new TSB 12-5-5 for manual trans focii - Page 16 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-26-2012, 12:28 PM   #151
Pretherius
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97062
What I Drive: 2012 SE Sedan 5-Spd Sterling Gray

FF Reputation: 1 Pretherius Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadsled70 View Post
I too have the Launch issue. It feels like your starting from second gear. It has to spool up before moving. Almost killed me when I pulled into traffic with my kids in the car.
You know, this is a prime example of what is wrong with drivers.

Every car--I don't care who built it or when or how much it costs--can break down on you. I don't blame you for wanting the dealer to fix your issue or even threatening them, but seriously, don't pull into traffic in situations that are going to cause accidents if your car stalls or lacks power.

Watch how often people do this every day. Making left turns to beat oncoming traffic that's going 50+ mph. Pulling through a 2-way stop to beat cross traffic. Right turns from a stop, planning to out-accelerate the car coming up behind you. Your car stalls while doing this stuff, you die. *Especially* driving stick where the opportunity for driver error to cause a stall is in play.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2012, 05:50 PM   #152
leadsled70
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 97474
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Apple Red Focus

FF Reputation: 1 leadsled70 Good Standing Member
You know,this is a prime example of why some people should .

I was pulling out into the lane just down from a blind corner. It's the only way out from my job. I don't take risks when I drive. Especially with my kids in the car. I always pause at traffic signals as they turn green to make sure someone isn't trying to beat the light. I know what your saying and who your speaking of. I am not one of them.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:13 PM   #153
zolemite
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 36933
What I Drive: 2012 Focus S 2.0 5mt

Points 1,448, Level 21
Points: 1,448, Level: 21 Points: 1,448, Level: 21 Points: 1,448, Level: 21
Level Up 48% Completed
Level up: 48% Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 zolemite Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I was just about to post something about this issue as my car does this. It's done it to me pulling out in traffic and I'm lucky the other drivers slowed down. I have to bring this in now.

I didn't read this whole 13 pages. Did anyone get this issue resolved with their dealer?
Old 07-26-2012, 09:16 PM   #154
zolemite
Focus Enthusiast

Points 1,448, Level 21
Level Up 48% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretherius View Post
You know, this is a prime example of what is wrong with drivers.

Every car--I don't care who built it or when or how much it costs--can break down on you. I don't blame you for wanting the dealer to fix your issue or even threatening them, but seriously, don't pull into traffic in situations that are going to cause accidents if your car stalls or lacks power.

Watch how often people do this every day. Making left turns to beat oncoming traffic that's going 50+ mph. Pulling through a 2-way stop to beat cross traffic. Right turns from a stop, planning to out-accelerate the car coming up behind you. Your car stalls while doing this stuff, you die. *Especially* driving stick where the opportunity for driver error to cause a stall is in play.

By your post I can tell you don't/didn't have this issue. Same thing happened to me and I had ample time. It's almost like the whole car stalls. I have to pin the revs when shifting now. When pulling out in any traffic I basically have to rev it so much it chirps the tires, otherwise I might get the stall (randomly of course). Sometimes it works as it should.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:04 PM   #155
leadsled70
Focus Rookie

Did you ever bring it in before? They updated mine and it almost seemed like it got worse.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:00 AM   #156
zolemite
Focus Enthusiast

Points 1,448, Level 21
Level Up 48% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
No I have to bring mine in still. Probably this next week
Old 07-27-2012, 01:56 AM   #157
empowah
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91459
What I Drive: Mk3

Points 700, Level 13
Points: 700, Level: 13 Points: 700, Level: 13 Points: 700, Level: 13
Level Up 34% Completed
Level up: 34% Level up: 34% Level up: 34%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 empowah Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan1104 View Post
I went to get this TSB. Told the dealer my issues and the TSB#. Dropped my car off and later that day I got a call saying my car was ready. I went in and they didn't do anything! I talked to the service manager who went back to talk to the tech. He came back in and said that my car was up to date. My car was built 10-31-11. This TSB is for cars built on or before 2-29-12. I am I wrong or did the dealer just waste my time?

In any case. Anyone know of a good dealer in CA north bay area?
Same thing for me. Took it to Galpin ("the world's largest Ford dealer"), the service guy looked at the back of my reservation, and noted, nope, no applicable TSBs for my car. Mine was built November 2011.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:57 AM   #158
Zillon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17393
What I Drive: '13 JCW GP

Points 2,504, Level 30
Points: 2,504, Level: 30 Points: 2,504, Level: 30 Points: 2,504, Level: 30
Level Up 36% Completed
Level up: 36% Level up: 36% Level up: 36%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 27 Zillon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Add me to the list of people getting this TSB done. I've noticed an issue with the car struggling on launches every now and again, but this morning did it for me. The car scared the shit out of me when it fell on its face making a left hand turn that would've otherwise been a perfectly safe maneuver.

I have a scheduled appointment at 11AM tomorrow.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:34 AM   #159
leadsled70
Focus Rookie

I had mine done and after the 600 mile relearning process I can say it hasn't happened to me again. I had the knocking noise in the front end and they replaced parts on one of the struts. Now with the car idiling I hear a knocking noise like a bad engine mount. I also have a rear door that doesn't line up with the front and the dealer said it would have to go to a body shop so they can take the whole door apart and reassemble it. It still leaks water after they tried adjusting it. Does anyone have a steering column that doesnt click together properly? If you turn your steering wheel 180deg you can see where there is a tab on each side that joins them together. See if your locks in or is just hanging there. The left side tab doesn't engage on mine and the dealer said the other three Focus's on the lot have the same problem. They said Ford dropped the ball when they designed it.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:38 AM   #160
BetaDnB
Drum n Bass Lover

Fan#: 87466
What I Drive: 2012 Silver SE Sport

Points 2,264, Level 28
Points: 2,264, Level: 28 Points: 2,264, Level: 28 Points: 2,264, Level: 28
Level Up 76% Completed
Level up: 76% Level up: 76% Level up: 76%
Forum Activity 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
FF Reputation: 13 BetaDnB Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadsled70 View Post
I had mine done and after the 600 mile relearning process I can say it hasn't happened to me again. I had the knocking noise in the front end and they replaced parts on one of the struts. Now with the car idiling I hear a knocking noise like a bad engine mount. I also have a rear door that doesn't line up with the front and the dealer said it would have to go to a body shop so they can take the whole door apart and reassemble it. It still leaks water after they tried adjusting it. Does anyone have a steering column that doesnt click together properly? If you turn your steering wheel 180deg you can see where there is a tab on each side that joins them together. See if your locks in or is just hanging there. The left side tab doesn't engage on mine and the dealer said the other three Focus's on the lot have the same problem. They said Ford dropped the ball when they designed it.
HOLY OFF TOPIC!

One of my tabs didn't engage. So I pulled the top panel up and pulled that tab forward and now it's good. It takes a good bit of force to get the two halves back together because there's felt between the two pieces.
Sedan Revolution #249 - 2012 SE Sport - ╠╬╝ - Ingot Silver - 201A - K&N w/ snorkel delete - Blox Type R Knob

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.