Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 121 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-26-2012, 04:06 PM   #1201
JimsFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99994
What I Drive: 2012 Chevy Cruze,1966 Mustang

FF Reputation: 1 JimsFocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Talk about frustration. I just talked to my regional manager and he said the engineers say this grinding is normal.

http://youtu.be/M3OozxnZxzU

Please take a listen and tell me how many out there have this grinding in their transmission.

I sent this video to my manager to pass on to the engineers, but he said they can't access youtube. So I sent him the file because he said he had Windows Media Player, said he couldn't open it. (it's a wmv file) BS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2012, 04:29 PM   #1202
ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99202
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus SE, HB, sport pkg

FF Reputation: 1 ElGatto Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimsFocus View Post
Talk about frustration. I just talked to my regional manager and he said the engineers say this grinding is normal.

Please take a listen and tell me how many out there have this grinding in their transmission.

I sent this video to my manager to pass on to the engineers, but he said they can't access youtube. So I sent him the file because he said he had Windows Media Player, said he couldn't open it. (it's a wmv file) BS.
Pretty much sounds like my Focus when accelerating which it appears you are doing.
Sort of sounds like a stick shift.
Never gave it much thought.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:04 PM   #1203
Wombat67
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 101724
What I Drive: 2012 Grey TI Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Wombat67 Good Standing Member
Thomas thankyou for the welcome. The break-in does not explain the wifes car with no transmission issues at all...... Just say'in.....
Old 07-26-2012, 09:12 PM   #1204
ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast

probably an idiosyncrasy associated with a computerized transmission. Have your service department reflash it.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:23 PM   #1205
RFrench6646
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 101073
What I Drive: 2012 SEL Sonic Blue, Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 RFrench6646 Good Standing Member
Posted via FF Mobile

The ONLY issue I have now is that I have to take mine to the body shop with only 5100 miles! I got rear ended yesterday. The brakes are AWESOME! Unfortunately hers weren't!
Old 07-26-2012, 10:34 PM   #1206
JimsFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGatto View Post
Pretty much sounds like my Focus when accelerating which it appears you are doing.
Sort of sounds like a stick shift.
Never gave it much thought.
I've driven stick shifts for 45 years and never heard one grind like my Focus.

As recommended by my regional manager, I stopped by my Ford dealership. I explained what the engineers said. The sevice manager said he was sympathetic because he knows I have a problem. He has another 2012 Focus with the same noisey trans. The manager said, to be honest, Ford does not know how to fix this problem. They know it's a problem, many cars have it, but they will not admit that they don't have a fix.

Until I figure out another option, I will be bringing my car in for service every Tuesday. I need documentation.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:38 AM   #1207
Chefocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100478
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Red Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Chefocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by meesterlike24 View Post
Im not annoying any of the other users. I think we are all in the same boat Mr. "che". We are all fed up with the B.S. that Ford continues to tell us. You must not be going through what everyone else is going through. If this forum is not run by Ford then why are they even on here? Ill tell you why they are on here. They read peoples complaints, they tell these people to give them their info so they can forward it to a local dealer. We bring our vehicles into the dealer and the dealer tells us to deal with the transmission the way it is!! Does anyone see this or Am I just being too rough on Ford? I think the users on this forum want Ford to step up and fix what they know is a problem. I dont think theyre too concerned with me being annoying. if I am bothering users on this site....REMEMBER THAT IM ON YOUR SIDE!! Im saying what the other USERS ARE THINKING!!!
Sorry dude, you made it sound like you were going to spam bomb the message board. That would only be annoying to the other users.

No, I am not having the issues you are having. My 5 door titanium has the automatic tranny and I have zero issues outside of some annoying MFT quirks. But I am not trying to get in the way of you being heard.

One thing I will tell you is this - if your dealer is not giving you satisfaction, find a new one. But make sure everyone knows that you are dissatisfied, including Ford. If you live in an area that only has one Ford dealer, then go over their heads to Ford corporate.

Good luck.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:56 AM   #1208
ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
I've driven stick shifts for 45 years and never heard one grind like my Focus.

As recommended by my regional manager, I stopped by my Ford dealership. I explained what the engineers said. The sevice manager said he was sympathetic because he knows I have a problem. He has another 2012 Focus with the same noisey trans. The manager said, to be honest, Ford does not know how to fix this problem. They know it's a problem, many cars have it, but they will not admit that they don't have a fix.

Until I figure out another option, I will be bringing my car in for service every Tuesday. I need documentation.
I am not able to sit in your vehicle so I can not truly appreciate what you are experiencing with your transmission. That video is not really convincing there is a problem. Other than that, if a Ford service manager or area rep. told me what they told you I would seek legal representation. If it is determined that what you claim is a valid complaint Ford would be required to compensate you for your vehicle and any associated fees. Continuing to return to Ford on a weekly basis is not the way to go.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:19 AM   #1209
Dylan1970
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100905
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Dylan1970 Good Standing Member
Quote:

That's exactly the noise I hear too....now I have 1300 miles on the car and it's still very noticable. It kinda sounds like the car is going to fall apart. I was told that it's normal.....I can't really believe that but who am I to argue?
Old 07-27-2012, 05:24 PM   #1210
JimsFocus
Focus Enthusiast

I can only go by what I've been told by two service managers...it's excessive noise and Ford doesn't have a fix.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->