Pround new owner of 03 SVT. Need suggestions(long) - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-29-2012, 10:04 AM   #11
Boiler
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 100312
What I Drive: 1989 Mercury Cougar XR7

FF Reputation: 1 Boiler Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
impressions

I thought is was a very peppy car! It seemed solid with a good exhaust system (some are butchered) and the doors closed properly. I am new to the focus world (not owning one yet)and it was the second SVT I had driven. Given your interest in bringing the car back it should be a good one once you are finished.

I would like to find a blue version which seems to be tougher than anticipated,since Silver seems to be themost popular color. I was wrong, the front bumper is in the Columbus Craigslist and he is asking $500. Some of the after market bumpers are interesting if you can get them ina material that isn't brittle like fiberglass. Good luck!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2012, 12:21 AM   #12
ukfan50
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91208
What I Drive: 2002 SB SVTF

FF Reputation: 1 ukfan50 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I'm on the SS of Indy. I've also seen this on CL for a month +. I called asked some questions but didnt really feel like I was getting much of the truth. No maintenience/repair records. Guy just seemed to not know a thing about the car.

As far as you saying the other SVTF's on CL are over priced, you have to make sure your comparing "apples to apples" rather than "apples to oranges". The KBB thing you mentioned, DOES NOT take into account the rariety of a vehicle. Hell my 2000 SVTC I paid $3K for and restored to showroom new, had less than $5K in it, sold for $7K (with 133K miles) with a 4" thick stack of maintenance/repair records. But KBB stated my SVTC was $3950 on the high end which is just plain laughable! When it come to cars like ours you can take KBB & throw it out the window.

Good luck with your SVTF.
-2002 Sonic Blue SVT Focus; #1200 (Purchased 10/2011)
-2000 T-Red SVT Contour; #1089 of #2150 (Sold 10/2011)
-1998 BDP Subaru Impreza 2.5RS (OEM gold wheels) #1595 of #1695 (Sold 1/2010)
Old 08-03-2012, 06:30 PM   #13
Ewdubb
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 52529
What I Drive: 04Infra Red SVT #0958, 93 GMC Jimmy

FF Reputation: 1 Ewdubb Good Standing Member
the best thing for restoring the lights is the 3M product. I used it on my '04 SVT with HID's ... perfect! Don't expect great MPG's out of the SVT. Others have posted nice MPG's the best I've gotten is 21MPG with easy driving, patience, and Seafoam. Parts are readily available as mentioned. The most important thing is that no matter how long you own this vehicle it's always and I do mean always FUN as hell to drive!!! Even on bad days.
Old 08-04-2012, 04:26 AM   #14
BCSteel
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 101580
What I Drive: 2003 focus svt

FF Reputation: 1 BCSteel Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewdubb View Post
The most important thing is that no matter how long you own this vehicle it's always and I do mean always FUN as hell to drive!!! Even on bad days.
This.

I have a 2010 wrx and my girl has an 03 svt. I love that focus for getting around town! Its just so damn fun to drive.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:14 AM   #15
scottocassiano
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 23922
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black SVT

FF Reputation: 1 scottocassiano Good Standing Member
Good luck with your car. I always had a blast with mine.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:52 PM   #16
Svt_kid
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94202
What I Drive: 2004 Silver zx5 Svt

FF Reputation: 1 Svt_kid Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I have an svt bumper for sale if your intrested pm me
Old 08-19-2012, 09:41 PM   #17
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

FF Reputation: 47 felixthecat Great Standing Member
Welcome to the SVTF world. Sounds like you know whats going on. I'd do the mechanicals over the body 1st.
Interduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
Old 08-20-2012, 12:00 PM   #18
svtfocusup
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102833
What I Drive: 2003 silver svt focus

FF Reputation: 1 svtfocusup Good Standing Member
im looking into a turbo for my svt. i know pro charge would better fit but dont have the money to put into it quite yet. What mods would i have to make to my block to run more boost? Im pretty sure stock on 10 pounds would be fine but, just wandering what a good combo would be? Im thinking about going a t3/t4 turbo.
Old 08-20-2012, 12:35 PM   #19
Paladin
VEKTOR PLATE

Fan#: 64465
What I Drive: blue sub #6

FF Reputation: 10 Paladin Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
to the OP. roll bar end links are anywhere from $) to 50 bucks. i suggest getting the moog units as they are greasable, and when maintained should last quite a long time.

i wouldnt worry too much about the radiator under tray. not may cars have them anymore.
however fender liners can be easily located.

a full replacement svt front bumper from ford i believe is around 500 bucks. and comes with the grilles and foglight brackets, and maybe the fog lamps too idk.

deffinitly take care of the brakes and tires. i suggest getting new pads and rotors all the way around, and perhaps stainless front lines.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:12 AM   #20
Supertuner
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 101701
What I Drive: 2003 Silver SVT

FF Reputation: 1 Supertuner Good Standing Member
Thanks for all the good info. Sorry I've been so long getting back. Busy end of the summer.

SVT guy I am interested in that bumper. Haven't found the pm button yet. But I'll get to you.

One interesting thing I wanted ask about is the starting and starter. It seems like it takes 3-5 revolutions before the engine fires. Always fires but takes a couple turns hot or cold. Also the starter sounds weak like a low battery. But it's a new battery and always turns at the same cadence. Almost like there is a loss of fuel rail pressure between starts. Not sure if this is a natural trait or if something is amiss.

Thanks in advance.

Bookmarks & Social Networks