Rear view mirror droops, anyone else? - Page 5 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2012, 01:50 PM   #41
TiPilot
Focus Addict
 
TiPilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Fan#: 93667
Location: Dayton, OH
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

Posts: 647
FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Update, as promised:

Mine was replaced about 10 days ago under warranty. I waited to post anything to observe it for an extended period. I haven't had to re-adjust it since the replacement; it seems to be fixed. With the old mirror, I'd have had to adjust it at least three times by now.
__________________
2012 Focus Ti Hatch | Ingot Silver | 401A, Nav, Winter Pkg, Moon Roof, Parking Tech. Pkg

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
TiPilot is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-15-2012, 02:29 PM   #42
Puttfordoe
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Fan#: 102600
Location: Redding, CA
What I Drive: 2012 Ti Focus Sedan Tuxedo Black

Posts: 2
FF Reputation: 1 Puttfordoe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
Update, as promised:

Mine was replaced about 10 days ago under warranty. I waited to post anything to observe it for an extended period. I haven't had to re-adjust it since the replacement; it seems to be fixed. With the old mirror, I'd have had to adjust it at least three times by now.

I will have to take mine into the dealership and see what they will do about it, hopefully they will replace it.
Puttfordoe is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:11 PM   #43
noahsfocus
Focus Enthusiast
 
noahsfocus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Fan#: 90974
Location: buena park, CA
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Ti Sport Hatch

Posts: 311
FF Reputation: 5 noahsfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
Update, as promised:

Mine was replaced about 10 days ago under warranty. I waited to post anything to observe it for an extended period. I haven't had to re-adjust it since the replacement; it seems to be fixed. With the old mirror, I'd have had to adjust it at least three times by now.
Thanks for letting us know it worked ... I will bring it up to the dealer but pretty sure they will laugh about this complaint and no way there going to try and duplicate it. They are pretty cool tho so hopefully they will believe me or I may just print out this thread and tell them I may need to escalate this issue with Ford Customer Service, thanks Thomas ... I'll hit u up if needed!
noahsfocus is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:38 PM   #44
unfocused1
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Fan#: 95246
Location: Twin Cities, MN
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Ford Focus SEL

Posts: 414
FF Reputation: 2 unfocused1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I repositioned my mirror yesterday, thinking I was seated differently... except I never mode the seat's position...

I'll keep an eye on it... if it's drooping now, just wait for a few years and it'll be impossible to get up again...
__________________
A fan of Ford, Freedom, Duncan Yo-Yos (but not Duncan Hines confectionary), and Strattera...
unfocused1 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:18 PM   #45
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic
 
feta_mgp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Fan#: 88210
Location: Vero Beach, FL
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

Posts: 2,631
FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
Update, as promised:

Mine was replaced about 10 days ago under warranty. I waited to post anything to observe it for an extended period. I haven't had to re-adjust it since the replacement; it seems to be fixed. With the old mirror, I'd have had to adjust it at least three times by now.
Good to know! Maybe I'll take mine in after all.
__________________
2012 SGM SEL Sedan Job 1 BD 6/2011
FSWERKS Cool-Flo w/ ITG Filter | FSWERKS Stealth Exhaust | 17x7.5 Axis Sport XMX Graphite wheels | Eibach Sportlines on Ti Handling Pkg bits
Sonic Crew #28
feta_mgp is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:11 PM   #46
Kaaru
Focus Enthusiast
 
Kaaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Fan#: 96763
Location: Montreal, Canada
What I Drive: '12 Oxford Wh. SEL Sedan 28/07/2011

Posts: 366
FF Reputation: 1 Kaaru Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hey everyone -

If your Focus is suffering from DMS (thanks for the acronym, Rememo) and you plan to visit your dealers soon, please PM me your VIN, mileage phone number, and dealer information; I'll have your Customer Service Managers look into it as soon as possible. TiPilot, let me know when you plan to take it in; I'll document this feedback on record for the time being.

- Thomas
Hello Thomas,

I have planned to see my dealer about this, however, the dealer does not share my plans as he does not consider this an issue. Your colleague, Alexander, knows about the whole thing. No use to send you a PM regarding this, just give Alexander a quick shout and you'll be up to speed.

