Dealer damage on new Focus - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson)

Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson) Discuss about special incentives and ordering information on the Focus & Focus ST.
Sponsored By: Phil Long Ford - Colorado's #1 Ford Dealer

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-18-2012, 07:56 PM   #21
bringler26
FUBARCUS

Fan#: 59705
What I Drive: 03 ZX3 & 07 Impreza 2.5i

FF Reputation: 29 bringler26 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
I believe it is actually on the right side and is just a small turn down
Originally Posted by zetecDon View Post
I always moderate naked!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2012, 01:17 AM   #22
WhiteTite
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100660
What I Drive: '13 Focus ST2. '12 Focus Ti

FF Reputation: 2 WhiteTite Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I'd pass unless they are willing to at least throw in the extended warranty or drop the price another grand...There is a Ford $1500 rebate you could use off the sticker price, I would think you could get that deal anywhere especially with the '13's coming out. All you have to do is go to another dealer and ask them to beat this deal...I went to three dealers and they all competed for my business, the end price was really close among the dealerships but I got a more options with this car for the money.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:32 AM   #23
Nik00117
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 58749
What I Drive: 2011 Fusion SEL, 2010 Road Glide

FF Reputation: 0 Nik00117 Newbie
Working in the industry for quite a few years now I've seen so many damaged vehicles in my time it's unreal. Fact is it's a part of the business, now a good reputable dealer has this issue down pact and know exactly how to fix it. Trust me all the cars are repaired and insured so your good to go.

If your truly concerned hire an independent mechanic to inspect the repair work himself.

In addition demand a $500 discount (be happy if you settle at $300) however only do this if the repair work is acceptable.

Quote:
I'd pass unless they are willing to at least throw in the extended warranty or drop the price another grand...There is a Ford $1500 rebate you could use off the sticker price, I would think you could get that deal anywhere especially with the '13's coming out. All you have to do is go to another dealer and ask them to beat this deal...I went to three dealers and they all competed for my business, the end price was really close among the dealerships but I got a more options with this car for the money.
I don't think you've ever sold cars so allow me to break it down

MSRP is $18,695 generally

At a profit margin of about 1.5% to 2.0% we are looking at maxium profit of $375~

The price is $17,100 with taxes and title included which is about a $1,350 value. So really MSRP with TTL is $20,045

So your saying $1,000 off? After the repair work has been done? Are you insane? Ok I could see $500 off maybe most likely $300.

Also all this concern about paint matching, I know a body shop here in Korea who has been paint matching perfectly american vehicles for decades now. If some old korean dude can do it in Korea then I'm sure a dealership in the states can do it as well.

I've seen repairs like this done in the past, successfully.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:00 AM   #24
laned
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 101442
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Manual Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 laned Good Standing Member
Thanks for the advice Nik00117,

Here's a question for everyone as well... I know insurance will cover the vehicle damages/repairs but in the case of an considerable accident involving a new vehicle will insurance also cover any diminished value on the vehicle? If so, I'd expect that the dealer wouldn't have too much of a problem dropping the price in accordance with what the dealer is giving them for diminished value.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:15 AM   #25
WhiteTite
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik00117 View Post

At a profit margin of about 1.5% to 2.0% we are looking at maxium profit of $375~
You're right...never sold cars. My dealer tried to tell me this exact same thing...however, there is NO WAY the dealer can pay for a multi million dollar building and the staff on a 2% profit...there would have to be a steady stream of cars leaving that lot. Its amazing how creative they can get to make the deal go through, perhaps there is money on the back end of these deals too. I got mine $2000 under sticker so I don't know about your theory.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:02 PM   #26
laned
Focus Rookie

Just got off the phone with the dealer once again and the vehicle should be fixed by Friday, so I can see it on Saturday it looks like. Talking to the dealer though they're telling me they can't do anything on the price without hurting their bottom line which I feel is ridiculous especially because I'm dealing with a large, well known dealership. I'm about ready to go contact another dealer on a car or contact Ford and see what can possibly be done.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:08 PM   #27
WhiteTite
Focus Enthusiast

