2012 5-Door tail lamp scratching body - Page 14 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-07-2012, 01:25 PM   #131
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,235, Level 35
Points: 3,235, Level: 35 Points: 3,235, Level: 35 Points: 3,235, Level: 35
Level Up 24% Completed
Level up: 24% Level up: 24% Level up: 24%
Forum Activity 28%
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwetmore View Post
I found this happening on my black hatchback on the rear passenger side, doesn't seem huge yet but there is some wear. I have to take it in on Friday for 12b37 and 12s29 and an oil change, so this will get added to the list.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kxweil38 View Post
I noticed this on my passanger side this evening. I have heard of 12b37, but not 12s29. What is that?...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodge Podge View Post
Wiper motor recall...

More specifically, "PASSENGER SIDE WIPER MOTOR ELECTRICAL CONNECTOR INSPECTION AND REPAIR"

Some details can be found here: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=284025

Cheers
I'd like to escalate this with the Customer Service Manager of your regions; please PM me your VIN, mileage, contact info, and dealer city/state. He/she will be able to coordinate with you and your dealer on necessary repairs. Thanks for jumping in on the 12S29 details, Hodge Podge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdrage View Post
I got my car back last night. They put a new tail light on, but they still had to play with compression clips to make it fit perfect. Paint scratch is gone. Im happy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigsfocus View Post
So I took my car in last Monday and just got it back today...Its fixed and I got my Focus back. ...
It's back in your beloved arms! Remember, good things come to those who wait. This link will come in handy for routine maintenance: http://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conten...iceCouponsPage. Please keep an eye on this area from time to time; I can be reached by PM if you need anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agscali View Post
My car has the same exact paint chip on the same place!!!!!

Ford dealership will be transporting my car to a body shop to get it fixed.

Does anybody have white spots that look like the paint is chipping off on their hood??
Quote:
They will also check out the speakers? Mine is starting to rattle but on the passenger side..
Quote:
Can you send me the link of where i can purchase it? I have some of those 'rock chips' on the side of the car...
Quote:
And all this is covered under the warantee or extended service plan...right?...
Quote:
...I should probably go ahead and get help from the ford peeps on here since my local dealership can't seem to coordinate anything. Its frustrating, having to go back several times to get things fixed :/
Totally agree with you! Please PM me your VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealer information; I'll loop in your area's Customer Service Manager. Your dealer is the best party to advise you on warranty coverage. They can also look into your speakers and parts availability; just make sure you mention this to them. Remember to visit our official parts site for more details too: http://www.fordparts.com/.

Thomas

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2012, 07:55 PM   #132
agscali
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99552
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 agscali Good Standing Member
Totally agree with you! Please PM me your VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealer information; I'll loop in your area's Customer Service Manager. Your dealer is the best party to advise you on warranty coverage. They can also look into your speakers and parts availability; just make sure you mention this to them. Remember to visit our official parts site for more details too: http://www.fordparts.com/.

Thomas[/QUOTE]

I have sent you a message!!
Old 08-30-2012, 12:52 PM   #133
jerry1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94735
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti w/ MT & Alloy Wheels

FF Reputation: 1 jerry1 Good Standing Member
I took mine in about 3 months ago for this and a few other things. Most things, including this went unresolved so I pulled the light yesterday to fix it myself and I now have paint damage so back to the dealer it goes. Yippie!

Also being an engineer, I must agree with a previous post that there is no adjustment available. The post pin in the front must be tightened on the light or it could come loose. It's not an adjustment pin.

I added washers as spacers to provide a gap between the light and car. I added one on the front post pin by removing pin, adding washer and re-installing pin. I also added washers between the light and the foam washers on each threaded mounting post (the threaded posts that you screw the plastic nuts onto from inside the hatch area.)

The trick is finding the washer sizes that work for inside diameter, outside diameter and thickness. Mine worked great using 1 cheapo washer from home depot for each location. (the post with the big, oblong foam washer needs 2 due to its surface area). If u try this, u will see what I mean.

Now I need to address paint damage. Crap!!!
Old 09-01-2012, 03:01 PM   #134
nosmokingbandit
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 66954
What I Drive: '12 SE 5-Door, Candy Red

Points 984, Level 16
Points: 984, Level: 16 Points: 984, Level: 16 Points: 984, Level: 16
Level Up 84% Completed
Level up: 84% Level up: 84% Level up: 84%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 3 nosmokingbandit Good Standing Member
Just saw this issue on my 2012. I'll be calling my dealer tuesday (stupid holiday weekend). The paint is clearly chipping off, so I'm hoping they can repait that and blend it in fairly well.
Old 09-15-2012, 07:42 PM   #135
nosmokingbandit
Focus Enthusiast

Points 984, Level 16
Level Up 84% Completed
Forum Activity 1%
So i'm kind of pissed...

