DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread - Page 140 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-06-2012, 08:33 AM   #1391
tjbjday
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 101793
What I Drive: 2012 Sea Green Focus

FF Reputation: 1 tjbjday Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Yes it is paired and it is not an iphone. One phone is a Blackberry and the other is a Motorola Citrus. The voice quality is OK for regular phone calls. The Sync calls always cut off the first word, such as connecting. When we get connected, I hear the system OK, such as What service do you want, but when I say directions, for example, it often does not understand until a SHOUT at it. Then, when we say the address it often does not understand and we have to say operator. When the operator comes on they say did you want ......... , so they already know before we say anything. I get the same results with either phone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2012, 07:44 PM   #1392
RFrench6646
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 101073
What I Drive: 2012 SEL Sonic Blue, Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 RFrench6646 Good Standing Member
OK, Haven't checked in in a while, but have been reading the furthering threads of the DCT issues, as I am really trying to learn and understand this technology. I am now at 5700+ miles on my May build 2012 hatch. With no adjusting done to date, I can now say mine has completely smoothed out. I have ZERO shuddering on a red light roll-off. The shifts are about 95% perfect. I say 95% because every now and again, in traffic, if I am starting off from a red light, and it's shifting up from 1-2, 2-3 etc. If somebody in front of me slows up, and I have to also, it does seem to "confuse" the logic. Sometimes downshifting, sometimes not, causing the engine to "lug" a little. I simply slap it in to "s" and pick the gear myself (I have a brain too!). Other than this, I absolutely love this car! I pray that those of you still frustrated by the quirks, rattles, etc. Can get Ford to resolve your issues. The thing does work, they just need to find out why some don't, AND SOON!!!
Old 08-06-2012, 11:48 PM   #1393
oritpro
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96148
What I Drive: 2012 Subaru Impreza Sport Limited

FF Reputation: 2 oritpro Good Standing Member
One thing I've noticed is that the DCT in my Focus does not like it when the outside air temp gets over 90F degrees. It bucks and lurches like it's binding or stuck in high gear and almost kills the engine.

The conditions are always the same:
1. Outside air temp 90F+.
2. A/C is on.
3. I've been cruising the highway at speed for about 10-miles.
4. Traffic drops to a crawl for about three miles, around 5-10 MPH.

It happened today, I thought the car was going to die and leave me stranded on a jam packed freeway in 95F heat.

I put the DCT in neutral then sport shift mode for a mile which helped, but it was very hard to maintain speed going 5MPH in 1st gear. It was like somebody was pumping the clutch. After a couple miles it got a little better but it made the drive home a real chore today.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:18 AM   #1394
tjbjday
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 101793
What I Drive: 2012 Sea Green Focus

FF Reputation: 1 tjbjday Good Standing Member
Glad to hear a success story! Hope springs eternal! As I said, since my upgrade, I seem to be improving. I still lug going up my steep drive. As you said, if I would use S I would not have a problem. I would just like it to work without having to use my brain!
Old 08-08-2012, 04:59 PM   #1395
RFrench6646
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by oritpro View Post
One thing I've noticed is that the DCT in my Focus does not like it when the outside air temp gets over 90F degrees. It bucks and lurches like it's binding or stuck in high gear and almost kills the engine.

The conditions are always the same:
1. Outside air temp 90F+.
2. A/C is on.
3. I've been cruising the highway at speed for about 10-miles.
4. Traffic drops to a crawl for about three miles, around 5-10 MPH.

It happened today, I thought the car was going to die and leave me stranded on a jam packed freeway in 95F heat.

I put the DCT in neutral then sport shift mode for a mile which helped, but it was very hard to maintain speed going 5MPH in 1st gear. It was like somebody was pumping the clutch. After a couple miles it got a little better but it made the drive home a real chore today.
When mine was shuddering, I too noted that it only happened once it got hot. Never noticed it when I first started the car, or when it was night, or early morning.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:25 AM   #1396
bball40dtw
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85847
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti and 2013 C-Max SE

FF Reputation: 1 bball40dtw Good Standing Member
I just got my Focus back from the dealership. The trans was slipping and the car was shuddering. I've had the TSB reflash of the transmission. Here is the description of the work done:

23001 WARR, CC D8CP 7052 Road test inspect driveline found dual clutch slipping due to leak at bellhousing. Check oasis for tsb's and ssm's found TSB 11-12-13. Remove trans and install new input shaft seals and new dual clutch. Perfrom adaptive learning and reroad test operation 111213A. Time 6.5 HRS

The parts to fix included:

2 seal assemblies
Clutch assembly/dual clutch packs
Various nuts and bearings

So far so good. The car is also getting better MPGs, but its probably to know for sure.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:02 PM   #1397
RFrench6646
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bball40dtw View Post
I just got my Focus back from the dealership. The trans was slipping and the car was shuddering. I've had the TSB reflash of the transmission. Here is the description of the work done:

23001 WARR, CC D8CP 7052 Road test inspect driveline found dual clutch slipping due to leak at bellhousing. Check oasis for tsb's and ssm's found TSB 11-12-13. Remove trans and install new input shaft seals and new dual clutch. Perfrom adaptive learning and reroad test operation 111213A. Time 6.5 HRS

2 seal assemblies

So far so good. The car is also getting better MPGs, but its probably to know for sure.
Man! I hope that solves the problem. I'm saving this info Just In Case
Old 08-10-2012, 03:16 PM   #1398
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by bball40dtw View Post

2 seal assemblies

What is the build date of your car? Scary.. How would anyone know if they need the same TSB performed? Maybe my car doesn't shudder like yours but ive got seals leaking and my clutches are slipping some and expected only to get worse.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:49 PM   #1399
bball40dtw
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85847
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti and 2013 C-Max SE

FF Reputation: 1 bball40dtw Good Standing Member
My build date was in May of 2011. It sounds like the only way you can find out if you need the TSB done is go to the dealer, have them inspect the transmission, and have them do a road test. I have nothing but good things to say about the dealership I go to, and I was very suprised the clutch(es) had to be replaced at 23,000 miles.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:12 PM   #1400
rp3583
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102478
What I Drive: 2012, white, focus sel

FF Reputation: 1 rp3583 Good Standing Member
Transmission problems

Just wanted to add that I am also having transmission issues. Just bought last weekend, build date 07/12, and transmission is horrible. It does not move at all from a stop and slams into first gear, between first and second there's nothing until it slams into gear once again, then shakes its way into third. Sport mode only helps the situation temporarily, until it too has similar problems. Highway driving is actually pretty good. I've read many posts here about the "break in" period, and understand that this is a non-standard transmission, but this cant be good for the transmission at all. I'm seriously worried about this impacting the overall life of my transmission.

I've driven just about every kind of car at one time or another. Working in car washes, new car porter, grease monkey, valet, and this is NOT normal, "special" transmission or not. If I drove one of my old manuals like this, it wouldn't last long. I want either a new transmission under warranty/recall once they get their software mess figured out or to have this thing lemoned. Hopefully enough people make noise about this so that Ford complies.

I appreciate the forum, this is the only place I've found that has any real info about what appears to be a widespread problem.

Looks like I have to go to the dealer to determine which software version I have?

Bookmarks & Social Networks