2012 5-Door tail lamp scratching body - Page 13 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-06-2012, 07:23 PM   #121
craigsfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97985
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SE

FF Reputation: 6 craigsfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
So I took my car in last Monday and just got it back today. Couldn't believe how long it took for them to fix the scratch and the rock chip in the hood that took the paint down to the metal (different story, different warranty). Its fixed and I got my Focus back.

Ironically, they gave me a Race Red Ford Fiesta (my car is Race Red) as a Rental. I almost pulled the trigger on a Fiesta when I was looking. I didn't care for the Fiesta, so it made me glad I made the right decision and spent a little more $$$ and got a Focus.

Active Duty US Army. MOS 91E (Machinist). OEF Vet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2012, 09:05 PM   #122
agscali
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99552
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 agscali Good Standing Member
My car has the same exact paint chip on the same place!!!!!

Ford dealership will be transporting my car to a body shop to get it fixed.

Does anybody have white spots that look like the paint is chipping off on their hood??
Old 08-06-2012, 09:07 PM   #123
agscali
Focus Rookie

I said the exact same thing. I got a fiesta as a rental car....it was horrible
Old 08-06-2012, 09:16 PM   #124
craigsfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by agscali View Post
My car has the same exact paint chip on the same place!!!!!

Ford dealership will be transporting my car to a body shop to get it fixed.

Does anybody have white spots that look like the paint is chipping off on their hood??
I don't have the chips, those may be little rock chips. Thats why I purchased a Clear Bra, plus the Clear Bra came with a Warranty against rock chips, which is why my rock chip was fixed for free and the clear bra re-applied.

Quote:
I said the exact same thing. I got a fiesta as a rental car....it was horrible
Its not the worst car I have driven. Its an affordable compact car. For the price range it is an exceptionally quiet car, I was surprised. A Corolla or Sentra are miserable little cars, their practically appliances.

Active Duty US Army. MOS 91E (Machinist). OEF Vet.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:25 PM   #125
agscali
Focus Rookie

They will also check out the speakers? Mine is starting to rattle but on the passenger side..
Old 08-06-2012, 09:28 PM   #126
agscali
Focus Rookie

Can you send me the link of where i can purchase it? I have some of those 'rock chips' on the side of the car...which is awkward...dont you think?
Old 08-06-2012, 09:28 PM   #127
craigsfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
They will also check out the speakers? Mine is starting to rattle but on the passenger side..
They will if you ask them to. It might not be the speaker though. It might be the little red reflector on the edge of the door. Thats what it is on mine, I tested it when I was sitting at a red light, listening to my loud music, when I heard the rattle I reach over and lightly push on the little red reflector and it stopped.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:36 PM   #128
agscali
Focus Rookie

And all this is covered under the warantee or extended service plan...right? Ive had bad experiences with ford dealerships.
I will have to check it out tomorrow to see if its that.

You've been helpful!!!! :-)
Old 08-06-2012, 09:54 PM   #129
craigsfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
And all this is covered under the warantee or extended service plan...right? Ive had bad experiences with ford dealerships.
I will have to check it out tomorrow to see if its that.

You've been helpful!!!! :-)
The door rattle and tail light scratching the body are covered under the Warranty. If the dealership says, "Wow, we have never heard of this problem.", Get them on a computer and show them this thread. If they won't perform the work for some reason, then get a hold of FordCustomerService on this forum and they will take care of you.

Quote:
Can you send me the link of where i can purchase it? I have some of those 'rock chips' on the side of the car...which is awkward...dont you think?
My Clear Bra was purchased at the dealership when I bought my Focus. The clear bra that is on my car is the spray on type, I believe PPG makes it. It does have a clear line on the hood but you have to get close to see it. 3M makes a Clear Bra that looks and works great too its a urethane film instead of a spray on. Check with your Dealer to see if they stock the PPG Clear Bra too, its strong stuff. Mine failed because the rock that hit my car was about the size of a half dollar and I was doing 75 MPH when the car that kicked the rock up. I was listening to my loud music when it happened and I heard that rock hit and saw it barely fly over and miss my windshield. If it wasn't for the clear bra, there would have been a considerable amount of paint damage.

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3..._the_Consumer/

Here is someone in your area that does the install.
http://valleyclearbra.com/Contact_Us.html
Old 08-06-2012, 10:16 PM   #130
agscali
Focus Rookie

I live in Georgia, not California, lol. I will seriously look into it. Do you know approximately how much it cost to get is sprayed on??
I have several specs on the hood and they are really small...so its questionable if the hood could've been hit by rocks.

I should probably go ahead and get help from the ford peeps on here since my local dealership can't seem to coordinate anything. Its frustrating, having to go back several times to get things fixed :/

Bookmarks & Social Networks