Zx3_bmxrider's Mild Mannered Build Thread - Page 51 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom

Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom Post pictures and information of your Focus being built or your car images here. We want to see your Focus! More Images: Visit Our Online Ford Focus Gallery

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-21-2012, 04:25 PM   #501
AvieF
HN Sammich Maker

Fan#: 83452
What I Drive: '05 RED ZX5 SES/'06 Black Jetta GLI

FF Reputation: 12 AvieF Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx3_bmxrider View Post
Yeah it was. Well lets see. lol My amp is an 1800 watt boss onyx. But its 900 rms. the visonik subs I was using (they were won at focusfest) I think were only 200 rms or something like that...
well there's your first problem, it was a boss amp most say they are good I say they are crap. JMO ... is that amp bridgeable?

wood you guys lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2012, 04:34 PM   #502
stealthzx3
Enthusiast

Fan#: 94260
What I Drive: 2003 Black ZX3 SVT, 2001 Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 9 stealthzx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (22)
Stephen, the only thing i could think of why your old subs went bad is because you had the wrong amp. i blew my old 15" because it was a 4ohm sub and the amp was completely unmarked. so it was probably a 2ohm.

so that's what i imagine what happened. if you had matching ohms, i have no idea. lol

2003 EAP SVT #2752
Old 07-21-2012, 04:35 PM   #503
AvieF
HN Sammich Maker

that actually doesn't matter...it's how you have it set up. My amp is either 2ohm or 4ohm that's why I asked if it was bridgeable :P hehe. Sometimes it can depend on the speaker itself too...most can't handle low bass blah blah blah....but I've had shit speakers and I've had nice ones sooo....I dunno lol shitty wires can lead to a blown speaker to...
Old 07-22-2012, 12:25 PM   #504
zx3_bmxrider
Meh.

Fan#: 84231
What I Drive: 2001 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 9 zx3_bmxrider Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdbertrand View Post
my sony xplod 10 hits harder than any single 12 i've heard. and i'm only running 400 watts on a 1200 watt sub. i listen to everything too so i don't need bass all the time, just while showing off haha.
haha yep. Well thats good to know. Im excited to put them in. They should be here tuesday or wednesday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthzx3 View Post
wood for what ? lol rear seat delete?
Just for the floor of the hatch. But then I realized it would be pointless to do just the floor of the hatch when I want to do a rear seat delete one day. So I will just wait to do all of it at once, once that day comes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02fordsvt View Post
I like wood. lol

What are you up to?
No comment. lol Nothin much. Well actually now I need to fix this oil leak that started yesterday. I havent had ac in the car since I bought it, so I should fix that too. So basically just maintenance stuff.

Quote:
no comment..
diddo. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvieF View Post
well there's your first problem, it was a boss amp most say they are good I say they are crap. JMO ... is that amp bridgeable?

wood you guys lol
Uhhh idk. lol Yea well the first system I had (in the probe) was these 2 baja subs from the 80s or 90s. lol They were oldd. I bought a pyle amp and it always worked great. I gave that system to my gf at christmas. Then I got these subs at FF for free and bought the boss amp. I think they blew because the amp is too high powered for those subs. the subs were visoniks and they were cheap looking. But I wont complain cuz they were freeeeee. lol

Quote:
Stephen, the only thing i could think of why your old subs went bad is because you had the wrong amp. i blew my old 15" because it was a 4ohm sub and the amp was completely unmarked. so it was probably a 2ohm.

so that's what i imagine what happened. if you had matching ohms, i have no idea. lol
Yea I did some googling and if I found the right subs, they were 4 ohms and my amp is for sure a 4 ohm.

Quote:
that actually doesn't matter...it's how you have it set up. My amp is either 2ohm or 4ohm that's why I asked if it was bridgeable :P hehe. Sometimes it can depend on the speaker itself too...most can't handle low bass blah blah blah....but I've had shit speakers and I've had nice ones sooo....I dunno lol shitty wires can lead to a blown speaker to...
Systems are confusing. lol But I was thinking maybe the wires I had werent big enough. I cant remember what size they are.
Hatch Nation #92 || FocusXtreme || Zetec Crew #377 || Southeast Fanatics || Focus Factor || Rally Revolution #4
Old 07-22-2012, 12:55 PM   #505
eagle_eye735
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90674
What I Drive: 2005 ZX3, 1999 Triumph Sprint ST

FF Reputation: 2 eagle_eye735 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Hey man, I haven't checked on your thread in a while. Car is looking good. BTW I am pretty sure that shitty wires won't blow your subs, they will just cause distortion and interference
Hatch Nation #162
2005 Sonic Blue ZX3 SES
|K&N Typhoon CAI|Magnaflow Catback Exhaust|Megan Racing Springs|Front Strut Brace|SVT 21mm Rear Sway Bar|Prothane Bushings and Endlinks|Steeda STS|
Old 07-22-2012, 01:50 PM   #506
AvieF
HN Sammich Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_eye735 View Post
Hey man, I haven't checked on your thread in a while. Car is looking good. BTW I am pretty sure that shitty wires won't blow your subs, they will just cause distortion and interference
connections can cause shorts...ask me how I know. blew a sub for me but that was many many years ago. been installing stereos since forever not saying I'm right but it can happen.
Old 07-22-2012, 01:51 PM   #507
AvieF
HN Sammich Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx3_bmxrider View Post

Systems are confusing. lol But I was thinking maybe the wires I had werent big enough. I cant remember what size they are.
they can be lol I use 4 gauge for my power wire and my ground...always. if you ever have questions feel free to pm me about it
Old 07-22-2012, 02:34 PM   #508
eagle_eye735
Focus Addict

Quote:
connections can cause shorts...ask me how I know. blew a sub for me but that was many many years ago. been installing stereos since forever not saying I'm right but it can happen.
Gotcha, sorry I thought you were just saying that if you used thin wiring your subs with blow up. Shorted connections would do the trick.
Hatch Nation #162
2005 Sonic Blue ZX3 SES
|K&N Typhoon CAI|Magnaflow Catback Exhaust|Megan Racing Springs|Front Strut Brace|SVT 21mm Rear Sway Bar|Prothane Bushings and Endlinks|Steeda STS|
Old 07-22-2012, 03:57 PM   #509
AvieF
HN Sammich Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_eye735 View Post
Gotcha, sorry I thought you were just saying that if you used thin wiring your subs with blow up. Shorted connections would do the trick.
LOL noooooo sorry I shoulda clarified my bad
Old 07-22-2012, 09:23 PM   #510
eagle_eye735
Focus Addict

Quote:
LOL noooooo sorry I shoulda clarified my bad
Haha, all good, I was just doubting your intelligence for a little while there
Hatch Nation #162
2005 Sonic Blue ZX3 SES

Bookmarks & Social Networks