2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle) - Page 89 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-31-2012, 11:42 AM   #881
wilsonfocus86
Focus Addict

Fan#: 23099
What I Drive: 14 Fusion 2.0

FF Reputation: 3 wilsonfocus86 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
They're ordering parts for my car. So I'll be able to take it up in a few days time to get a fix. Keep everyone in the loop with my situation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2012, 11:44 AM   #882
revhigh
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98516
What I Drive: 2012 Mazda 3 SkyActiv 6A Touring

FF Reputation: 1 revhigh Good Standing Member
Mine is in as we speak to be 'assessed'. My noise is pretty much constant. The service advisor got in with me and we drove about 6 feet before he heard it. We drove around the building and it did it over every single imperfection in the road at walking speed.

We shall see how it is assessed.

REV
Old 07-31-2012, 11:47 AM   #883
wilsonfocus86
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_HedgeHog View Post
...he heard the noise... Paperwork written

They were pleasantly surprised I already had the TSB number LOL
Yeah didn't hurt for me either. I had it in for multiple work today, and one tech who doesn't really do front ends said to me, "yeah I hear something up there when I drove it round (to the garage)." Oh, and the fact my Dad is still working for Ford 34 years later, and we've been going to the same dealership for 12 years maybe helped when I mentioned that! I was pleasantly surprised too, that he came and told me, "yeah we are going to order parts" without any hesitation.

My advice, just arrive at your dealer prepared for anything and everything. The more ammo you have per say, they can't look at you with a blank stare.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:02 PM   #884
revhigh
Focus Enthusiast

I gave them the TSB number as well ... he asked me where I got it ... told him there's 140 pages of discussion on the matter at FF. He wrote it down on the work order for reference. I also gave him the recall number for the windshield wipers. Although this will piss off some service writers ... he was OK with it. I told him I just wanted to save him some time and give him all the info that I had.

He seemed OK with it.

REV
Old 07-31-2012, 01:07 PM   #885
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgilles View Post
Well, I know when this first happened it took a month or so before the noise started, but so far so good! I went over a few speed bumps today and it is as quiet as a whisper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpolk84 View Post
Just picked mine up. Noise is gone!
Can you guys hear a pin drop? Here's to quiet times in your rides (sort of): Save money on future and routine service here: http://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conten...iceCouponsPage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriksarnstrom View Post
Mine goes in tomorrow morning after showing Hastings Ford the TSB. Hopefully they agree with the findings and start replacing some parts. Been clunking since about 3,000 miles and now up to about 5,000 miles. This is the first time it is being seen for the problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonfocus86 View Post
They're ordering parts for my car. So I'll be able to take it up in a few days time to get a fix. Keep everyone in the loop with my situation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptcv1 View Post
...just dropped mine off at dealer for this
Quote:
Originally Posted by revhigh View Post
Mine is in as we speak to be 'assessed'. My noise is pretty much constant. The service advisor got in with me and we drove about 6 feet before he heard it. We drove around the building and it did it over every single imperfection in the road at walking speed...
Quote:
Pulled in, waited a few minutes... One of the head advisors came out, went for a spin (around the parking lot), he heard the noise... Paperwork written and car is now in the back. Only thing that sucks is they need to car all day :(...

They were pleasantly surprised I already had the TSB number LOL
Hey everyone -

All of your vehicles are either at the dealer or will be going in soon. Please let us all know how it turns out!

Quote:
And no... I did not forward or PM my info to anyone...
You know how to reach me if you need to get in touch (PM me your VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealer info). I'll cook something to tide me over; hope you have good news soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtncpa View Post
Lunchbox delete!??!? Ok .. I know I am off topic .. but what the heck is a "lunchbox delete!?!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
Lunchbox is the term for the last muffler before the tip...
Whoa, I've never heard of this option! Are you telling me I could've deleted my Mighty Morphin Power Rangers muffler? LOL *I'm just thinking about different lunchbox themes on a Focus*

Take care,

Thomas

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 07-31-2012, 02:24 PM   #886
Yellow06saleen
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99526
What I Drive: 2012, Tuxedo Black, Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Yellow06saleen Good Standing Member
Its been a few weeks and over 1K miles since I had the TSB done and noise has not returned. There is nothing in my paperwork about an alignment being done?
Old 07-31-2012, 03:42 PM   #887
wilsonfocus86
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow06saleen View Post
Its been a few weeks and over 1K miles since I had the TSB done and noise has not returned. There is nothing in my paperwork about an alignment being done?
They should do it I would say. I went back after my appointment today (story for another time and place), but actually got to talk to the tech who would be working on my car when the parts come in. Veryyyy knowledgeable and put a smile on my face. He said he was going to check the alignment afterwards "because that's just what they should do", and so he double checks his work/the toe of the front wheels etc to make sure the new setup isn't off at all; So there wouldn't be any irregular tire wear.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:52 PM   #888
revhigh
Focus Enthusiast

Update !!

Dealership just called, has ordered springs and stuff for BOTH sides, and will let me know when they are in ... 2-3 days supposedly.

Does anybody know if an alignment is absolutely required after that work ?? He indicated that it was not on the TSB. Does anybody know for sure if is technically required ... even if it's not on the bulletin ? I don't know that much about suspensions to be certain. He did mention that he didn't think anything (ball joints ?) had to be disconnected to make an alignment necessary.

I'd hate to tear up a brand new set of tires.

Thanks

REV
Old 07-31-2012, 04:10 PM   #889
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

FF Reputation: 49 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by revhigh View Post
Update !!

Dealership just called, has ordered springs and stuff for BOTH sides, and will let me know when they are in ... 2-3 days supposedly.

Does anybody know if an alignment is absolutely required after that work ?? He indicated that it was not on the TSB. Does anybody know for sure if is technically required ... even if it's not on the bulletin ? I don't know that much about suspensions to be certain. He did mention that he didn't think anything (ball joints ?) had to be disconnected to make an alignment necessary.

I'd hate to tear up a brand new set of tires.

Thanks

REV
Theoretically, based on the components removed/replaced, an alignment shouldn't be required. That being said, there is a charge code on the TSB for them to check and verify that nothing (alignment-wise) has changed.

I would ask to ensure that the alignment check is performed and verified. It will show up on your paperwork if completed.

FocusFest 2013: Best of Show
Gateway FFW: Show Class Outstanding
September '13 ROTM
2014 FiST-
Old 07-31-2012, 08:23 PM   #890
Shantheman2012
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98655
What I Drive: Fmr: 2012 Ti Sedan Now: '13 Taurus

FF Reputation: 2 Shantheman2012 Good Standing Member
Mine goes in Thursday. I'm leaving town for Chicago on Friday so I'm hoping everything is buttoned up correctly and alignment is set. And of course...hoping most of all the clunking is GONE.

I'll update when it's finished.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->