eagle_eye735's 05 zx3 build/mod thread - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom

Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom Post pictures and information of your Focus being built or your car images here. We want to see your Focus! More Images: Visit Our Online Ford Focus Gallery

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-05-2012, 08:53 PM   #11
eagle_eye735
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90674
What I Drive: 2005 ZX3, 1999 Triumph Sprint ST

FF Reputation: 2 eagle_eye735 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Updates! Haha, with lots of pictures! First up: shorty antenna, cost $0.

Then on to project paint all the plastic things under the hood!

Intake wasn't shiny enough:
Before:

After:

Last but not least (well maybe): El' cheapo front strut brace
I took it for a drive and could notice a difference so it was worth the $20 I paid for it (for the $20 I got 3 cupholder inserts and a stock rear swaybar along with it too, go buy them from me). Ohh and the fuse box got painted red instead of the copper color it was. Now I just want to find a way to get my battery cover back on under the strut bar ( hacksaw?) or some kind of battery strap to hold the battery more secure.

Almost done are these stair tread sill plates that I made. These will be going on soon.

Also I took my girlfriend out on the back roads to teach her how to drive a manual. She brought her camera so I should have some good pics up soon.

Next weekend I will be tinting my fog lights yellow, hopefully painting my headlights, installing mudflaps (which will have plentiful amounts of mud on them)and making a suede e-brake boot to match my shift boot.

Not too exciting of stuff so far, mostly cosmetic. I'll be leaving for school in a few weeks and up there I don't have a garage or tools to use so this thread will be pretty dead. However come May I have some bigger performance plans. My goal is to continue racing autox in the STF class. So in order to stay in this class I can't go FI and can't change engine internals. That leaves me with a race exaust header and suspension/brake upgrades. My plan right now is as follows: Larger rear sway bar, rear shock tower bar, SVT shocks,struts and bump stops, CFM dogbone engine mount, Prothane full suspension bushing kit, cross drilled and slotted front rotors, and stainless steel brake lines. Those are my plans so far, any suggestions?

Also, anybody have a degas cover they want to sell??? I want one.
Hatch Nation #162
2005 Sonic Blue ZX3 SES
|K&N Typhoon CAI|Magnaflow Catback Exhaust|Megan Racing Springs|Front Strut Brace|SVT 21mm Rear Sway Bar|Prothane Bushings and Endlinks|Steeda STS|

Bookmarks & Social Networks