Rattle on the right - Page 7 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-14-2012, 03:32 PM   #61
wgilles
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91264
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SE 5 speed

FF Reputation: 1 wgilles Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kam327 View Post
Oh great! Looking forward to the battle with the service guys when I bring mine in for the rattles.....
My service guys were very nice. I took them for a ride to show them where it was and the guy listened for it and found the exact location after about 5 minutes. After that they took the car back in and had it done in about 45 minutes. They said they had it done almost right away, but wanted the silicone to set before they gave it back to make sure the rattle wouldn't come back after I drove away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2012, 03:56 PM   #62
kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

FF Reputation: 11 kam327 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgilles View Post
My service guys were very nice. I took them for a ride to show them where it was and the guy listened for it and found the exact location after about 5 minutes. After that they took the car back in and had it done in about 45 minutes. They said they had it done almost right away, but wanted the silicone to set before they gave it back to make sure the rattle wouldn't come back after I drove away.
Yeah I shouldn't have been so harsh. I took my wife's Taurus in to Brandon Ford a few months ago for an odd sound in the steering wheel while turning it. A few miles shy of the warranty running out. They replaced the entire steering column and rack to the tune of $900 (to Ford's account of course). But the sound was still there so after the warranty expired I took it back in and they took another look at it for free. Turned out just to be a loose airbag in the wheel. But they were great about working on the problem until it was done to my satisfaction. Hopefully they're as good about rattles.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:10 AM   #63
kam327
-----<M>-----

I definitely have a rattle at the passenger door's reflector area - pushing on it stops it.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:48 AM   #64
wgilles
Focus Enthusiast

Probably the same thing that was wrong with me except in a different spot. It is probably the pin rubbing against the body panel. I'm convinced our doors need to be dyno matted!
Old 03-21-2012, 09:12 AM   #65
entity
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85163
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 entity Good Standing Member
Just wondering if anyone is having these issues:

My passenger seat rattles every so often. It's definitely the seat because it never happens with a passenger. I can't replicate it all. Build date was last June. Any ideas?

Also, I have a buzzing coming from the MFT screen. Also not able to replicate. It happened on the dealer test drive with the service manager but the technician said he could not replicate so no repairs were done. Just my luck. Any other ideas what that could be?

Thanks.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:30 AM   #66
theos2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86607
What I Drive: 2012 Focus 5Dr Sterling T/401/P/N/W

FF Reputation: 1 theos2 Good Standing Member
Regarding the passenger rattle. I have the same issue. Comes and goes. Try pressing the passenger's headrest towards the door, that seems to quiet it down. I suspect the headrest prongs are hitting something inside the seat, when the passenger is there, the seat back and/or the headrest have pressure applied on them that stops the rattle.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:38 AM   #67
wgilles
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by entity View Post
Just wondering if anyone is having these issues:

My passenger seat rattles every so often. It's definitely the seat because it never happens with a passenger. I can't replicate it all. Build date was last June. Any ideas?

Also, I have a buzzing coming from the MFT screen. Also not able to replicate. It happened on the dealer test drive with the service manager but the technician said he could not replicate so no repairs were done. Just my luck. Any other ideas what that could be?

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theos2 View Post
Regarding the passenger rattle. I have the same issue. Comes and goes. Try pressing the passenger's headrest towards the door, that seems to quiet it down. I suspect the headrest prongs are hitting something inside the seat, when the passenger is there, the seat back and/or the headrest have pressured applied on them that stops the rattle.
New revelation on my end...what I thought was the vent under the seat making the rattle, turned out not to be. I took the vent out and it still makes it. I also noticed that it doesn't make the sound with the passenger in the car. I'm going to have one of my friends sit in the back seat and listen to see if they can hear where it is coming from.

I'm going to try and do that tonight, if I find anything, I'll post it here.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:00 PM   #68
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by theos2 View Post
Regarding the passenger rattle. I have the same issue. Comes and goes...
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgilles View Post
...I took the vent out and it still makes it. I also noticed that it doesn't make the sound with the passenger in the car...
Quote:
Originally Posted by entity View Post
...My passenger seat rattles every so often. It's definitely the seat because it never happens with a passenger....
Also, I have a buzzing coming from the MFT screen...
Hello theos2, wgilles & entity,

Let's take care of this snake!

Send me a PM with the VIN, current mileage, personal and dealer contact info. I'll escalate the concern to the attention of the Customer Service Manager in your area.

Thanks,

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 07-31-2012, 09:58 PM   #69
CrankyWookie
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89821
What I Drive: 2012, Sterling Grey, Hatch Ti

FF Reputation: 2 CrankyWookie Good Standing Member
After three trips to the dealer and pretty much thinking I may have to live with it, I finally found the rattle on the passenger side! Mine turned out to be a black plastic cover on the underside below the rear passenger door. The panel would flutter at +50mph tapping up against the body. I glued a piece of closed-cell foam along the outer edge and serenity at last! This whole time I would have sworn it was on the inside of the door or the passenger seat.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:23 AM   #70
kam327
-----<M>-----

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyWookie View Post
After three trips to the dealer and pretty much thinking I may have to live with it, I finally found the rattle on the passenger side! Mine turned out to be a black plastic cover on the underside below the rear passenger door. The panel would flutter at +50mph tapping up against the body. I glued a piece of closed-cell foam along the outer edge and serenity at last! This whole time I would have sworn it was on the inside of the door or the passenger seat.
Yeah I had an unsuccessful trip to the dealer as well. They claimed the tightened up a loose seat track, but that didn't stop the rattle.

Are you talking about the black plastic molding under both doors that runs wheel well to wheel well? Or is it a small cover on the door itself?

Bookmarks & Social Networks