Mods on the new ST - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus ST > Focus ST EcoBoost Performance (2013-Current)

Focus ST EcoBoost Performance (2013-Current) The place to chat about the 2.0L EcoBoost engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-04-2012, 10:16 AM   #11
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
I wouldnt touch the ST till tuning software comes out , Question is will it come out

The M3 has the same issue , there is places that claim to tune the M3 but its a band-aid at best , there is no proper tuning for the M3 , the ST is basicly the M3 in a Focus , will be interesting to see what happens

Me , I am going to wait for the RS , if no tuning is out by then I wont buy it

Ford has the bility to release tuning for these cars , it would be worth millons if not billons to Ford to sell something like the SCT PRP to customers wanting to tune there cars , release the software by VIN # they Ford knows to void your warranty if still under warranty
I have always felt is stupid that Ford sells parts (all manufactors ) and dont have a way to tune the cars for the parts added

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2012, 11:11 AM   #12
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

FF Reputation: 54 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
I wouldnt touch the ST till tuning software comes out , Question is will it come out

The M3 has the same issue , there is places that claim to tune the M3 but its a band-aid at best , there is no proper tuning for the M3 , the ST is basicly the M3 in a Focus , will be interesting to see what happens

Ford has the bility to release tuning for these cars , it would be worth millons if not billons to Ford to sell something like the SCT PRP to customers wanting to tune there cars , release the software by VIN # they Ford knows to void your warranty if still under warranty
I have always felt is stupid that Ford sells parts (all manufactors ) and dont have a way to tune the cars for the parts added

Tom
100% get that ^^^^^. As far as M3 are you refuring to the Mazda speed3 or BMW's M3? Sorry. I do know Bmw is a real bitch to tune. I know one place in Redmond, wa. thou. RS is the way to go.
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
Old 08-04-2012, 03:24 PM   #13
hEaT
Focus Addict

Fan#: 20699
What I Drive: 2013 Oxford White Focus ST

FF Reputation: 11 hEaT Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Cobb will be working on cracking the ECU shortly. A few of the employees are picking up an ST and the shop is as well.

For mods after having driven one, short throw shifter, lower motor mount (MS3 mount IIRC is the same) and K&N drop-in filter.
ZETEC Crew #49

Quote:
Originally posted by DrkKnight614
......hmm if that works then if i put a spinner on my butt hole and rip one will i be able to run faster. ...idiots
Old 08-04-2012, 04:24 PM   #14
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Mazda speed 3

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 08-04-2012, 06:02 PM   #15
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Mazda speed 3

Tom
Isn't the motor in the Focus different than the mzr in the mazda? Or do they use the bottom end of the mzr & uses a head w/ the exhaust manifold integral w/ the head, as the intake is to the ISB Cummins motor? I'm not familiar w/ the new D-tech motors. Or is this a new Ford designed motor? Could you tell us about it? Is the intake part of the head for faster turbo spool up? Or emmissions? Or both? And maybe someone can carve off the manifold & come up w/ a great equal lenght piece, & that opens up the door for different turbos too.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:48 PM   #16
SVTF4243
Focus Addict

Fan#: 4068
What I Drive: SVT 2002

FF Reputation: 11 SVTF4243 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixthecat View Post
...the intake part of the head for faster turbo spool up? Or emmissions? Or both?
I believe it's the exhaust manifold that integrated with the head.
Interesting bit of heat exchange.
SHOW :: Lights tint | Calipers Painted| Graphite colored wheels| Back up Cam | Window Tint
Old 08-04-2012, 09:24 PM   #17
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTF4243 View Post
I believe it's the exhaust manifold that integrated with the head.
>>>>>Interesting bit of heat exchange.
<<<<

Thats right^^^ Thats what I said in my 1st sentence. Sure is like you said. Wonder how the lower end is as far as similar to the mzr motors. I'd say that for emmisions.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:49 AM   #18
jamminsvt
Focus Addict

Fan#: 61360
What I Drive: 2002 Infra-Red SVT

FF Reputation: 2 jamminsvt Good Standing Member
Quote:

Tom
I agree completely. Also, if the RS is not available as a 3-dr hatch I won't be buying one.
#783 of 4788
SVTOA Member
MCA Member
"Government is not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem." Ronald Reagan
Old 08-06-2012, 11:20 AM   #19
Magus2727
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 62897
What I Drive: 2001 Malibu Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 9 Magus2727 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Don't the rumors point to a different motor for the RS version though, a 2.3L eco boost that's going in the Mustangs? Guess it would be the same motor family possibly so ECU tuning would be similar?
Hatch Nation #42

Going through Rebuild See "The TICK Build Thread" for details (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289168&referrerid=62897)
Old 08-06-2012, 04:26 PM   #20
bball40dtw
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85847
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti and 2013 C-Max SE

FF Reputation: 1 bball40dtw Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus2727 View Post
Don't the rumors point to a different motor for the RS version though, a 2.3L eco boost that's going in the Mustangs? Guess it would be the same motor family possibly so ECU tuning would be similar?
The ECU tuning is different for the VW FSI and TSI 2.0T engines. I don't know how similar the tuning would be for a 2.0T and 2.3T Foci. The 2.3T in the US is currently a wet dream at best. The lack of aftermarket support for the Focus is awful.

The best news for the Focus, EVER!, would be the Mustang having a related engine. That is where are the aftermarket Ford tuning dollars go. I also worry about tuning the 2.0T Ecoboost because Ford seems to think that the ST is taking the engine as far as it can reasonably go. The superchips ECU tuning in Europe takes the 200 HP version of the 2.0 Ecoboost to 240 HP. I haven't seen any ECU flashes for the Edge/Taurus/Explorer/Escape.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->