TSB 12-02-17 - Steering issue - New TSB? - Page 20 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-30-2012, 06:42 PM   #191
kjl2012
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97883
What I Drive: 2012 se black

Points 81, Level 1
Points: 81, Level: 1 Points: 81, Level: 1 Points: 81, Level: 1
Level Up 62% Completed
Level up: 62% Level up: 62% Level up: 62%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 kjl2012 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul21 View Post
Well I've had the earlier TSB applied in December, and I want to verify my symptoms with anyone else who has had this corrected, since my problem has come back.

Typically around 55+ in a straight line, the steering gets stiffer. There is about 1/2 inch of play in the steering wheel where nothing happens and the steering is very light, and then it requires a decent amount of force, though still one handed but not one fingered, to break past the deadband. If the speed is 55+ on a curvy road, the steering is much lighter and the deadband isn't noticeable.
Had my tsb done in june worked great. And now its right back the way it was i give up ill have to get use to it.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2012, 06:36 AM   #192
Pennut
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91326
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SE Hatchback

Points 1,428, Level 21
Points: 1,428, Level: 21 Points: 1,428, Level: 21 Points: 1,428, Level: 21
Level Up 28% Completed
Level up: 28% Level up: 28% Level up: 28%
Forum Activity 8%
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%
FF Reputation: 5 Pennut Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Guy From NY View Post
Well I am pissed.

I have the unfortunate problem of my dealer's service department being in the process of moving to another location. Supposedly they were going to get the parts in 1 week (which seems ridiculously fast after reading this thread), so I called today and they do not know if the parts are in or not because they have not been inventoried yet because they are still moving locations. It may take 7-10 days for them to figure it out. Even then, the parts may not be in.

Now it's just a waiting game. I am going on a road trip on August 21st and I NEED my car for it. I really do not want to drive it with this bullshit issue.
I hear ya. I was going on a roadtrip August 19th. I just called the dealer yesterday and they still don't have my parts.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:10 PM   #193
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,284, Level 35
Points: 3,284, Level: 35 Points: 3,284, Level: 35 Points: 3,284, Level: 35
Level Up 56% Completed
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Forum Activity 18%
Activity: 18% Activity: 18% Activity: 18%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzrfun View Post
The EPAS is far more complex then conventional or hydraulic assist steering. This system now involves sensors, computers, and software in addition to the the mechanical system...

Take a look at this description of Ford's EPAS system:

http://media.ford.com/images/10031/EPAS.pdf...
Thanks for including this link!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennut View Post
Took my Focus in on 7/2 and was told the parts would be in in about 5 days. They still haven't called me over 3 weeks later. Starting to get a bit ticked off now.
If you'd like, please PM me your VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealer info; I'll forward these details to your region's Customer Service Manager. He/she will coordinate with your dealer on this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer2K View Post
I recieved a call this afternoon notifying me that the parts have now made it to the dealership. I am on schedule to pick up my car tomorrow afternoon, which will have been 15 days since dropping it off.

It's just that there is such a shortage of parts required to address this TSB. Hopefully they're fast tracking the parts at Ford.
We expedite the shipment of all replacement parts as quickly as possible. How's your car handling now?

Quote:
Well I am pissed.

I have the unfortunate problem of my dealer's service department being in the process of moving to another location. Supposedly they were going to get the parts in 1 week (which seems ridiculously fast after reading this thread), so I called today and they do not know if the parts are in or not because they have not been inventoried yet because they are still moving locations. It may take 7-10 days for them to figure it out. Even then, the parts may not be in...
If time is a concern, have you considered getting the repairs done at another dealer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjl2012 View Post
Had my tsb done in june worked great. And now its right back the way it was i give up ill have to get use to it.
If you haven't talked to your dealer or CSM about this, please PM me your VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealer info. I'll forward all appropriate details to the right contact.

- Thomas

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 07-31-2012, 06:19 PM   #194
Some Guy From NY
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101517
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL sedan DCT

FF Reputation: 3 Some Guy From NY Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
If time is a concern, have you considered getting the repairs done at another dealer?

- Thomas
I think it is too late for that. Parts were already ordered through this dealership, not to mention they already looked at the car and know what the deal is. I will just have to ride it out and see what happens. I plan on calling again on Friday to see if any progress has been made in locating the parts.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:00 PM   #195
Kramer2K
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99894
What I Drive: 2012 White SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Kramer2K Good Standing Member
Quote:
We expedite the shipment of all replacement parts as quickly as possible. How's your car handling now?

- Thomas
My car wasn't ready today. We're now going with tomorrow as the completion date of repairs. I sure miss my Focus. But having it done right is the most important thing to me. It's not something I'd like to see rushed.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:56 AM   #196
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Points 3,284, Level 35
Level Up 56% Completed
Forum Activity 18%
Quote:
I think it is too late for that. Parts were already ordered through this dealership, not to mention they already looked at the car and know what the deal is. I will just have to ride it out and see what happens. I plan on calling again on Friday to see if any progress has been made in locating the parts.
I see you're riding it out with style! Remember, I'm just a PM away.

Quote:
My car wasn't ready today. We're now going with tomorrow as the completion date of repairs. I sure miss my Focus. But having it done right is the most important thing to me. It's not something I'd like to see rushed.
Since you miss it, grab this badge to bring back sweet memories: http://social.ford.com/grab-a-badge/focus/yes/. Please let me know when it's all set.

- Thomas

Old 08-02-2012, 08:44 AM   #197
Kramer2K
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99894
What I Drive: 2012 White SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Kramer2K Good Standing Member
Quote:
Please let me know when it's all set.

- Thomas
I got my car back yesterday and it's good to be back in my Focus. Everything appears to drive good. I won't know for sure until I can take it on an extended drive. Thanks for all your help Thomas.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:21 PM   #198
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Points 3,284, Level 35
Level Up 56% Completed
Forum Activity 18%
Quote:
I got my car back yesterday and it's good to be back in my Focus. Everything appears to drive good. I won't know for sure until I can take it on an extended drive. Thanks for all your help Thomas.
You're welcome; it's always good to be back! Let me know if your Focus is in "full effect" too.

Thomas

Old 08-03-2012, 02:00 AM   #199
Bostlaw
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 98237
What I Drive: 2012 Focus hatchback

Points 5, Level 1
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Level Up 9% Completed
Level up: 9% Level up: 9% Level up: 9%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Bostlaw Good Standing Member
Anyone know how long the backorder for parts for this TSB is currently? My 2012 SE had a defective strut replaced during its first week of ownership back in May...The steering remained funky (exactly as described by many here)...the dealership looked at the car again on June 11 and said they ordered parts for the TSB...Despite my best efforts, I couldn't get a return phone call from the dealership regarding the status for 5 weeks...When I finally got someone to pay attention, I was told that a "computer glitch" resulted in there being no indication that parts were ever ordered...then I was asked what parts should have been ordered (it's almost funny in retrospect)...After getting through all that, I was told that the parts were backordered and that Ford wasn't even giving approximate delivery dates...It's now been 7 weeks since I was told that the steering components needed to be replaced per the TSB...and at least two weeks since parts were supposedly ordered for the "second time"... Hence, I'm looking for some idea as to the length of backorder independent of what the dealership tells me (I might be just a bit skeptical at this point)... Any responses appreciated... Thanks
Old 08-03-2012, 06:42 AM   #200
SlotTech
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89111
What I Drive: 2012, Ignot Silver, SEL Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 SlotTech Good Standing Member
I just had this TSB done on Tuesday, the dealer I went to received the parts overnight.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.