I LOVE my Mk3 Ford Focus 100% whoo hoo thread!! - Page 56 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-25-2012, 10:56 PM   #551
zolemite
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 36933
What I Drive: 2012 Focus S 2.0 5mt

FF Reputation: 1 zolemite Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
10k in 4 months and still loving my S 5mt. Really considering a steeda short throw shifter, steeda rear sway bar, & H&R springs. Those things will make this car handle better than any car I've owned (not the shifter of course). Heck it already pretty much does. Just gotta come up with the extra cash. I had a prelude 4ws with Tokico Blues and H&R race springs. Handled sick.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2012, 02:19 PM   #552
FaithOmitted
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 101806
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 FaithOmitted Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I test drove the Focus on Thursday, told them I wanted it the next morning (they had to get it about from a dealership about an hour away), paid for it Saturday, and didn't get to pick it up until Tuesday

I got this car because my new job requires a lot more driving and my 2000 Cherokee gets 20MPG if I baby it. The efficiency is night and day and I love it!

However, the one I got has way too many toys and is also night in day in how complicated it is from my Cherokee...I drove for an hour last night with the rear windshield wiper going, even though it had stopped raining, because I couldn't figure out how to switch it off! At any rate I'm very happy with my purchase and I'm excited to be a part of the Focus community!
Old 07-26-2012, 04:01 PM   #553
red-i
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 18685
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti - Tuxedo Black

FF Reputation: 1 red-i Good Standing Member
^ my wife and I couldn't find the button to unlock the doors at first :)

and yeah that little rocker switch is totally different from anything else i've seen. I found it quickly once I got caught in a downpour last night :)

wipers are fantastic too. I find the fastest speed is a bit slower than my old mazda but they work great.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:25 PM   #554
thunderwoof
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99778
What I Drive: 2012 SEL white platinum hatch 303A

FF Reputation: 1 thunderwoof Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by red-i View Post
^ my wife and I couldn't find the button to unlock the doors at first :)

and yeah that little rocker switch is totally different from anything else i've seen. I found it quickly once I got caught in a downpour last night :)

wipers are fantastic too. I find the fastest speed is a bit slower than my old mazda but they work great.
Same for me on the door unlock button. It took me a few hours to find it the first day. The first time I had a passenger coming into the car, I had to reach over to open the door.....
Old 07-26-2012, 04:35 PM   #555
red-i
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 18685
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti - Tuxedo Black

FF Reputation: 1 red-i Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderwoof View Post
Same for me on the door unlock button. It took me a few hours to find it the first day. The first time I had a passenger coming into the car, I had to reach over to open the door.....
not a bad thing, the ladies appreciate when you lean over and open the door for them. it's a classy move!
Old 07-26-2012, 05:54 PM   #556
'12SEFocus
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 101581
What I Drive: '12 Focus SE, Metallic Black

FF Reputation: 1 '12SEFocus Good Standing Member
I often find myself taking corners at much higher speeds now
Old 07-28-2012, 01:21 PM   #557
fordblue
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97078
What I Drive: used to drive 2012 focus w/dct

FF Reputation: 1 fordblue Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Congrats on sporting the Blue Candy Focus! You've been racking up a lot of miles for just two months of ownership. I have a little over 5,000 miles on mine since purchasing it in late April. Remember to keep it well maintained with these: http://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conten...iceCouponsPage. DCT for the win!

Hey, Pottski! Remember to grab this badge and upload it to your favorite social media sites: http://social.ford.com/grab-a-badge/focus/yes/. 31-32 MPG is expected at first. I'm now getting an average of 34-36 MPG every time I'm in it.

Thanks for putting your trust in us! We never lose our teenage behavior; it's just bottled up. I'm glad the Focus is squeezing it out of you. I think you and your wife should go on one of these: http://social.ford.com/grab-a-badge/road+trip/.

The Focus is rapidly spreading everywhere; admirers will always be welcome! Next time it happens, send them to their nearest Ford dealer for a test drive. As a matter of fact, I'd check out some service info: http://www.ford.ca/app/fo/en/parts_a...d/scheduled.do.

I was expecting to see John Tesh cruising in your Focus (Red Rocks joke)! Gotta say, I don't think you'll be able to get more "artsy" than taking photos at Red Rocks. Remember to make others drool right here: http://social.ford.com/.

Believe me, your adult years are coming; enjoy being a teenager while you can! However, if you treat your Focus right, it'll be good to you as well. If either side of you needs to add any accessories, check this site out: http://accessories.ford.com/.

Whoa, thanks for showing your support by coming over to Ford! Now, when can I take a spin in your Titanium? Remember to share your love with other fans and enthusiasts: http://social.ford.com/.

This is a good way to do it. Always remember our Ford Social site too: http://social.ford.com/.

Thanks for coming out of the shadows, craiger_bombs! Congrats on your recent purchase too! I recommend driving at different speeds; vary it up and you'll be golden. This will enable your transmission to break-in each gear respectively. Good to read fold-flat seats are a necessity for you, just as they are for me. I have a ton of gear I transport and love the extra space.

Thanks to all for sharing your Focus love!

Happy driving,

Thomas
Whatever you are smoking I want some!
Old 07-28-2012, 03:16 PM   #558
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 99230
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
Painted the brake calipers finally.
Old 07-28-2012, 04:12 PM   #559
macatron
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 65326
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Focus Ti Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 macatron Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMaiden View Post
Painted the brake calipers finally.
Looks great! I love your wheels too! It really sets everything off nicely. What percent tint is that btw? I'm guessing it's around 20%.
Old 07-29-2012, 05:27 PM   #560
Dylan1970
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100905
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Dylan1970 Good Standing Member
I am so glad everyone here likes their Focus....just be glad you don't have the transmission problems that I and alot of others are having.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->