Lemon Law - Page 3 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-03-2012, 05:48 AM   #21
forceflow2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89089
What I Drive: 2013 Mustang GHIG V6 Premium

FF Reputation: 1 forceflow2 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns098356GX View Post
I think most people that are still complaining havent had their updates.
My transmission had the updates and works fine now.
My MFT had the updates and is fine.

Also, people love to complain.
Wrong on the first one, right on the last.
Reacquired by Ford under Lemon Law 01/16/13.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2012, 07:52 AM   #22
xpartmgr
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96709
What I Drive: 2012 White Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 xpartmgr Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Ford Blue View Post
Dude I was just trying to help, no need to get snippy.

When ford bought back my 2K focus, it took me 2 and 1/2 years to get them to do it. I believe it was mostly because I finally got a lawyer involved. Under Ohio's lemon law I did not qualify, I had the car too long. All I was trying to do is inform you to make sure you have all your ducks in a row before you try. Believe me, Ford, GM, and Chrysler deal with lemon law cases on a daily basis and they are good at it. If you go against them unarmed and with no lawyer, you will likely lose.
Maybe, but since it goes through arbitration first and the arbitration is binding for the manufacturer but not for the consumer, I figure why not see what happens.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:53 AM   #23
xpartmgr
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by forceflow2 View Post
If you have supporting paperwork it shouldn't be too terribly hard. That's one of the issues I am running into, my dealership tends to not give me paperwork, despite being legally required to. When it was out for 2 weeks due to the steering TSB (wobble, which isn't as bad, but is still there) it took over a month to get them to actually give me anything stating they had done any work. I've pretty much just stopped taking it in since it doesn't help and just seems to waste my time.

They did get me to bring it in this Monday because they stated they had a "pile of parts" for me. When I asked what they were they said they didn't know except for a seat rail, but that it should be for all my outstanding issues. Turned out to be a seat rail and a new button for the cruise control (not sure how that's a "pile of parts"). I had the car in for those things more than a month ago. I asked them about some of the other issues and they said they'd ordered some more stuff so if I don't hear from them, I should give them a call in two weeks. Currently balancing my desire to hit 30 days with my need to have a car.
Yeah when you keep dropping it off and it comes back the same you get frustrated. Good luck.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:56 AM   #24
xpartmgr
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon View Post
To the OP:

Have you driven a 2012 with an automatic that you are happy with?
Yes I had a 2012 loaner with the DCT for 3 weeks while mine was in the shop. It drove very well. The steering was still pretty weird, but not as bad as mine. So I know how it should drive. I think that is one reason I keep pressing to get mine fixed. The loaner did not have the bells and whistles that are a major problem for my Titanium. So I can only say the DCT worked well, the remainder of my problems I could not verify.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:57 AM   #25
xpartmgr
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
How did that car spend over a month in the shop? Most of those things listed were either simple recalls they can do in an hour, or MFT problems.

Seems fishy.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using FF Mobile
Yeah I was shocked also. It would go in for something that you would expect to take little time, but the dealer would have it days. They replaced the body control module and that was an entire week!
Old 08-03-2012, 08:00 AM   #26
xpartmgr
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_mclaren View Post
Some cars just have loud road noise and suspensions. Nothing can be done it's just the way they are made. A 5 speed would fix the trans problems and tires are probably causing the front end vibration.
This is not a road noise problem. The car is quite on the hwy. The suspension has been fixed. I did have the clunking noise, but the TSB fixed that problem.

The front end does not vibrate. It wobbles left and right at hwy speeds. The steering wheel does not move, but the car moves a lot. Very unnerving.

Could be the tires, but Ford sold me the car with those tires, so they need to fix the issue. It should not be on me to figure out why the car they designed and sold does weird stuff.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:01 AM   #27
wilsonfocus86
Focus Addict

Fan#: 23099
What I Drive: 14 Fusion 2.0

FF Reputation: 3 wilsonfocus86 Good Standing Member
Have you been taking it to the same dealer all this time?
Old 08-03-2012, 08:01 AM   #28
xpartmgr
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
I think most people that are still complaining havent had their updates.
My transmission had the updates and works fine now.
My MFT had the updates and is fine.

Also, people love to complain.
I have had all updates. I am pleased to hear the updates fixed your car. For many of us, sadly it did not. The WFT is a POS and not a day goes by that it has zero problems. Very unstable!
Old 08-03-2012, 08:03 AM   #29
xpartmgr
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonfocus86 View Post
Have you been taking it to the same dealer all this time?
No, Ford got involved and has had me switch to a new dealer. Half the time was at one dealer and the other half at the other. Both dealers have tried to fix stuff, but many of the issues and software related.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:41 AM   #30
jagreene
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 102678
What I Drive: 2012, Kona Blue, Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 jagreene Good Standing Member
Same problems

I have a 2012 Focus SE and I have almost every problem you have listed. I have been in contact with corporate Ford and the dealer numerous times and none are willing to help or even acknowledge the problems. I have been given a handout with almost all of our complaints listed and was told this is how the car operates "normally". If I were you I would definitely pursue the lemon law. From the research I've done you should have a case. Unfortunately for me I brought the car in for these problems twenty days after my one year mark had passed, (I don't drive it all that much), so I can't file under the lemon law.

Keep me updated. I am at a loss as to what I can do in my situation at this time.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.