Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 126 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-07-2012, 07:59 PM   #1251
Becks
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 100180
What I Drive: 2008 Toyota

FF Reputation: 1 Becks Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGatto View Post
being a Focus owner, which you are not, I can only say the Focus is like a fine wine that gets better with age. The early nuances though noticeable are really minor.
It's too bad if you are judging your opinions on what you read here. As a matter of fact I suggest you stay away from any Ford ownership. With your biased view you would only nit pick the car to death.
I have owned at least five Acuras and only switched when they no longer offered a hatchback. My New Focus puts any of those Acuras to shame.
ElGaatto,

I know how nice it must seem for you think you are an official spokesperson in this thread. I also understand how you enjoy being liked by the Ford Cust Care rep (who I do think is a valuable liaison in these forums). However, as you should know, or will come to understand that forums are a place to discuss topics and offer opinions. ElGatto..you have every right to voice your opinion, and give feed back how you see fit. Keep in mind that you are not anyone to anyone in here who can tell others what they can, and cannot do. Nor are you someone that deserves "more credence" because you have owned cars. Making negative assumptions about others in these forums only reveals your level of immaturity.....regardless of your age. On at least 2 other occasions you have been rude to other posters.

Try to understand that forums are not personal, and everyone has a right to voice their opinion. You may not agree with it but, thats life.

Enjoy your ride, and Happy Motoring.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2012, 09:25 PM   #1252
RiverRunFocus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102328
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 RiverRunFocus Good Standing Member
I bought a 2012 Focus Titanium in May 2011 for my daughter to drive to school. She said it had a "weird" feel to it when taking off from a red light sometimes. We had the recall reprogramming done. I drove it a couple of weeks ago and noticed "the shudder" - the "weird feel" she talked about. I called the service department at the Ford dealership and the service manager said he'd never heard of a Focus having that problem....but to bring it in and they would look at it. Now they are removing the transmission to replace a couple of leaking seals. Seems fluid is leaking on the dual clutch mechanism causing them to slip and "shudder". The car should be ready in a few days. Luckily, according to the service manager, they can get the parts they need - he said they had been on back-order. I'm just glad they figured it out and didn't put me off.

I don't have a comfortable feeling about sending my daughter back out on the road to school (several hours away) in this Focus. I may have to put her in my wife's Honda Accord. Or my other daughter's Honda Civic.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:50 PM   #1253
Red Jay 918
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 79277
What I Drive: 2010 Focus SE

Points 9,135, Level 64
Points: 9,135, Level: 64 Points: 9,135, Level: 64 Points: 9,135, Level: 64
Level Up 29% Completed
Level up: 29% Level up: 29% Level up: 29%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 7 Red Jay 918 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRunFocus View Post
I bought a 2012 Focus Titanium in May 2011 for my daughter to drive to school. She said it had a "weird" feel to it when taking off from a red light sometimes. We had the recall reprogramming done. I drove it a couple of weeks ago and noticed "the shudder" - the "weird feel" she talked about. I called the service department at the Ford dealership and the service manager said he'd never heard of a Focus having that problem....but to bring it in and they would look at it. Now they are removing the transmission to replace a couple of leaking seals. Seems fluid is leaking on the dual clutch mechanism causing them to slip and "shudder". The car should be ready in a few days. Luckily, according to the service manager, they can get the parts they need - he said they had been on back-order. I'm just glad they figured it out and didn't put me off.

I don't have a comfortable feeling about sending my daughter back out on the road to school (several hours away) in this Focus. I may have to put her in my wife's Honda Accord. Or my other daughter's Honda Civic.

O_O!! transmission removal??? yikes!!
Old 08-08-2012, 07:03 AM   #1254
meesterlike24
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 100589
What I Drive: 2012 grey Focus

FF Reputation: 1 meesterlike24 Good Standing Member
[QUOTE=FordCustomerService;4277176]Taking your time with the break-in procedure is important; the owner's guide goes over this too: https://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conte...OwnerGuidePage. This period will also allow the adaptive learning system to run its course. You're always welcome to obtain another opinion about the shaking, though. If you plan on doing this, please shoot me your VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealer info; I'll send this to your region's Customer Service Manager.

