I LOVE my Mk3 Ford Focus 100% whoo hoo thread!! - Page 57 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-30-2012, 10:58 AM   #561
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoebel View Post
Just picked up my (wife's) Red Candy 5dr and ..... I've driven a lot of vehicles in my life, and this SEL is nice, very, very nice...We considered what we wanted to improve on, like the fuel efficiency, handling, fit, and Sirius radio, and this Focus is all that and more...I'm thankful for all the comments by actual owners on this forum. I read extensively here before even talking to the dealer and you've all been a great help. (Even the occasional naysayers who've added some reality checks to the overwhelming positive buzz this car does generate)...
Thanks for the props! The feature I like most is the SelectShift automatic transmission. Changing gears at the touch of a button is so exciting for me. Be sure to keep your Focus well-maintained with these: http://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conten...iceCouponsPage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by engine ear View Post
Keeps on getting better...filled with 91 today for the "does higher octane get better mpg?" test...
What's the verdict? Share your results with other owners and enthusiasts here: http://social.ford.com/.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMaiden View Post
A little crazy color thrown in for fun
Nice psychedelic colors; this photo makes me want to watch Austin Powers movies! Get it appraised, it may be worth [pinky finger next to mouth] "1 million dollars."

Quote:
Originally Posted by collisionbend View Post
...I wanted to fine somewhere as picturesque as the previous posters, what with all the pretty scenery, but all I could come up with was a little park on Lake Erie...Here's one from the iPhone, right after she had a bath (this morning).

As a previous Northeastern Ohio resident, you can't go wrong by taking your Focus next to Lake Erie and snapping a few stills. Your next objective is to try and get it in Cleveland Browns Stadium; this would be the ultimate shot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
it is 97F temperature outside today.. but even with the air on high. on the freeway at 52mph I got 51mpg all the way.
Whoo Hoo this car ROCKS!!!!!!
As the temperature rises, the Focus remains cool. Getting 51 MPG on your Focus is ice cold! If it gets any better, I'll start calling you Ms. Freeze. Keep it running well with these: http://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conten...iceCouponsPage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macatron View Post
...Having driven ONLY manuals for the last 16 years, I've found that the DCT is a perfect transmission to transition to. Plus, with the selectshift, I'm still able to "slap" through the gears when I'm feeling sporty. I'm REALLY enjoying mine as well, and I definitely echo what others are saying about it being an absolute blast to drive. I actually look forward to my commute now.
Press is more like it! This is a good way to experience the best of both worlds. Please let me know by PM if you've heard its last buzz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedComet View Post
I love my Focus so much that I actually get a little bummed when my fiancee has it and I'm home and it's not in my driveway. It's very satisfying seeing it there, hah. :D
I'd think you'd be bummed if your other half wasn't home, not your Focus! Since you've got it bad, gaze at this badge when it's not in your driveway: http://social.ford.com/grab-a-badge/focus/yes/.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppersmum View Post
Somebody put two paint chips in mine today on the front end - looks like might have been a shopping cart because I was at Safeway and the chips were not there when I washed the car this morning. Totally depressed now :-(
Quote:
I'm going to get a touch up pen and see what kind of mess I can make of it.
The infamous runaway cart always finds its next victim! How did the touch-up pen work? If you need any paint, please visit our parts site here: http://www.fordparts.com/.

I'll be making another post in this thread soon; keep your eyes peeled!

