AppLink Available on 2013 - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-17-2012, 09:45 AM   #11
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Here's hoping! Thanks for sharing the info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2012, 10:21 AM   #12
noahsfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90974
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Ti Sport Hatch

FF Reputation: 5 noahsfocus Good Standing Member
Wow great news pozi ...thanks for the info, you should copy this post to the MFT sticky thread. Hoping Ford will get it right someday soon!
Old 07-17-2012, 10:30 AM   #13
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 9 Kabigon Good Standing Member
It sounds like they might be ditching FlashLite (hopefully) and switching to Windows Embedded Automotive 7.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:55 AM   #14
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by treoless View Post
http://www.ford.com/cars/focus/features/#page=Feature16

Does this mean a new MFT version for 2012?
Hey everyone!

Sorry for any confusion, I've requested the photo in the above link be changed. It's advertising SYNC with MyFord, not MyFord Touch like the pic shows.

In regards to AppLink, our engineers are working to expand this feature, but I can't speculate on availability. Stay tuned to our SYNC Owner to Owner forum for upcoming announcements:

http://boards.SyncCommunity.com/n/pf...cmb&listMode=0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyThIc3LiTe View Post
I still haven't received my upgrade so I'm behind the curve either way.
You may be able to download the update from SyncMyRide, MyThIc3LiTe. Is your vehicle equipped with navigation? I'd like to look into this, PM your VIN when you get a chance.

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 07-17-2012, 11:44 AM   #15
wantz12
Focus Addict

Fan#: 89237
What I Drive: 2012 White FF Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 wantz12 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post
Hey everyone!

Sorry for any confusion, I've requested the photo in the above link be changed. It's advertising SYNC with MyFord, not MyFord Touch like the pic shows.

In regards to AppLink, our engineers are working to expand this feature, but I can't speculate on availability. Stay tuned to our SYNC Owner to Owner forum for upcoming announcements:

http://boards.SyncCommunity.com/n/pf...cmb&listMode=0

You may be able to download the update from SyncMyRide, MyThIc3LiTe. Is your vehicle equipped with navigation? I'd like to look into this, PM your VIN when you get a chance.

Jaclyn
So does this mean those who choose NOT to get MFT in the new 2013 will get AppLink while those who get MFT won't? If so...why you hate on MFT so much?
HN #167
Old 07-17-2012, 02:26 PM   #16
noahsfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90974
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Ti Sport Hatch

FF Reputation: 5 noahsfocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyThIc3LiTe View Post
I hope.

I still haven't received my upgrade so I'm behind the curve either way.
If your ver2 MFT is working good then imo I would leave it the way it is until the next update is released ... I still have my ver2 and it works great and prefere it to the stripped down, full of annoying bugs v3 MFT.

Hoping Ford gets it right on the next software release so I can upgrade and use the new nav system but in the mean time the ver2 sys is great and I personally prefere it. Once you upgrade there is no going back so at least look into it before doing so. I went and did a demo at the dealership in another focus with the v3 system and was appalled with what I saw so thankful I did that before I made my decision. I would suggest doing the same.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:29 PM   #17
slow3v
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101709
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus SE MTX

FF Reputation: 1 slow3v Good Standing Member
I hope AppLink comes to "MyFord" and not just MFT.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:09 PM   #18
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by slow3v View Post
seems as if MFT is the platform NOT getting AppLink, the basic MyFord with Sync should be though
Sonic Crew #28
Old 08-13-2012, 02:20 PM   #19
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by wantz12 View Post
So does this mean those who choose NOT to get MFT in the new 2013 will get AppLink while those who get MFT won't? If so...why you hate on MFT so much?
No, it doesn't, wantz12. Vehicle lines that offer both systems don't currently have AppLink capability. And, I'm not an MFT hater, I'm a lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow3v View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
seems as if MFT is the platform NOT getting AppLink, the basic MyFord with Sync should be though
Like I said, our engineers are working to make AppLink available on as many vehicles as possible. As I obtain new info, I'll be sure to pass it along. :)

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 08-14-2012, 10:01 PM   #20
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by pozi240 View Post
There is two updates coming down the pipe for MFT, one of them is "huge" according to the tech support people at Ford.
I had a very pleasant conversation with a Tech rep named Gary when I called the 1-800 number from Ford on Friday recently. Since I own three newer Fords, all with some form of Sync, and my wife's new Galaxy Note (and my Galaxy Nexus with the JellyBean upgrade) was having some issues recognizing one of the cars. After we sorted that out (very easy fix as it turns out), he asked how I liked my MFT and we discussed different OS platforms, etc (he inquired to my background, so, we had "common ground" knowledge wise)... He did confirm the new update coming soon (which we already knew) which returns a lot of lost "functionality", but, he also mentioned some of thier team working on a complete "revamp" and possibly a completely different OS (he couldn't say much obviously) and believe me, I tried without getting him in trouble to give me more info. The only thing he could say is that they are currently testing a beta version of this new "interface" and things look very positive,.. he suspected before the end of the year it would be ready for full release and that everyone would be very surprised and happy with it...... I hinted that as long as they keep using the current Microsoft Automotive crap, (instead of a Linux version or even QNX like Porsche is doing), most of us won't be happy. He laughed, agreed with me and assured me, I would be happy when they do this "big" release sometime later this year (or even later, who knows)....
Read into that whatever you will, but, having dealt with CS reps before on the phone with other companies, its pretty easy to tell when they're "blowing smoke" or making stuff up, and I didn't get that vibe at all from this Ford Tech rep....... and he was very carefull as to what and how he said it...only to confirm a new update coming very soon (the one we all know about), but, he also said to keep "your ears and eyes on the forums about a huge release later in the year" that should "change everything" as he put it....

Hmmmm, I have no reason to doubt his last statement, but, who knows how long before we actually see it out, the fact that it is in beta already is encouraging though.
Only problem with this is everywhere else this is referenced on the internet they're also tying the update to a completely different system (Sync III). This means it would require different hardware, as well. At the very least, it would only most likely be available as an update to very recent systems, which would probably include 2013 models and up.

Then again people said for a year and a half that an update to Sync MyFord Touch was coming...and the update that was supposed to fix everything (according to everyone that touched it) really did nothing at all.

Bookmarks & Social Networks