DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread - Page 143 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-12-2012, 11:23 AM   #1421
VOLDAR
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90444
What I Drive: Volt 2014, White Diamond

FF Reputation: 3 VOLDAR Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rp3583 View Post
My last vehicle that I traded in on the focus was an 04 eddie bauer explorer. The liftgate just fell off the freakin vehicle, and for some reason the 04 model year was not covered by recall when all the model years on either side of it were. So it became MY problem. I don't want Ford to screw me again and in 5 years when this transmission and clutch(es) crap out it becomes MY problem once again. This tranny/computer/whole car needs to be recalled.
And what you do with all those (including me) that are happy with their DCT ? Even though I might, in the lights of what you said above, understand your frustration, do you think the best thing is acting like you did ? Take the time and read what others said/say and how they solved their problems and you'll understand that the DCT is different and yes, it is not for everyone. Maybe not for you and you have two things to do:
1. take it to the dealer and make it fix it, but be aware that there are things you should also do so that the DCT acts like it should
2. take the "hit" of trading it in and get along with your life, because frustration is not doing good to anyone.
---replaced by---
Chevy Volt 2014, White Diamond, Luxury Package, S1, Navigation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2012, 11:42 AM   #1422
rp3583
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102478
What I Drive: 2012, white, focus sel

FF Reputation: 1 rp3583 Good Standing Member
I've taken my last hit for Ford, it seems that's all I've ever done. Ford was much more appealing since they didn't take the bailout. I have no interest in any Government Motors vehicle.

I honestly hope your blind defense of a car you obviously like does not bite you in the rear if you keep it for any length of time. It seems these vehicles will hold together just long enough for your warranty to run out, and if it's not already been addressed by recall then you're screwed.

Bottom line the damage being done currently is irreversible, if I drove a manual like this it wouldn't make it past 5 years. There may as well be a drunk monkey under the hood randomly mashing gears.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:49 PM   #1423
VOLDAR
Focus Addict

I was not happy with my DCT every time. I had the same experience you have with it now, after an update done to it by my dealer. He said then "it is normal". You know what ? I took the car to another Ford shop and they fix it. You should do this, if you can. If not, I would advise you to disconnect the negative of the baterry for 5 minutes and then to perform the drive cycle from here:

Quote:
Step 4 (drive cycle) is as follows:

1. Press the brake pedal.
2. Shift to Drive.
3. Wait 15 seconds.
4. Shift to Reverse.
5. Wait 2 seconds.
6. Repeat (1-5) ten (10) times.
7. Accelerate from a stop with light throttle to 24.1 kmh (15 mph).
8. Brake gently to a complete stop (allow at least 6 seconds).
9. Repeat steps (7-8) five (5) times in dealership parking lot or similar setting.
10. Accelerate from a stop with light throttle performing 1-2, 2-3, 3-4 shifts maintaining 1700-2000 rpm.
11. Accelerate to a speed between 80.5 kmh (50 mph) and 104.6 kmh (65 mph), achieve 6th gear, keep throttle steady with engine below 3000 rpm for a minimum of two (2) minutes.
12. Repeat step 11 two (2) times.
13. Test drive the vehicle.
This may solve your problems. And yes, do what I told you on the last page about how to drive the DCT and you may see some changes in your DCT.
---replaced by---
Old 08-12-2012, 02:06 PM   #1424
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 9 Kabigon Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF4 View Post
You seem to be misinformed, the manual is available on both the SE and Titanium models in the US.
Was the manual transmission available in the Titanium at the time rp3583 purchased his vehicle?
Old 08-12-2012, 02:10 PM   #1425
hand-filer
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90895
What I Drive: One less Ford

FF Reputation: 1 hand-filer Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by rp3583 View Post
I've taken my last hit for Ford, it seems that's all I've ever done. Ford was much more appealing since they didn't take the bailout. I have no interest in any Government Motors vehicle.

I honestly hope your blind defense of a car you obviously like does not bite you in the rear if you keep it for any length of time. It seems these vehicles will hold together just long enough for your warranty to run out, and if it's not already been addressed by recall then you're screwed.

Bottom line the damage being done currently is irreversible, if I drove a manual like this it wouldn't make it past 5 years. There may as well be a drunk monkey under the hood randomly mashing gears.
Are you done now?
Old 08-12-2012, 02:18 PM   #1426
VOLDAR
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon View Post
Was the manual transmission available in the Titanium at the time rp3583 purchased his vehicle?
Since the manual in Ti was available starting with february-march 2012 (if I am remembering well), then ask rp3583 when he bought his own.
---replaced by---
Old 08-12-2012, 06:10 PM   #1427
Gary_C
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 95312
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Focus Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Gary_C Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLDAR View Post
I was not happy with my DCT every time. I had the same experience you have with it now, after an update done to it by my dealer. He said then "it is normal". You know what ? I took the car to another Ford shop and they fix it. You should do this, if you can. If not, I would advise you to disconnect the negative of the baterry for 5 minutes and then to perform the drive cycle from here:

This may solve your problems. And yes, do what I told you on the last page about how to drive the DCT and you may see some changes in your DCT.
Voldar can post whatever and i am getting sensored by a moderator. Voldar must be the voice of FORD for thier F'up. But what the hell,, this is not as free of a country as you think it is.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:17 PM   #1428
Gary_C
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 95312
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Focus Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Gary_C Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLDAR View Post

2. take the "hit" of trading it in and get along with your life, because frustration is not doing good to anyone.
I will take the hit with my NEW car that has ONLY 5000 miles on it.
Kelly Blue book shows that in perfect condition which it is in, it is worth 19,750.00....... SO a 6K hit to drive this POS for 6 months.
This is the first ford i have owned in 52 years and it will be the last.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:12 PM   #1429
bball40dtw
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85847
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti and 2013 C-Max SE

FF Reputation: 1 bball40dtw Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon View Post
???

The tech was following the instructions for TSB 11-12-13 which specifies the replacement of the shaft seals and the dual clutch assembly (which was contaminated/damaged because of the oil leak).
That doesn't mean that I wasn't surprised that the clutches were being replaced. I'm happy with my dealership for fixing a number if issues quickly and competently.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:22 PM   #1430
bball40dtw
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85847
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti and 2013 C-Max SE

FF Reputation: 1 bball40dtw Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary_C View Post
I will take the hit with my NEW car that has ONLY 5000 miles on it.
Kelly Blue book shows that in perfect condition which it is in, it is worth 19,750.00....... SO a 6K hit to drive this POS for 6 months.
This is the first ford i have owned in 52 years and it will be the last.
Good luck getting that on a trade in.

Have you given the dealership an opportunity to fix the car? Or do you just let people here know that you hate your Focus? My advice is keep taking it into the dealer until it a) gets fixed, or b) gets lemon lawed.

As many problems as I have had, I am certain the Focus is the best small car you can buy.

Bookmarks & Social Networks