The Focus stalled out three times last week when attempting acceleration from coasting at low speeds. But dont worry. I traded in the "Death Trap" before it had a chance to cause a deadly accident with my family in it. When someone buys it, Im sure youll hear from them too. THANK YOU FORD FOR YOUR JUNK PRODUCT AND HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. ILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER FORD PRODUCT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-08-2012, 11:03 AM   #1255
ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99202
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus SE, HB, sport pkg

FF Reputation: 1 ElGatto Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becks View Post
ElGaatto,

I know how nice it must seem for you think you are an official spokesperson in this thread. I also understand how you enjoy being liked by the Ford Cust Care rep (who I do think is a valuable liaison in these forums). However, as you should know, or will come to understand that forums are a place to discuss topics and offer opinions. ElGatto..you have every right to voice your opinion, and give feed back how you see fit. Keep in mind that you are not anyone to anyone in here who can tell others what they can, and cannot do. Nor are you someone that deserves "more credence" because you have owned cars. Making negative assumptions about others in these forums only reveals your level of immaturity.....regardless of your age. On at least 2 other occasions you have been rude to other posters.

Try to understand that forums are not personal, and everyone has a right to voice their opinion. You may not agree with it but, thats life.

Enjoy your ride, and Happy Motoring.
????
Old 08-08-2012, 01:29 PM   #1256
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,107, Level 34
Points: 3,107, Level: 34 Points: 3,107, Level: 34 Points: 3,107, Level: 34
Level Up 38% Completed
Level up: 38% Level up: 38% Level up: 38%
Forum Activity 24%
Activity: 24% Activity: 24% Activity: 24%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by chum567 View Post
I will when my part for something else comes in.
Excellent; thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becks View Post
ElGaatto,

...I also understand how you enjoy being liked by the Ford Cust Care rep (who I do think is a valuable liaison in these forums)....Try to understand that forums are not personal, and everyone has a right to voice their opinion. You may not agree with it but, thats life...
C'mon now; I like everyone! [wink] These forums are a great outlet and communication medium. I'll assist owners with their issues in any way possible.

Quote:

I don't have a comfortable feeling about sending my daughter back out on the road to school (several hours away) in this Focus...
Congrats on your recent Focus purchase! The dealership will take extra care of your ride to make sure it's set for your daughter. Please PM me your VIN, mileage, contact info, and dealer city/state; I'll forward these details to your region's Customer Service Manager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meesterlike24 View Post
The Focus stalled out three times last week when attempting acceleration from coasting at low speeds. But dont worry. I traded in the "Death Trap" before it had a chance to cause a deadly accident with my family in it. When someone buys it, Im sure youll hear from them too. THANK YOU FORD FOR YOUR JUNK PRODUCT AND HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. ILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER FORD PRODUCT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We never like to lose a valued customer. Customer safety is a top priority; I wish you all the best.

Thomas

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 08-08-2012, 04:51 PM   #1257
RFrench6646
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 101073
What I Drive: 2012 SEL Sonic Blue, Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 RFrench6646 Good Standing Member
Quote:

Now this is what I had suspected when mine was shuddering. I'm hoping this is a rare problem. I have no issues now, but I am a very "tuned in" driver, I listen, and sense, any little thing. So I'm keeping this note in the back of my mind. I don't suppose the dealership will be willing to take some photos of the problem, and upload them to Ford? Might help in the future. J/S
Old 08-08-2012, 09:01 PM   #1258
klipper
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 101491
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 klipper Good Standing Member
Just adding myself to the list of transmissions that are functioning normally. A bit shaky during the break-in but I'm @ 1500 miles and smooth as butter.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:04 PM   #1259
ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99202
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus SE, HB, sport pkg

FF Reputation: 1 ElGatto Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by klipper View Post
Just adding myself to the list of transmissions that are functioning normally. A bit shaky during the break-in but I'm @ 1500 miles and smooth as butter.
Welcome aboard!
Old 08-08-2012, 09:47 PM   #1260
Mobybyron
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102358
What I Drive: 2012 se focus black

FF Reputation: 1 Mobybyron Good Standing Member
I have 2012 se focus have the same problem with the transmission when shifting from 2nd to 3rd the engine and transmission sound like it skipped and went to 4th gear and the car would shake. Car was in for a week and they found engine mount cracked now it drives like normal have 19k now the one touch window does not work will be going back in

Bookmarks & Social Networks