Dodge Dart review and possible new focus owner - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-13-2012, 07:22 PM   #11
G-Man's SVTF
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100864
What I Drive: 03 black EAP SVTF, 06 blue ST

FF Reputation: 1 G-Man's SVTF Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I've heard good and bad things about the dart. More bad unfortunately. I was hoping it would be a home run like the focus is. I'm all for American cars but the rest of the car needs to be like the nice looks. The interior and motor are not quite there. IMO it should do better than the Chevy cruise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2012, 10:23 PM   #12
NBFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 75547
What I Drive: 2009 Focus SES Coupe

FF Reputation: 1 NBFocus Good Standing Member
I honestly think the Veloster is hideous. While the car may be impressive performance wise, and be great bang for your buck, I could never drive something that ugly. Just my opinion, not flaming anyone who has/wants one. To each their own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustHereFTM View Post
hes still single and thirsty because he wasted his pepsi...
Old 08-13-2012, 10:25 PM   #13
lyonsroar

Fan#: 63166
What I Drive: 2009 Volkswagen GTI

FF Reputation: 31 lyonsroar Great Standing Member
Style is subjective.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:56 AM   #14
a1awind
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 98056
What I Drive: 2012, candy blue, se sport sedan,

FF Reputation: 2 a1awind Good Standing Member
i find that 8 out of 10 salesmen have no idea about the product they are selling. 6 out of 10 aren't even "car guys".

i just took my mom car shopping.
i wanted to talk her into a taurus but she hates ford. she is a japanese fan.
so she decided on (after driving an accord, legacy, 6, and Camry) the Camry.
I knew more about the Camry than the saleman. I actually schooled the salesman on his competition. he knew all there was to know about football...but squat about cars. oddly i am not a sports person...so he and i didnt share common ground.

at the honda dealer...it was the same thing. all i got from the salesman was how great honda's are and how you can't find a better value for the money.
but he didnt know crap about the competition. by the time we left he was asking me for info about the infiniti he had on the used lot that someone was comming in to look at!

the subaru/mazda dealer... the salesman was older and a former "auction guy" so he and i were able to talk cars. he was also the least pushy.

as a side note... my mom went to purchase a camry from the dealer that she test drove the car at.... Day Toyota in pleasant hills pa..... she went armed with info from edmunds, and threw a respectable offer on the table and said she wanted $12,000 for her 50k mile honda element ( kbb 14,000)
they offered $10,000 for her element and sticker for the camry. she laughed and walked. Rorich toyota/lexus accepted her offer right away and even had to dealer trade to get the car she wanted!
Old 08-14-2012, 06:11 AM   #15
evanmdzx3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 94289
What I Drive: 2007 Silver ZX3 SE

FF Reputation: 1 evanmdzx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1awind View Post
i find that 8 out of 10 salesmen have no idea about the product they are selling. 6 out of 10 aren't even "car guys".

I knew more about the Camry than the saleman. I actually schooled the salesman on his competition. he knew all there was to know about football...but squat about cars. oddly i am not a sports person...so he and i didnt share common ground.

at the honda dealer...it was the same thing. all i got from the salesman was how great honda's are and how you can't find a better value for the money.
but he didnt know crap about the competition. by the time we left he was asking me for info about the infiniti he had on the used lot that someone was comming in to look at!

the subaru/mazda dealer... the salesman was older and a former "auction guy" so he and i were able to talk cars. he was also the least pushy.

as a side note... my mom went to purchase a camry from the dealer that she test drove the car at.... Day Toyota in pleasant hills pa..... she went armed with info from edmunds, and threw a respectable offer on the table and said she wanted $12,000 for her 50k mile honda element ( kbb 14,000)
they offered $10,000 for her element and sticker for the camry. she laughed and walked. Rorich toyota/lexus accepted her offer right away and even had to dealer trade to get the car she wanted!
thank god for your mom standing up for herself. i had seeing people get pushed around and talked into horrible deals by salesmen just because they dont know enough about their car/car they are buying

Hatch Nation #166
Old 08-14-2012, 07:25 AM   #16
bball40dtw
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85847
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti and 2013 C-Max SE

FF Reputation: 1 bball40dtw Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBFocus View Post
I honestly think the Veloster is hideous. While the car may be impressive performance wise, and be great bang for your buck, I could never drive something that ugly. Just my opinion, not flaming anyone who has/wants one. To each their own.
Its not that impressive performance wise. Not that you would buy one, but people looking at a hot hatch should drop the extra coin for an MS3, ST, or GTI. They are SO MUCH better to drive. The Veloster even in turbo form always feels like an economy car.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:30 AM   #17
bball40dtw
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85847
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti and 2013 C-Max SE

FF Reputation: 1 bball40dtw Good Standing Member
Quote:

Honda and Toyota dealers aren't used to having to compare thier product to the competition. There are so many people that will just buy a Camry/Accord or Corolla/Civic without cross shopping.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:53 AM   #18
kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

FF Reputation: 11 kam327 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by bball40dtw View Post
Honda and Toyota dealers aren't used to having to compare thier product to the competition. There are so many people that will just buy a Camry/Accord or Corolla/Civic without cross shopping.
As clearly evidenced by the Corolla and Civic continuing to dominate compact car sales despite one uses 10+ year old technology and the other is so bad even traditional Japanese cheerleaders Consumer Reports is now advising consumers to steer clear of it.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:56 AM   #19
kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

FF Reputation: 11 kam327 Great Standing Member
Quote:
I really feel like salesmen should be looked at as no more than a secretary. I should have done all the research on the car myself therefore needing no additional information from the salesman, and his or her sole functions should be to accompany me on the test drive to ensure I don't wreck their car, be the middleman on coming to agreement on price with the sales manager, and facilitate the completion of the necessary paperwork. End of interaction.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:13 AM   #20
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kam327 View Post
I really feel like salesmen should be looked at as no more than a secretary. I should have done all the research on the car myself therefore needing no additional information from the salesman, and his or her sole functions should be to accompany me on the test drive to ensure I don't wreck their car, be the middleman on coming to agreement on price with the sales manager, and facilitate the completion of the necessary paperwork. End of interaction.

Posted via FF Mobile thats how im starting to look at it.

Bookmarks & Social Networks