- Thomas

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2012, 11:52 AM   #562
unfocused1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95246
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 unfocused1 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Somebody put two paint chips in mine today on the front end - looks like might have been a shopping cart because I was at Safeway and the chips were not there when I washed the car this morning. Totally depressed now :-(
It's horrible to read what you and others posted; the glut of shopping carts roaming in the car park is ridiculous. It's a shame you can't ask the store to see the surveillance tape and see who let the cart that hit your car and pursue them for damages, since they should have been conscientious of you in the first place. Like jaywalking, people blindingly let carts go to hit someone one is a needless activity, if people chose to be conscious while in public...
Old 07-30-2012, 12:23 PM   #563
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 99230
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
Even if you caught them on camera and were able to identify them you'd still have a hard time getting money from them since it most likely wasn't a malicious act and it probably isn't worth the time and money to MAYBE get your damage fixed.
It's all about where you park and a little luck.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:17 PM   #564
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by meattooth View Post
I've had my focus for four months and Im still loving it.
I'm going on three months and enjoy every moment in it! Since we're proud Focus owners, let's use this to obtain info and service rebates: http://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conten.../Page/HomePage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-i View Post
I've had mine since last night, love the car. picks up nicely, such a full feature set in the titanium. MFT has been great (I've found a couple of small querks)...
Congratulations! Grab this badge to show off your owner's status: http://social.ford.com/grab-a-badge/focus/yes/. If you'd like your MFT to be looked into, please shoot me a PM and include your VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealer info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordgirl40 View Post
love ♥ love ♥ love ♥!!!!!!
I think the Focus is your true love; shower it with water kisses! Let us all know about the first time you two met: http://social.ford.com/.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zolemite View Post
10k in 4 months and still loving my S 5mt. Really considering a steeda short throw shifter, steeda rear sway bar, & H&R springs...
I see it's been around the block a few times. Remember, if the aftermarket products fail or causes one of our parts to fail, the cost of the repair and any related damages are not covered by our warranty. Have you purchased/installed these components yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithOmitted View Post
I test drove the Focus on Thursday, told them I wanted it the next morning (they had to get it about from a dealership about an hour away), paid for it Saturday, and didn't get to pick it up until Tuesday

...However, the one I got has way too many toys and is also night in day in how complicated it is from my Cherokee...I drove for an hour last night with the rear windshield wiper going, even though it had stopped raining, because I couldn't figure out how to switch it off! At any rate I'm very happy with my purchase and I'm excited to be a part of the Focus community!
Glad to see the minor wait was worth it! If you need to know anything about your Focus, please use this link to access the owner's manual: https://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conte...OwnerGuidePage. Details on the rear window wiper are on page 134 (Owner Guide, 5th print).

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-i View Post
^ my wife and I couldn't find the button to unlock the doors at first :)...
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderwoof View Post
Same for me on the door unlock button. It took me a few hours to find it the first day. The first time I had a passenger coming into the car, I had to reach over to open the door.....
Don't be embarrassed; my passenger locked herself in my car for a few minutes. Thankfully, she noticed the lock/unlock button below the volume knob for the audio system. I giggled a bit, then was given the silent treatment. Remember this link to avoid dead silence: https://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conte...OwnerGuidePage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by '12SEFocus View Post
I often find myself taking corners at much higher speeds now
Torque Vectoring Control is doing its thing for you then: http://www.ford.com/cars/focus/features/#page=Feature5. I don't even want to know how fast you're taking those corners; be safe out there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordblue View Post
Whatever you are smoking I want some!
I don't know about smoke, but the Focus puts me on cloud 9.

- Thomas

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 07-30-2012, 03:46 PM   #565
Elizabeth
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 89280
What I Drive: '12 Yellow Focus SE stick, 17"rims

FF Reputation: 14 Elizabeth Great Standing Member
I started this thread and glad i did!! I love my 2012 Focus and still gaze at it lovingly..
Just got my next year license plate sticker, so i am over eleven months now..
(I am sad some folks have trouble with their 2012s.. i hope all the issues get fixed and we can all be happy!!
I try to wave at other 2012 owners i am so happy over my car!
Old 07-30-2012, 03:52 PM   #566
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic

The Focus wave around here would just draw odd looks or they thought you just flipped them off. I would make a nod toward another modded Focus but not your everyday variety.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:12 AM   #567
'12SEFocus
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 101581
What I Drive: '12 Focus SE, Metallic Black

FF Reputation: 1 '12SEFocus Good Standing Member
Has anyone tried drifting there focus yet? Just curious
Old 07-31-2012, 06:42 AM   #568
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by '12SEFocus View Post
Has anyone tried drifting there focus yet? Just curious
You can't really drift a fwd car with 160 bhp at the crankshaft, but people have tried hand brake slides and had the car slap them in the face for it by clamping down the power an using the torque vectoring control + tcs to pull the car back on line and tracking straight and true.

Going around corners and what not is fun, trying to defeat the laws of physics not so much.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:32 AM   #569
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic

FWD understeers and you need rwd or AWD to get the drift action going.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:05 AM   #570
'12SEFocus
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 101581
What I Drive: '12 Focus SE, Metallic Black

FF Reputation: 1 '12SEFocus Good Standing Member
Yeah I guess I kinda forgot about it being fwd

Bookmarks & Social Networks