DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread - Page 139 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-02-2012, 08:24 AM   #1381
pjart
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 99244
What I Drive: 2012 SE Red Candy Metallic CC hatch

FF Reputation: 1 pjart Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Mine really hit the bricks this am. Cruise control at 70 mph and the rpms go up to 4500 but NOT the speed. I don't know how it got up some of the hills, it wouldn't pull a greasy wad out of a cat's butt. Man am I frustrated. First new car ever and I don't need this crap with work problems and health problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2012, 11:41 AM   #1382
smizak
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92058
What I Drive: 2012 Black SEL

FF Reputation: 2 smizak Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjart View Post
it wouldn't pull a greasy wad out of a cat's butt.
Just wow....analogy win.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:43 PM   #1383
dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

FF Reputation: 11 dan50 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjart View Post
Mine really hit the bricks this am. Cruise control at 70 mph and the rpms go up to 4500 but NOT the speed. I don't know how it got up some of the hills, it wouldn't pull a greasy wad out of a cat's butt. Man am I frustrated. First new car ever and I don't need this crap with work problems and health problems.
If the rpm increase was on a downhill, it could be normal as the Focus will downshift to keep speed from varying from that set on cruise control. Yours may be for an entirely different reason, but just wanted to point out this possibility.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:43 PM   #1384
willsim
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 89108
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Kona Blue SE Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 willsim Good Standing Member
My dealer did the update yesterday without a request from me. The tranny has always been good the only difference I feel is that the car is more responsive especially in first gear.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:49 AM   #1385
smizak
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92058
What I Drive: 2012 Black SEL

FF Reputation: 2 smizak Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by willsim View Post
My dealer did the update yesterday without a request from me. The tranny has always been good the only difference I feel is that the car is more responsive especially in first gear.
Mine was too, 1500mi later, now it's a shuddering, clutch-slipping, gear dropping mess. Dealer has done all they can, Ford has to fix this. Sucks.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:56 AM   #1386
pjart
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Thank you sir. I live in the South. Appalachia in fact, so old maxims and such are a speciality. God Bless your little heart.

Art
Old 08-03-2012, 11:08 AM   #1387
pjart
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Well she (2012 SE Focus hatch) went back to Friendship Ford in Bristol, TN yesterday. Bought May 9th, 2012...back into the shop 8/2/2012. No one was surprised when I said "6 speed CVT" as I walked into the service dept. Told 'em the tach was jumping all over the dial but didn't redline. Got my loaner Fusion and boy the stereo sounded great. V-6. Got home and told the wife & kids I traded up to a Fusion, hahaha. They half believed me until they saw the Enterprise sticker and the Missouri license plate. Even told 'em I want the windshield replaced under warranty - it got a star on it 2 weeeks ago and b4 I could get it home that day the windsheied had cracked 3 feet across the drivers side.

I know there's a bulletin out on the F-150 for windshield cracking under warranty due to overstress on the galss as mounted at the factory. So I guess I got a chance. YES this is the trip for the FIRST OIL change and checkup.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:07 AM   #1388
CoasterDan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86083
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Hatch Tuxedo Black

FF Reputation: 1 CoasterDan Good Standing Member
New Powershift trans. issue

My Focus' transmission was reprogrammed a while back and has performed much better than previously. However yesterday, it started making a noise, sort of a rattle, on the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts. It reminded me of a pre-ignition (knocking) rattle but probably has something to do with the clutches or the gears. I'll be taking it to the dealer next week.

Has anyone experienced anything like this from their DCT?
Old 08-05-2012, 09:16 PM   #1389
tjbjday
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 101793
What I Drive: 2012 Sea Green Focus

FF Reputation: 1 tjbjday Good Standing Member
Trans and other

I have had my upgrade installed for 3 weeks now and it does seem to be getting better. I still have some balking when going up my sttep driveway if I do not give it a lot of gas. It is shifting too quickly for the load.

I am also having all kinds of trouble with the Sync directions. Doesn;t work half the time and consistently can't understand what is being said. I had a Chevy with On-star that I traded for this car and On-Star NEVER failed me. Nothing more frustrating than being lost with a GPS that will not work. I feel like ripping the thing out half the time. I am not sure if Ford is using a cheep mike or if I should blame it on Microsoft, whcih is not hard to do. Microsoft operating system are piles of junk forced on the consumers.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:01 PM   #1390
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 8 Kabigon Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbjday View Post
I am not sure if Ford is using a cheep mike or if I should blame it on Microsoft, whcih is not hard to do. Microsoft operating system are piles of junk forced on the consumers.
How is the quality of your voice (on the receiving end) when you make a phone call? (I'm assuming that your iPhone is paired to the system)

Bookmarks & Social Networks