SYNC System Thread - Page 21 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-10-2012, 02:31 PM   #201
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
That only applies to MFT, and it appears that they have an SE with 202/203a sync w/ myford, not my ford touch. Therefore that's not exactly helpful in this case.
Sorry, I forgot I was in the SYNC thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2012, 09:48 PM   #202
MisterH
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89103
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Metallic SE

FF Reputation: 2 MisterH Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisra View Post
Sorry, I forgot I was in the SYNC thread.
No worries. I tried to pull the fuse during my lunch break at work (after I ate) but I was unable to since I didn't have any pliers with me and it turns out my fingers are too big. However when I started it up and left work I didn't get the message (iPod was still plugged in and in use). Weird. I'm not complaining though.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:09 PM   #203
DBrim
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97130
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus SE sedan

FF Reputation: 1 DBrim Good Standing Member
I bought an iPod classic for myself the other day. Was trying to use it over USB, and when doing "Play artist ____" voice command, it plays through the tracks in alphabetical order. If I was on my iPod and pressed play on an artist, it would go through in album order. Is there a way to get sync to replicate this behavior?
Old 08-14-2012, 02:13 PM   #204
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBrim View Post
I bought an iPod classic for myself the other day. Was trying to use it over USB, and when doing "Play artist ____" voice command, it plays through the tracks in alphabetical order. If I was on my iPod and pressed play on an artist, it would go through in album order. Is there a way to get sync to replicate this behavior?
Hey, DBrim -

By giving the voice command PLAY ALL, SYNC will play your music in alphabetical order. The system is set up to play all tracks by the artist in which you've given a command for. If you wish to listen to one specific album, you can give the command PLAY ALBUM XXX.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 08-14-2012, 04:51 PM   #205
DBrim
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97130
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus SE sedan

FF Reputation: 1 DBrim Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post
Hey, DBrim -

By giving the voice command PLAY ALL, SYNC will play your music in alphabetical order. The system is set up to play all tracks by the artist in which you've given a command for. If you wish to listen to one specific album, you can give the command PLAY ALBUM XXX.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Jaclyn
Well, that's not necessarily what I want, but okay. I have a bunch of artists with different greatest hits albums and such, so keeping the album names straight is a hassle. Any way to list all of the albums by a particular artist?
Old 08-14-2012, 05:00 PM   #206
TboneZX3
Ford Fiend

Fan#: 90494
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport, '01 ZX3, '67 Bronco

FF Reputation: 10 TboneZX3 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Well, that's not necessarily what I want, but okay. I have a bunch of artists with different greatest hits albums and such, so keeping the album names straight is a hassle. Any way to list all of the albums by a particular artist?
Nope. I have thousands of albums on the USB HD in my car and, like you, I like to play them as albums and therefore have to memorize them. For the greatest hits stuff, you might as well rename them somehow so they don't all have identical album names. For instance, add the artist name to the album title (e.g. Rush Greatest Hits).

It doesn't make any sense to me why it would play songs by artist in alphabetical order either. It seems like the best way would be to play the albums in alphabetical order under an artist, and play the tracks in track order within the album.
Hatch Nation #90
'12 SE Sport 5Dr |╠╬╝|Sterling Grey Metallic|203a|Moonroof|17" Paint/Mach Whls|K&N 57S-4000|FFE RMM|Steeda STB, RSB|JBR bushings
'01 ZX3|╠╬╝|Pitch Black|Prem. pkg.|Moonroof|SVT Snorkel|SVT Springs|S2 Dampers|Steeda STS|Magnaflow exh.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:08 PM   #207
blank102
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96549
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SE HB

FF Reputation: 1 blank102 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post
We're very happy with our partnership with Microsoft, but we still talk with and learn from other experts in user interface technology; including Apple. Definitely let me know if the reset helps!

Jaclyn
Didn't work. Still have to control everything from the iPod itself.
Would it help if I used an MP3 from Microsoft?
Old 08-17-2012, 03:17 PM   #208
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneZX3 View Post
Nope. I have thousands of albums on the USB HD in my car and, like you, I like to play them as albums and therefore have to memorize them. For the greatest hits stuff, you might as well rename them somehow so they don't all have identical album names. For instance, add the artist name to the album title (e.g. Rush Greatest Hits).

It doesn't make any sense to me why it would play songs by artist in alphabetical order either. It seems like the best way would be to play the albums in alphabetical order under an artist, and play the tracks in track order within the album.
I see where you're coming from now, those greatest hits albums throw everything off! For this type of situation, I recommend creating separate playlists on iTunes. If you need help doing this, check out:

http://Support.Apple.com/kb/HT1801

Once this has been done and your iPod has completed indexing, give the voice command PLAY PLAYLIST XXX.

If you have additional questions, give me a shout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blank102 View Post
Didn't work. Still have to control everything from the iPod itself.
Would it help if I used an MP3 from Microsoft?
To clarify, did you soft reset the iPod or perform a Master Reset on the SYNC system?

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 08-25-2012, 07:58 PM   #209
blank102
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96549
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SE HB

FF Reputation: 1 blank102 Good Standing Member
Got it to work. But for some reason I have to get the system to recognize the iPod every time I plug it in.
I changed the connectors and it now works.
To any others with the same problem: DO NOT plug anything into the audio out hole on your iPod or the car. If it ain't a rectangle hole or plug you are doing it wrong.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:29 PM   #210
Phillip!
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102902
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Phillip! Good Standing Member
I didn't read through all of this, so I apologize ahead of time if my complaints are redundant and fixed already (I hope!).

I always leave mine on shuffle. However, when I start my car back up, it will continue shuffling, but in alphabetical order rather than a completely random shuffle. I have to push shuffle, all, and ok all over again. Another problem I have is my ipod not being recognized even though I left it plugged in. Weird little problems, but at least it basically works!

Bookmarks & Social Networks