AppLink Available on 2013 - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-15-2012, 07:07 AM   #21
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotleadsingerguy View Post
Then again people said for a year and a half that an update to Sync MyFord Touch was coming...and the update that was supposed to fix everything (according to everyone that touched it) really did nothing at all.
Well, it is not fair to say it did nothing. It did take away a bunch of features and functions. That is something, granted a really bad kind of something, but something nonetheless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2012, 02:40 PM   #22
matt2331
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 95294
What I Drive: 2012 Metallic Red Focus

FF Reputation: 1 matt2331 Good Standing Member
where did you download it from?
Old 08-15-2012, 02:43 PM   #23
matt2331
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 95294
What I Drive: 2012 Metallic Red Focus

FF Reputation: 1 matt2331 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonfocus86 View Post
Download it and do it yourself? I did that 3 months ago!
Where did you download the update from?
Old 08-15-2012, 02:46 PM   #24
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt2331 View Post
uhh... SyncMyRide.com?

I may or may not have downloaded it from dropbox when the first guy on this site that got it in USB form uploaded it for us.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:53 PM   #25
noahsfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90974
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Ti Sport Hatch

FF Reputation: 5 noahsfocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt2331 View Post
If you havnt updated yet you are one of the lucky ones that probably has a good working MFT v2 sys ...don't do the update without doing some research or at least check it out (v3 sys) first. When did you get your car? You probably already have the latest v3 release.

I have the v2 by choice because the v3 is total crap ...It's a stripped down, full of bugs, POS! If by chance you do still have the v2 you should leave it alone at least until the next release and only after seeing it in person and reading reviews here to see if it even works and what issues people are having with it. Hopefully (fingers crossed) the next update fixes all the issues and brings back some if not all of the functionality and user appeal that was taken away with the v3 "performance update(my ass!)" that Ford put out.

If it ain't broke ...don't fix it, especially when the fix is way worse then the original. IMO of course so check into it and you be the judge. Good luck!
Old 08-15-2012, 05:59 PM   #26
Dick W
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91695
What I Drive: 2012 5dr SGM Ti/09 135i/07 CR-V

FF Reputation: 2 Dick W Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsfocus View Post
If it ain't broke ...don't fix it, especially when the fix is way worse then the original.
Maybe I'm the only owner who thought v2 was horribly broken and v3 is at least slightly less horribly (terribly?) broken. Still broken, no doubt. In our experience v3 does "what's it doing NOW?" things less often than v2.

To the basic premise of the thread--a great new MFT that fixes all past sin is coming Real Soon Now--we've heard all this before. Before the release of v3.

We are generally pleased with most things about our FoFo. (After serveral shop visits for TSB and FSA actions.) But MFT would be THE reason, at this point, we would not consider another Ford. The FoFo was our first Big Three car in almost 30 years and the first "American" brand car since I bought my '78 Fiesta. When I get in the FoFo and it randomly picks what to play or see Sirius Weather show nothing or... I ask myself "what was I thinking?"
Old 08-15-2012, 08:09 PM   #27
wantz12
Focus Addict

Fan#: 89237
What I Drive: 2012 White FF Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 wantz12 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post
No, it doesn't, wantz12. Vehicle lines that offer both systems don't currently have AppLink capability. And, I'm not an MFT hater, I'm a lover!
Wow...re-read my post and I totally came off as an ass. It was meant as a joke. My bad...must have been a bad day! Don't get me wrong, I do love my car, and MFT is great, for the most part. Everyone who gets into my car comments on how cool it is...there's just a few things that get on my nerves. For example, Bluetooth Audio no longer locks onto my phone unless I've selected another option before going to BT Audio. I'd reset the system, but it's not enough of a hassle for me to wait for the system.
HN #167
Old 08-15-2012, 10:17 PM   #28
slow3v
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101709
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus SE MTX

FF Reputation: 1 slow3v Good Standing Member
Quote:
No, it doesn't, wantz12. Vehicle lines that offer both systems don't currently have AppLink capability. And, I'm not an MFT hater, I'm a lover!

Like I said, our engineers are working to make AppLink available on as many vehicles as possible. As I obtain new info, I'll be sure to pass it along. :)

Jaclyn

Thanks! I love the car, and the fact that Ford has eyes and ears on these boards shows me just how important the customer & the future success of the company is to them.

It's a nice feeling.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:22 PM   #29
2012sel
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84814
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy SEL 5 door

FF Reputation: 10 2012sel Great Standing Member
Quote:
Hey everyone!

Sorry for any confusion, I've requested the photo in the above link be changed. It's advertising SYNC with MyFord, not MyFord Touch like the pic shows.

In regards to AppLink, our engineers are working to expand this feature, but I can't speculate on availability. Stay tuned to our SYNC Owner to Owner forum for upcoming announcements:

Jaclyn
Will the 2012 SYNC with MyFord systems be able to upgrade eventually and have AppLink?
2000 F150 Sport 2000-2011 | 1988 Ranger XLT 4wd 1988 - 2000 | 1966 Mustang 1983 - 2008 | 1963 Ford Econoline Van 1979 - 1983
Old 08-16-2012, 12:11 PM   #30
jcarlilesiu
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89689
What I Drive: 2012 Dark Grey Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 jcarlilesiu Good Standing Member
People need to take what they read on these forums with a grain of salt.

Multiple people here are complaining the V3 of MFT was "no better" or "worse" than previous versions.

Since updating, I have had all of a single reboot of the system. Other than that, V3 had been perfection. Talking with many other owners and looking at the forums here, most people have had the same experience.

The squeaky wheel is always the loudest...

Bookmarks & Social Networks