I called my dealer and they set up an appointment to take pics of the paint to send to ford. The next day they called and told me they go the thumbs up from Ford so I can take my car to the body shop down the road and they'll take care of it. I find that the body shop wanted to repaint the whole panel, which seems incredibly stupid and wasteful. So I call my dealer back and the service guy said he can take care of the touch up in their shop and adjust the light fixture accordingly, I'd just have to leave it there all day so he can layer the touchup paint on and wet-sand it smooth several times. Great!

I drop it off wednesday (sept 5th) and pick it up the following evening. I don't have a chance to look at it until today (my mother had pretty serious neck surgery so I've been helper her out as much as possible). So today I go check it out. The paint looks kind of rough, but I'm not concerned about that, I just wanted it protected again. I notice the light assembly is still rubbing up against the paint. I guess the service guy didn't want to bother with that...

So I take the tail light off (which takes a little more force than the owner's manual implies) and I see that the service guy didn't even take the light off to touch up the paint. So not only did he half-ass fixing it, he completely ignored the cause of the problem. I put a washer on the metal pin that snaps into the body to space it out and now it doesn't rub. Took me more time to find a washer the right size than it did to actually install it.

I noticed that the damage is much worse than I initially thought, but of course the service guy didn't notice that because he was too lazy to take the light off of my car.

I'm really disappointed and really pissed. This is the first new car I've ever had, and consequently the only one with a warranty, and to have someone "fix" it like this is outrageous. I don't expect much from people, but I expect them to do their flipping job...

So all of that to get to this... If I take it to a different dealer than I bought it from, will they fix the problem that the first dealer didn't? I'm not familiar with warranty work at all, so I don't really know what the rules are for multiple fixes on the same problem.

And of course, the pics.
The pic with the tail light on the car is before it was "fixed"

Old 09-15-2012, 09:01 PM   #136
hand-filer
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90895
What I Drive: One less Ford

FF Reputation: 1 hand-filer Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosmokingbandit View Post
So i'm kind of pissed...
I'd be extremely pissed. Take it back and raise supreme stink about it.
I'd give them one last chance to make good on it.
Old 09-15-2012, 09:38 PM   #137
nosmokingbandit
Focus Enthusiast

Points 984, Level 16
Level Up 84% Completed
Forum Activity 1%
Nope. They get one chance. They will not be touching my car ever again. Nor will they sell me a car ever again (we've bought there several times in the past). I expect someone to do their job correctly the first time instead of half-assing it and hoping nobody notices. The first time you do a job shows your work ethic. The second time you do it shows your ability to cover your own ass.

Unless I can't take it to a different dealer (like I said, I know nothing about warranty work). Then I'll talk to them about the terrible job. I'm not one to get wound up until absolutely necessary. I'll let them know Ryan did a terrible job and I want someone who doesn't suck to work on it this time. I work in a very service-oriented job, and nobody responds well to being screamed at, its only an option when being polite has failed.
Old 09-15-2012, 09:57 PM   #138
Besbro
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102785
What I Drive: 2012, black SE Sport

FF Reputation: 1 Besbro Good Standing Member
I have the same issue. I took the assembly off, used my dremal to sand/grind a 1/16 off where it was rubbing, touched up the paint, and I'm good to go. I will mention it to my dealer but I'm glad it's fixed.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:42 AM   #139
nosmokingbandit
Focus Enthusiast

Points 984, Level 16
Level Up 84% Completed
Forum Activity 1%
My main concern is the damaged paint. I don't want that to continue to flake off now that the topcoat is broken, and I wan't to make sure that no damage happens to the primer that would cause it to rust years from now.

I'm really disappointed that a dealer would do such an awful job. I'm not an idiot, I will notice if its not fixed...

I'm going to cal them monday and see what we can do. Wish me luck.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:34 PM   #140
HuskerFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100149
What I Drive: 2012, Ingot Silver, SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 HuskerFocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by hand-filer View Post
I'd be extremely pissed. Take it back and raise supreme stink about it.
I'd give them one last chance to make good on it.
I'd be up their a** until they got it right... I'd only be nice the first and maybe second time. Then ... progressively a bigger jerk if they're going to assume I'm an idiot.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.