^^Especially if the Ford body shop is fixing it and charging the guy's insurance that hit it...there's some more profit they can give you to make a sweeter deal...I'm sure as mentioned beforehand that vehicles are fixed all the time prior to sale, but...most don't know about it and you do....
Old 07-20-2012, 01:27 AM   #28
Nik00117
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 58749
What I Drive: 2011 Fusion SEL, 2010 Road Glide

FF Reputation: 0 Nik00117 Newbie
Quote:
You're right...never sold cars. My dealer tried to tell me this exact same thing...however, there is NO WAY the dealer can pay for a multi million dollar building and the staff on a 2% profit...there would have to be a steady stream of cars leaving that lot. Its amazing how creative they can get to make the deal go through, perhaps there is money on the back end of these deals too. I got mine $2000 under sticker so I don't know about your theory.
It's true, and $2,000 under sticker is completely possibly called rebates/dealer hold backs which does exist.

When it comes to out of pocket costs such as repairs, etc profits get eaten up really quick.

Quote:
Talking to the dealer though they're telling me they can't do anything on the price without hurting their bottom line which I feel is ridiculous especially because I'm dealing with a large, well known dealership.
Sell it to them, say look "Here you have all this time invested in me and the vehicle and some unforeseen circumstances happened. Now I as a customer am stuck with a less then happy buying experience. I'm still willing to get the car but you guys should pony up some cash in return for me staying with you and not simply walking away. The vehicle was in an accident, you repaired it great now I want $500 cash back for all the inconvenience this has caused me and my family and if this doesn't happen I'll contact Ford Customer Service file a compliant, have my money refunded and purchase from another dealer, maybe even a different brand.

They'll see it as $500 to keep you happy

Also mention that you understand in life shit happens, but if this fix this problem with you you'd tell me they are a stand up dealer.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:46 PM   #29
laned
Focus Rookie

Yeah, I managed to get a hold of Ford Motor companies customer service center and I've already filed a complaint against the dealer through Ford mostly for the all the loops they have me jumping through (should have been a pretty straight forward deal to begin with and I should have had a car 2 weeks ago) as well as an issue with their insurance that I for the life of me couldn't figure it.

I had talked to one of the two sales reps yesterday about the incident and what we can work out on with the price and was told they can't do anything with the price, and it's take it or leave kind of deal at this point. When I questioned them about their insurance on the vehicle I was told that they're not having insurance cover the incident and that they're paying for the repairs out of pocket which is better for me as it means the damage won't show up on any VIN number review search (carfax, etc.) which to me seems horribly unethical especially if I go to sell the car in the future, granted I would alert the buyer about the incident. Another thing I was told was that the person who supposedly hit the car did not have an ID on them at the time of the accident so their insurance is not being used if they had any to begin with.

I did talk to Ford Motor company some more about further rebates they may be able to offer me for buying an already damaged vehicle from one of their dealers and understandably they couldn't really do much as dealers are privately owned/operated.

I did however manage to get a hold of the sales manager (he seems to be the only guy with common sense at the dealership) and talked to him about the incident and what can be done to fix this situation. It turns out though that the sales reps surpassed him and went straight to the general manager about everything so the dealership seems to be at a bit of a stalemate over this whole deal. I am waiting on a phone call from the sales manager today and we'll see what happens.

I've already begun to call other dealers in the area to see if they can match the price on a "new" vehicle with the same setup, if they can and the current dealer won't budge on their price, I'd much rather spend my money elsewhere.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:14 PM   #30
laned
Focus Rookie

Talked to the General Manager over at Classic Ford and he told me I was out of my mind when I asked for $500 off the previously agreed on price so I found a good deal on another sedan through Mullinax Ford (Same vehicle options except it has the 203a option and not the 202a option) for $17,370 out the door and am getting that vehicle instead. So thanks for your help everyone, I should be able to able to pick it up tomorrow, I'll be sure to post some pictures.

Ohh and one last thing, the dealer I had been dealing with decided it was okay for them to cash my bank check before we ever fully reached an agreement on whether or not I'd take the damaged car so now I've got to wait to for their reimbursement check to clear before I can pick up the other car at mullinax. I'm just happy this whole mess is almost over.

Bookmarks & Social Networks