Thx
__________________
2012 Oxford White SEL Sedan
303A + winter package + Moonroof + 16'' OEM
Kaaru is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:12 PM   #47
matthoma
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Fan#: 88033
Location: Indy, United States
What I Drive: 2012 Ti Hatch

Posts: 74
FF Reputation: 1 matthoma Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hey guys -

If you plan to take your Focus in for service, please PM me your VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealer information. I'll forward these details to the Customer Service Manager for your regions; they'll coordinate with you and your dealers on any repairs, if needed.

- Thomas
Agh, man! I just saw this. I was at the dealer Friday to finally get my DCT re-program. Will they really replace the mirror for us? I think it would be worth the additional trip.
matthoma is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:29 PM   #48
FordService
Official Ford Rep
 
FordService's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Fan#: 79824
Location: Dearborn, MI
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Posts: 4,179
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobie56 View Post
gorilla glue... lol.. just kidding...

sorry u have that problem i have the same mirror but it hasn't moved at all on its own.....
It's great that your Focus isn't suffering from DMS! When you visit the dealer for routine service, use these coupons for future savings: http://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conten...iceCouponsPage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
...Mine was replaced about 10 days ago under warranty. I waited to post anything to observe it for an extended period. I haven't had to re-adjust it since the replacement; it seems to be fixed. With the old mirror, I'd have had to adjust it at least three times by now.
Sweet; thanks for letting the other members know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttfordoe View Post
I have to adjust my auto-dimming every few days in the winter time, now that it's 110+ dregs outside it gets adjusted about every day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttfordoe View Post
I will have to take mine into the dealership and see what they will do about it, hopefully they will replace it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsfocus View Post
Thanks for letting us know it worked ... I will bring it up to the dealer but pretty sure they will laugh about this complaint and no way there going to try and duplicate it. They are pretty cool tho so hopefully they will believe me or I may just print out this thread and tell them I may need to escalate this issue with Ford Customer Service, thanks Thomas ... I'll hit u up if needed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by unfocused1 View Post
I repositioned my mirror yesterday, thinking I was seated differently... except I never mode the seat's position...

I'll keep an eye on it... if it's drooping now, just wait for a few years and it'll be impossible to get up again...
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
Good to know! Maybe I'll take mine in after all.
Hey guys -

PM me (include your VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealer info) if you'd like your CSMs to look into this issue. You're welcome, unfocused1; this is what I do!

I sent you a PM yesterday, feta_mgp; please check your inbox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaaru View Post
Hello Thomas,

I have planned to see my dealer about this, however, the dealer does not share my plans as he does not consider this an issue. Your colleague, Alexander, knows about the whole thing. No use to send you a PM regarding this, just give Alexander a quick shout and you'll be up to speed...
Understood; please let us all know how it goes north of the border.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthoma View Post
Agh, man! I just saw this. I was at the dealer Friday to finally get my DCT re-program. Will they really replace the mirror for us? I think it would be worth the additional trip.
Your dealer will inspect the mirror to see if it needs to be replaced. How is your transmission doing since the DCT update?

Thomas
__________________
FORD SERVICE

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
FordService is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 04:34 PM   #49
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic
 
feta_mgp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Fan#: 88210
Location: Vero Beach, FL
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

Posts: 2,631
FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post

Your dealer will inspect the mirror to see if it needs to be replaced. How is your transmission doing since the DCT update?

Thomas
How can they inspect it though? It happens over a period of several days, I can't leave them my car for several days.
__________________
2012 SGM SEL Sedan Job 1 BD 6/2011
FSWERKS Cool-Flo w/ ITG Filter | FSWERKS Stealth Exhaust | 17x7.5 Axis Sport XMX Graphite wheels | Eibach Sportlines on Ti Handling Pkg bits
Sonic Crew #28
feta_mgp is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:07 PM   #50
noahsfocus
Focus Enthusiast
 
noahsfocus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Fan#: 90974
Location: buena park, CA
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Ti Sport Hatch

Posts: 311
FF Reputation: 5 noahsfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
How can they inspect it though? It happens over a period of several days, I can't leave them my car for several days.
I agree ... and funny it doesn't even feel loose upon inspection. It still drops though.
I think if enough people complain Ford will recognize there is an issue. Or using Thomas to escalate it or just trying different dealers until you find one that will believe you, that's what I'm thinking anyway.
noahsfocus is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:21 AM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information : Site Map

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.