2012 Ford Focus Steering Problem - Page 20 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-27-2012, 08:46 AM   #191
redtress
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 101843
What I Drive: 2012 ford focus

FF Reputation: 1 redtress Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
We have a 2012 Ford Focus that has the same problem. We took it to the dealership who told us nothing was wrong with it. Several people have driven it and had the same problem...Why doesn't Ford let people know especially when they bring it to dealership specifically for that problem?

Ford's Friendly customer service rep....can I contact you to get this handled?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2012, 10:10 AM   #192
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaputtEqu1pment View Post
...One steerin column and 5 alignments later, my stuff is still not actin right
I just saw this post. How's your Focus doing now? If you haven't talked to your region's Customer Service Manager about it, please PM me your VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealer info; I'll make it happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruced View Post
My 2012 Focus SE Hatchback with the sport appearance package has the "ZIG-ZAG" steering issue. It is quite severe. I have a large motor home that I would rather drive in a cross wind than this Focus at 60-65 mph. My dealer has diagnosed the problem and has a new steering gear on order - which has been on back order for over a month. Ford has even agreed to give me a loaner until the parts are available.

Natasha, this needs to be fixed ASAP. I bought this car for good fuel ecomony and a sporty feel. I can provide more information if needed...
Quote:
Originally Posted by redtress View Post
We have a 2012 Ford Focus that has the same problem. We took it to the dealership who told us nothing was wrong with it. Several people have driven it and had the same problem...Why doesn't Ford let people know especially when they bring it to dealership specifically for that problem?

Ford's Friendly customer service rep....can I contact you to get this handled?
I'd like to forward these details to the Customer Service Manager in charge of your regions; please PM me your VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealer information. He/she will then coordinate with you and your dealers on any repairs, if necessary.

By the way, I'm taking over this forum as the new Ford rep; it's nice to type to you all. I love the big and bold font, redtress! Next time, please use my real name. LOL

- Thomas

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 07-27-2012, 11:24 AM   #193
redtress
Focus Rookie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
I just saw this post. How's your Focus doing now? If you haven't talked to your region's Customer Service Manager about it, please PM me your VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealer info; I'll make it happen!

I'd like to forward these details to the Customer Service Manager in charge of your regions; please PM me your VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealer information. He/she will then coordinate with you and your dealers on any repairs, if necessary.

By the way, I'm taking over this forum as the new Ford rep; it's nice to type to you all. I love the big and bold font, redtress! Next time, please use my real name. LOL

- Thomas
Sorry Thomas...I was trying to figure out a way to make sure it got noticed..lol

I will PM you the VIN number. We just had it in the shop last week with this issue...Our dealership claimed they had never heard of this problem...Got the alignment and then had to take a trip in vehicle. It did it again...to the point the driver felt car was unsafe and had concerns for their safety. If we could get this resolved it would be awesome.....
Old 07-27-2012, 01:02 PM   #194
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Sorry Thomas...I was trying to figure out a way to make sure it got noticed..lol

I will PM you the VIN number. We just had it in the shop last week with this issue...Our dealership claimed they had never heard of this problem...Got the alignment and then had to take a trip in vehicle. It did it again...to the point the driver felt car was unsafe and had concerns for their safety. If we could get this resolved it would be awesome.....
Believe me, you have my attention! I'll send the details to your CSM as soon as possible; you'll be advised on the next steps to take.

- Thomas

Old 07-27-2012, 01:57 PM   #195
redtress
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Believe me, you have my attention! I'll send the details to your CSM as soon as possible; you'll be advised on the next steps to take.

- Thomas
How quickly do they usually move on these issues? Cause the car has to go on another trip on the 4th and worried about the safety...
Old 07-27-2012, 08:57 PM   #196
bruced
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 101688
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 bruced Good Standing Member
Quote:

- Thomas
Thomas, I am new to this forum. How do I send you the VIN and dealer, etc directly?
Old 07-30-2012, 08:39 AM   #197
redtress
Focus Rookie

Good Morning! Hello Thomas...friendly customer service rep from Ford.......Any information you can provide so I can contact my local csm about our Focus? My boss asked about it this morning since vehicle will be leaving again on Friday for a trip to Louisiana..
Old 07-30-2012, 08:46 AM   #198
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
How quickly do they usually move on these issues? Cause the car has to go on another trip on the 4th and worried about the safety...
Quote:
Good Morning! Hello Thomas...friendly customer service rep from Ford.......Any information you can provide so I can contact my local csm about our Focus? My boss asked about it this morning since vehicle will be leaving again on Friday for a trip to Louisiana..
The time may vary; it depends on your dealer's service process. Schedule an appointment with them as soon as possible. I'll escalate this issue with your CSM at my earliest convenience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruced View Post
Thomas, I am new to this forum. How do I send you the VIN and dealer, etc directly?
Click the "FordCustomerService" name in the post I made. You can then click the "Send a private message to..." link that appears on your screen. I can also be reached by PM when you access my profile here: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/member.php?u=79824. Sending a PM is the best way to stay in touch with me.

Hope this helps,

Thomas

Last edited by FordService; 07-30-2012 at 08:48 AM. Reason: added new quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:43 AM   #199
redtress
Focus Rookie

Called My local Ford dealership...same place took before and have appointment for later today. They still say they have not seen this problem before. Said they would look at it and see if anything needed to be done. (um....isn't that what they were supposed to have done last time?) Does not make one feel very optimistic about them being cooperative. Help!
Old 07-30-2012, 10:52 AM   #200
cyndyfurby
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 101916
What I Drive: 2012, red, focus se

FF Reputation: 1 cyndyfurby Good Standing Member
I bought my Ford Focus in March 2012 and at 2000 mi. my steering would go out with a "Power Assist Fault" on the computer...After 2 failed attempts to fix it they kept it over 30 days waiting on part....The dealership allowed me to do a even exchange on another new identical Focus...I received this car on July 25, 2012 with 200 miles on it...The next day when driving on the expressway I too noticed the drifting of the car to the right or left...It's very hard to keep it straight...Even on a straight road and I'm not moving the wheel the car drifts...I had 3 other people drive it to make sure I wasn't paranoid...Even the salesman drove it and made excuses....The car has 400 miles on it...I am taking it tomorrow for a test drive with the Service manager to see what he thinks....2 new Focus's this year and both have steering problems...Makes me scared to drive the car...And there is a Service Bulletin on this issue with the NHTSA.

Bookmarks & Social Networks