2000 ford focus 2.0 split port wont start - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > SPI Performance (2000-2004)

SPI Performance (2000-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L Split Port Injection engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-21-2012, 02:35 PM   #1
waldenchris08
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 101607
What I Drive: 2000 ford focus se 2.0 split port

FF Reputation: 1 waldenchris08 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2000 ford focus 2.0 split port wont start

Hi I'm new to this forum but I have a 2000 focus 2.0 split port. I as driving it one day for about 30 min and it lost all acceleration but stayed running. If I would shut it off and restart it it would go for a little while then do it again. I made it home and messed with it a little and it had a b1 s1 o2 code so I replaced that but it didn't help my problem and the problem progressively got worse as I was still driving it. Now it won't start at all just turns over. It is getting spark and the fuel pressure was between 40 and 50 psi. Also checked compression and all cylinders were between 120 and 150 psi which I'm not sure if that's good or not. If anyone has any suggestions or has experienced this same problem please let me know I'm lost. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2012, 02:41 PM   #2
waldenchris08
Focus Rookie

Oh and also there are no vaccume leaks that I have found and I've replaced spark plugs, wires, coil pack, and tps. Also, my scanner won't turn on when I plug it in to the obdII port anymore but it used to work so I'm wondering if there is something wrong with my ecu.
Old 07-27-2012, 05:33 PM   #3
waldenchris08
Focus Rookie

Well I figured out that the battery fuse was blown and that's why my scaner wasn't working but still haven't figured out why it won't start. I tried a cam sensor and it did nothing. With the scanner hooked up I'm getting cranking rpms so the crank sensor should be fine. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great thanks.

Bookmarks & Social Networks