Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 127 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-09-2012, 06:13 PM   #1261
3focuslater
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 80943
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE/ Black/Sync/Auto/Moon

FF Reputation: 1 3focuslater Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
You know I read in a past comment from someone that it acts sorta like a manual transmission would. I am going to agree, that is exactly what mine feels like when I am driving, starting and stopping and even more so when in the Sport mode...I have 279 miles on mine and I do love the car overall. I am not worried about the way it feels or the lag starting from a stop. When I drove standard cars and releasing the clutch there was always a lag and then it would take off. It also feels some what like turbo lag just as example. For the most part everything you are feeling in the car is NORMAL and its reacting the way it was designed to act. Which just might be the issue, most people are not used an automatic transmission acting in this way and that is why its an uncomfortable feeling. If you know how to drive a standard shift or have access to one take for a spin and you will see that its pretty similar... If you give it some time I feel that there is a good chance that everyone will get used it. However, if the shuddering and lagging gets worse I would bring it in to the dealer... I think it will most likely break in and run smother.. It just takes time!!!! Once again I find it feels just like driving a standard transmission just without the clutch so in other words is an automatic standard in a sense... So If you like automatics and standards you get both, you get the feeling of a standard without a hassle of a shifter and clutch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2012, 06:53 PM   #1262
ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99202
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus SE, HB, sport pkg

FF Reputation: 1 ElGatto Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3focuslater View Post
You know I read in a past comment from someone that it acts sorta like a manual transmission would. I am going to agree, that is exactly what mine feels like when I am driving, starting and stopping and even more so when in the Sport mode...I have 279 miles on mine and I do love the car overall. I am not worried about the way it feels or the lag starting from a stop. When I drove standard cars and releasing the clutch there was always a lag and then it would take off. It also feels some what like turbo lag just as example. For the most part everything you are feeling in the car is NORMAL and its reacting the way it was designed to act. Which just might be the issue, most people are not used an automatic transmission acting in this way and that is why its an uncomfortable feeling. If you know how to drive a standard shift or have access to one take for a spin and you will see that its pretty similar... If you give it some time I feel that there is a good chance that everyone will get used it. However, if the shuddering and lagging gets worse I would bring it in to the dealer... I think it will most likely break in and run smother.. It just takes time!!!! Once again I find it feels just like driving a standard transmission just without the clutch so in other words is an automatic standard in a sense... So If you like automatics and standards you get both, you get the feeling of a standard without a hassle of a shifter and clutch.
I agree with you 100%. Glad to see posters like you with some common sense instead of those who's only mission is to bash Ford and the Focus.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:55 PM   #1263
3focuslater
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGatto View Post
I agree with you 100%. Glad to see posters like you with some common sense instead of those who's only mission is to bash Ford and the Focus.
I just don't think that its a problem till there really is one... Its different and that is what the focus is all about... SO what a little lag, but after that 1 second delay the car really does take off like a rocket.. Well not a rocket, but it takes off! I drove it at first and kept thinking wow this is different and it kept reminding me of something and could not put my finger on it and then I read the threads and Bingo it all made sense to me. I find that once I let off brake and let the car roll for a second if possible I don't get the lag so that it self is just like a stick shift... Also its a bit worse when the A/C is on also, so I don't use it around town, just on the highway... the other thing people might be feeling is the thing that holds the car from rolling ( can't think of the name of the option ) but that also makes the car lag a bit till it releases. So its just a series of little things that takes time to get used to...Don't write the car off till you have driven it for a while... Drive it like an 18 yo and you won't even feel the lag... I am sure you will love it ......
Old 08-09-2012, 08:12 PM   #1264
ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3focuslater View Post
I just don't think that its a problem till there really is one... Its different and that is what the focus is all about... SO what a little lag, but after that 1 second delay the car really does take off like a rocket.. Well not a rocket, but it takes off! I drove it at first and kept thinking wow this is different and it kept reminding me of something and could not put my finger on it and then I read the threads and Bingo it all made sense to me. I find that once I let off brake and let the car roll for a second if possible I don't get the lag so that it self is just like a stick shift... Also its a bit worse when the A/C is on also, so I don't use it around town, just on the highway... the other thing people might be feeling is the thing that holds the car from rolling ( can't think of the name of the option ) but that also makes the car lag a bit till it releases. So its just a series of little things that takes time to get used to...Don't write the car off till you have driven it for a while... Drive it like an 18 yo and you won't even feel the lag... I am sure you will love it ......
Boy are you going to tick off those irate bashers.
They usually jump all over me.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:45 PM   #1265
3focuslater
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Boy are you going to tick off those irate bashers.
They usually jump all over me.
gee I hope not, I don't want to make anyone mad or upset... I guess I see both sides also, there could be a problem with some cars out there, however, what others feel is an issue, others might not. The technology is not new, after doing a bit of research I found that its been used in VW's, Volvo's, Audi and BMW and also other Fords. I just think that there could be some wrinkles to iron out and when that's done all with fine and all will be happy... But I will say I am sorry if I upset anyone with any of my comments, that was not my intention... I believe that a forum is just a place to state comments and opinions... The car is great overall lag or no lag I am happy with my purchase...
Old 08-09-2012, 11:44 PM   #1266
JimsFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99994
What I Drive: 2012 Chevy Cruze,1966 Mustang

FF Reputation: 1 JimsFocus Good Standing Member
3focuslater. I don't think you will upset anyone by relating your experiences with your car. It's obviously good to hear that someone is enjoying their ride.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:56 PM   #1267
JimsFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99994
What I Drive: 2012 Chevy Cruze,1966 Mustang

FF Reputation: 1 JimsFocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
So posters with problems have no common sense? Please remember that there are cars with problems and their owners have every right to complain. They are not "bashers". They are people who are not getting help when there is a known problem. You can be rude to, or insult those people all you want, but it won't help them with their problems. Wake up. Not everyone has a "perfect" Focus. Don't the people who have had wheel bearings, steering racks, struts, clutches, solenoids and complete transmissions give them problems and have to beg Ford for a repair have a right to complain without being called "bashers" or people without common sense? People lacking common sense are the Ford engineers who told me to roll up my windows and turn the radio up so I wouldn't hear the trans noises. I wasn't a "basher". I was a very unsatisfied, frustrated and unhappy customer, and I'm not the only one. Stop insulting people because they aren't as happy as you. You seem to not realize that people have problems with their cars and some have not been treated very well by Ford. Instead of being so critical, be glad you aren't one of them.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:33 AM   #1268
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Here comes the cops, everyone act natural.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:19 PM   #1269
dany376
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102482
What I Drive: 2012 White Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 dany376 Good Standing Member
23,000 miles

I purchased my focus used transmission software has been updated a now I back out of my drive way in the morning and pull off. It shakes for about 15 feet and smoothes out. I think Ford needs to go a new route with these trannys. I'll be taking mine in next week to be looked at.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:52 AM   #1270
ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dany376 View Post
I purchased my focus used transmission software has been updated a now I back out of my drive way in the morning and pull off. It shakes for about 15 feet and smoothes out. I think Ford needs to go a new route with these trannys. I'll be taking mine in next week to be looked at.
23000 miles? Did you road test it before you bought it? Hopefully it isn't something caused by the previous owner and is covered under the warranty!

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->