS! If by chance you do still have the v2 you should leave it alone at least until the next release and only after seeing it in person and reading reviews here to see if it even works and what issues people are having with it. Hopefully (fingers crossed) the next update fixes all the issues and brings back some if not all of the functionality and user appeal that was taken away with the v3 "performance update(my ass!)" that Ford put out.
If it ain't broke ...don't fix it, especially when the fix is way worse then the original. IMO of course so check into it and you be the judge. Good luck!
I don't have all the details yet, noahsfocus, but I do know the Outside Air Temperature Display is coming back with the next update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantz12 View Post
Wow...re-read my post and I totally came off as an ass. It was meant as a joke. My bad...must have been a bad day! Don't get me wrong, I do love my car, and MFT is great, for the most part. Everyone who gets into my car comments on how cool it is...there's just a few things that get on my nerves. For example, Bluetooth Audio no longer locks onto my phone unless I've selected another option before going to BT Audio. I'd reset the system, but it's not enough of a hassle for me to wait for the system.
I didn't take it that way, wantz12, but I appreciate the clarification. Are you using an iPhone by chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow3v View Post
Thanks! I love the car, and the fact that Ford has eyes and ears on these boards shows me just how important the customer & the future success of the company is to them.
It's a nice feeling.
No problem, slow3v, that's exactly why I'm here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012sel View Post
Will the 2012 SYNC with MyFord systems be able to upgrade eventually and have AppLink?
Hey, 2012sel -

I haven't heard anything yet, but I'll be sure to post once I do. Announcements will also be made here:

http://Boards.SyncCommunity.com/n/pf...cmb&listMode=0

Quote:
Certainly a valid point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
While some have no problems, some (myself included) did not get so lucky. I will agree with your statement that I have had less reboots since the update but this actually turned out to be more of a curse than a blessing. There were times when it was acting up that I wish it would have rebooted on its own to get it more stable, at least for a little while. It forced me into way more master resets than I ever had to do w/the previous version and I got so sick of re-pairing my phone, re-entering/saving stations, and so on that I actually sucked it up and finally downloaded (and use semi-regularly) the delayed reboot app, something I never had to do w/2.11 (nor a fuse pull nor or battery disconnect, both of which I have still never done w/the new version either in fairness).
Hey, TiPilot & copernicium112 -

The system maintenance screen occurs when the SYNC module determines the current amount of data usage is degrading its performance, and a reboot will re-optimize the system. Some users may experience the reboot every day, whereas, others may never see it. It also depends on several factors, such as:

If you have the Navigation option and how much you use it.
How many devices you plug in on a daily basis (i.e. iPod, MP3 player, cell phone, etc.).
Which cell phone/carrier you have and how many applications you have running in the background.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRay View Post
My issue with MFT is SYNC. None of the SYNC services work in Canada.
Hi, DrRay -

We're looking into expanding Turn-by-Turn Directions and the Vehicle Health Report feature, I can't speculate on availability, but 911 Assist is currently available in Canada. Hopefully you never have to use it, but it's great to have. In the event of an accident in which the airbag deploys or the fuel pump shutoff is activated, 911 Assist uses your paired and connected phone to call a 911 operator.

If anyone has additional questions, feel free to PM me. :)

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 08-28-2012, 11:38 AM   #37
jdubhack
I WILL correct you.

Fan#: 103056
What I Drive: 2014 SGM Fusion Ti

Points 8,981, Level 63
Points: 8,981, Level: 63 Points: 8,981, Level: 63 Points: 8,981, Level: 63
Level Up 77% Completed
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 37 jdubhack Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Jaclyn,

Thanks for all the responses and the way in which you respond. It's comforting knowing that someone that is knowledgeable with more than just conjecture is available and willing to field questions.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:39 AM   #38
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Points 2,138, Level 27
Level Up 92% Completed
Forum Activity 3%
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubhack View Post
Jaclyn,

Thanks for all the responses and the way in which you respond. It's comforting knowing that someone that is knowledgeable with more than just conjecture is available and willing to field questions.
You're welcome, jdubhack, I must say I have a pretty cool job.

I appreciate your kind words, this was a great way to start my day!

Jaclyn

Old 09-24-2012, 10:46 AM   #39
frogstik
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 85976
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL : Race Red

FF Reputation: 1 frogstik Good Standing Member
Is there any update on the 2012 Focus (non MyFord Touch) getting AppLink?

Talk about a slap in the face when just about every other model got the update and the one that was advertised heavily on tech podcasts wasn't updated.

My brother's 2011 Fiesta has it. It's silly.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:58 PM   #40
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Points 2,138, Level 27
Level Up 92% Completed
Forum Activity 3%
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstik View Post
Is there any update on the 2012 Focus (non MyFord Touch) getting AppLink?
Talk about a slap in the face when just about every other model got the update and the one that was advertised heavily on tech podcasts wasn't updated.
My brother's 2011 Fiesta has it. It's silly.
No news yet, frogstik. As soon as I hear something I promise to pass it along.

Jaclyn

Bookmarks & Social Networks