High Performance 2012 Ford Focus ST - Page 136 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus ST > Focus ST

Focus ST The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the MK3 2013-Current Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-24-2012, 08:10 AM   #1351
rgonyer
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5268
What I Drive: 2013 Tangerine Scream Focus ST3

FF Reputation: 1 rgonyer Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sctrooperlx View Post
I have a question, I got a st2 on order does anybody know if you will be able to buy the hids from ford and install them yourself???
No one knows for sure, but probably - as long as you're willing to hack up the wiring harness a bit. I highly doubt they will have the same harness.

But honestly, if you really want HID's - change your order to the ST3. If the SVT HID's are any indication, those HID headlights retail around $800 EACH. Why not pay $2k more now and not have the headaches of figuring out how to wire in the HID's after the fact, and get NAV and all the other goodies that come with the ST3 as well?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2012, 11:45 AM   #1352
sctrooperlx
Salmontheotherpinkmt

Fan#: 48170
What I Drive: 2003 infra-red svt/07 Shelby GT-500

FF Reputation: 2 sctrooperlx Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I would imagine at some point you would be able to. This time around, I'll be buying a spare set before someone at Shelby decides to buy up the rest of the lot like they did with the Machs. Bastards.

yea thats a good idea about getting a extra set i wish i did when i bought my 03 svt with the hids,

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgonyer View Post
No one knows for sure, but probably - as long as you're willing to hack up the wiring harness a bit. I highly doubt they will have the same harness.

But honestly, if you really want HID's - change your order to the ST3. If the SVT HID's are any indication, those HID headlights retail around $800 EACH. Why not pay $2k more now and not have the headaches of figuring out how to wire in the HID's after the fact, and get NAV and all the other goodies that come with the ST3 as well?
I really want the hids but i dont want all that other stuff, I would rather spend the extra money on go fast parts than nav ,sync ,etc etc,plus you cant get the seats like i want in the st3.The st2 has everything i want but hids go figure.I just hope i can swap in a pair later because hids really make the car imo..
Gumpcrew#12
I live with fear and sometimes she lets me drive her SVTF!
"i <3 my wife's & gf's (.)(.)". HA!
Old 07-24-2012, 11:49 AM   #1353
rgonyer
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5268
What I Drive: 2013 Tangerine Scream Focus ST3

FF Reputation: 1 rgonyer Good Standing Member
That's kinda what I'm getting at though - You're probably going to pay $2k to buy a set of HID's down the road, and the difrerence in price between the ST2 and ST3 is about the same. So if you are truly going to buy the HID's later, you may as well get the Nav and all the other stuff thrown in. You'd probably have better luck swapping your black leather heated seats with someone that has an ST2. But to each their own!

Think about it - if the SVT HID's were $850/each new, how much do you think the ST HID's (with LEDs and turning driving lights) will be??
Old 07-26-2012, 11:42 PM   #1354
20Focus13
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92454
What I Drive: 2013 Focus ST ST3,2012 GT500 750HP

FF Reputation: 1 20Focus13 Good Standing Member
I don't know if any member remembers that to install the older focus SVT HID's in a regular Focus was not just a plug and play affair. The HID's in the new Mustang's have a rather large relay for each of the headlights from the factory and if anyone had installed HID kits, they know of some of the problems getting them to turn on without a relay setup too. If you really want the HID's, you may want to just get the ST3 package as other members have stated and try to deal with the seats if you want the cloth-leather seats after you get your car. Ford does sell the Mustang Recaro seats but they are kind of high, I think almost $3,000 for them.

http://www.fordracingpartsdirect.com...3660005-mb.htm

I don't know what the Focus ST2 seats would go for but I am sure it won't be cheap.
Just a thought.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:41 AM   #1355
sctrooperlx
Salmontheotherpinkmt

Fan#: 48170
What I Drive: 2003 infra-red svt/07 Shelby GT-500

FF Reputation: 2 sctrooperlx Good Standing Member
yea i guess i will have to wait and see and if its going to be too hard to install later i will have to do without this time around :(
Gumpcrew#12
I live with fear and sometimes she lets me drive her SVTF!
"i <3 my wife's & gf's (.)(.)". HA!
Old 07-27-2012, 10:27 AM   #1356
whitehatch
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 101493
What I Drive: 2012 oxford White Ford focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 whitehatch Good Standing Member
Looks like it's in for a good run to beat the competition for many years to come! ( Mazda speed3 , VW Golf R, Subaru impreza WRX 5-door) watch out!!
Old 07-29-2012, 11:31 AM   #1357
20Focus13
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92454
What I Drive: 2013 Focus ST ST3,2012 GT500 750HP

FF Reputation: 1 20Focus13 Good Standing Member
sctrooperlx,

I tried to PM you but it does not look like they went out. In case you get several repeats, it was I was trying to resend the message.

Sorry
Old 07-29-2012, 01:36 PM   #1358
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 99230
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

Points 4,098, Level 40
Points: 4,098, Level: 40 Points: 4,098, Level: 40 Points: 4,098, Level: 40
Level Up 74% Completed
Level up: 74% Level up: 74% Level up: 74%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehatch View Post
Looks like it's in for a good run to beat the competition for many years to come! ( Mazda speed3 , VW Golf R, Subaru impreza WRX 5-door) watch out!!
Well,I don't think those other brands are just going to rest on their laerels and I'm sure they'll be paying attention to the ST plenty.

I can't wait til the car rags get an ST and run it hard against the competition and see what a real world production model does.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:15 PM   #1359
mustang0
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96079
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy SE HB Sport Package

Points 686, Level 13
Points: 686, Level: 13 Points: 686, Level: 13 Points: 686, Level: 13
Level Up 72% Completed
Level up: 72% Level up: 72% Level up: 72%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 mustang0 Good Standing Member
Auto Week just did a small article on the ST. Of course all was good. Darn now will have to compete with more people to get one. LOL Good luck getting one off the the lot for MSRP! Don't know if the rest of you guys ordering them are getting gouged though. Can't wait for a side by side comparison. I don't know if you guys read the under 30K sport car review Auto Week did a little while ago. Read if you get a chance. Ford Mustang V6 them.
65 Racestang 96 Mustang 2012 Focus SE HB Sport Pac 5 speed man. NewMission Cold Air, lunchbox Delete,Custom 3" Magnaflow exhaust, Steeda Rear Sway Bar, Steeda STS,Axis wheels, Blox shift knob,Focus elecrtic RMM, Injected 93 Tune V1 176HP 152Torque
Old 08-02-2012, 06:32 PM   #1360
SVTF4243
Focus Addict

Fan#: 4068
What I Drive: SVT 2002

FF Reputation: 11 SVTF4243 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang0 View Post
Auto Week just did a small article on the ST. Of course all was good. Darn now will have to compete with more people to get one. LOL Good luck getting one off the the lot for MSRP! Don't know if the rest of you guys ordering them are getting gouged though. Can't wait for a side by side comparison. I don't know if you guys read the under 30K sport car review Auto Week did a little while ago. Read if you get a chance. Ford Mustang V6 them.
quite a few people are getting under MSRP
SHOW :: Lights tint | Calipers Painted| Graphite colored wheels| Back up Cam | Window Tint

Bookmarks & Social Networks