Who Traded Down? - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-02-2012, 12:25 PM   #21
erato
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97294
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Red Ti Ecoboost estate

FF Reputation: 1 erato Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Here's the one I downgraded from:

My actual car; on vacation in Piemonte, Italy. But me and the wife needed something smaller with better MPG and with a fresh dealer guarantee (5 years in Norway); and I really don't miss it much. Car design and not at least "electrical niceties" has moved on and the Focus is superbly engineered for what it is. I like its agility too very much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2012, 12:34 PM   #22
longlaketech
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 93911
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Sport, 2008 SE

FF Reputation: 1 longlaketech Good Standing Member
Came from a 2 door 2007 VW GTi. I miss the 2.0T, but like the Focus reliability and the 5 door. It really feels like more of a sideways move. Don't miss the Gti though.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:34 PM   #23
hardSVT
Turbo Freak

Fan#: 53566
What I Drive: 03 svtf

FF Reputation: 5 hardSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
I sold my mk3 vr6 for my focus
Trust this was a money down grade the vw had close to 10k in parts and I bought the focus for 4k but sold the vr6 for 3200 : (

Best decision ever!
Fugen vw I hate em
Old 08-02-2012, 12:39 PM   #24
unfocused1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95246
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 2 unfocused1 Good Standing Member
Came from a 2009 Focus SES sedan, and only because I didn't get ABS and traction control at the time.

Almost bought the hatchback, but learned of the rear parking sensors and went to the next available coupe. The only one with that feature... while a couple versions had the parallel park feature and sensors on back and front, it would have cost too much and I was pushing it already. Front sensors would be nice (IF they would sense I'm driving too close to a wall, but imagine that in rush hour beeping all the time) but the other models all had MFT and as cool as that is, I didn't want my ADHD to kick in and tinker on the console. I only read of MFT's problems afterward...
Old 08-02-2012, 12:39 PM   #25
bball40dtw
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85847
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti and 2013 C-Max SE

FF Reputation: 1 bball40dtw Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by longlaketech View Post
Came from a 2 door 2007 VW GTi. I miss the 2.0T, but like the Focus reliability and the 5 door. It really feels like more of a sideways move. Don't miss the Gti though.
So I should get rid of my GTi and not my Focus when my C-Max Hybrid is finally built? My heart says keep the GTi, but it only gets 25-27 MPG and the reliability scares me. I've had no issues, but it is VW, it is our of warranty, and it is expensive.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:39 PM   #26
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
I came from something similar, but when buying the Focus I was looking at the Mercedes C300 and BMW 335i which were $42k and $52k, respectively, full-loaded. I've always hated Focuses (because they always looked ridiculous and felt cheap) but my grandfather (who worked at Ford for 42 years) convinced me to test drive the 2012. I chose a $30k Focus over either of those great cars because it handled just as well (better than the C300, and almost as well as the 335i), had a good amount of space (I didn't want a big car...I just wanted a car I would be comfortable with), and looks good.

It definitely doesn't look *as good* as the 335i, but mine looks pretty nice now...and I still love it! It's very agile and carries everything I need. I've never had a hatch before but I love it.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:48 PM   #27
Scarbelly
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 100011
What I Drive: 2012 TuxBlck SE Sport DCT Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 Scarbelly Good Standing Member
Traded an '08 Lincoln MKZ AWD. Needed better mpg and some more fun. I'm glad I did it - at least until winter sets in. Also, I hated Sync and got rid of it with the trade.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:17 PM   #28
Borkoman
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 94393
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red Focus ST

FF Reputation: 1 Borkoman Good Standing Member
Traded my 2011 WRX Limited for the Focus. Saving over $300/mo between payment/insurance/gas.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the Focus for everything it does well, but once I come close to paying it off I'll be getting back into something with 300hp+.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:51 PM   #29
voyou fofo
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 101266
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 voyou fofo Good Standing Member
BMW E90 06' as a commuter started costing about a grand a month to up keep and I was not happy with BMW's quality. Simple stupid things started braking, for example, when it got to hot the safety regulator on the window would break and cause the window to fall. Funny thing is it happens in all models, and they deny they have a problem. anyways, 350$ for the part and installation. this happened once every 2-3 months because of southern California's heat. ANNOYING! Any hoot, with 90,000 miles approaching I waved the white flag and looked for a low cost economy car that was enjoyable to drive as an everydayer.
Hence, Me owning a FO FO! Which by the way is as fun as the BMW and with way better tech.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:59 PM   #30
Elizabeth
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 89280
What I Drive: '12 Yellow Focus SE stick, 17"rims

FF Reputation: 14 Elizabeth Great Standing Member
My last car i kept for 13 years.. It was a 1999 Contour SVT.
I LOVED the Contour. And it was green, a rare color for a car nowadays.
It had a few issues over the length of my owning it. The biggest was needing a new differential.. (the real weak point of that car was the differential I stuck in a Torsen after the original one disintegrated.)
And finally it needed front wheel bearings again.
(I sold the SVT to the brother of my apt building manager. i get to see it often. I still love it)
I just decided i needed a new car.
I would have gotten rid of the SVT sooner, but no Ford seemed to be equal in any way.
So I waited, and FINALLY Ford brought over the EU new Focus.
Curious the list for my 1999 Contour SVT was around $22,900. and my new Focus is also list $22,700
I had to have a car which handles as well as my SVT did, 2012 Focus yes.
I also wanted to get better MPG, and no longer want to race around all the time. so the Hp available is fine.
Manual transmission required, no problem.

Bookmarks & Social Networks