My Ford Touch Thread - Page 197 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-18-2012, 06:58 PM   #1961
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggerBoat View Post
I hear what you are saying but don't totally agree. I bought a desktop computer about 6 years ago with Win XP. It works well for me so it is still on there and has not lost features for 6 years. If I decided to upgrade to Vista or 7, sure, I would lose some features, gain some features. In this case the sold version MFT was so unstable, I was pretty much forced to update to a significantly different version 10 months in.

Where I agree with you is that I would actually prefer the volume be on the lower rocker since I adjust vol far more than any favorites would be used and my hands are always down near the rocker (not 10 and 2 bwahaha ).
I agree with you, but at the end of the day the upgrade was still your choice, some people decided to stick it out with 2.11 and even some with 2.10. I upgraded for the stability and now it's largely there, I see more replicable bugs now than actual system instability.
Sonic Crew #28 | Rally Revolution #117
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2012, 06:50 AM   #1962
Black Bengal
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95110
What I Drive: '09 black SES & '12 tux black ti

FF Reputation: 2 Black Bengal Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
but at the end of the day the upgrade was still your choice
In my case, the original version was so unstable that my MFT system was virtually unusable. I guess I did choose to upgrade, but I really had no choice if I wanted to use the MFT at all. In my opinion, that is not really a choice at all.

The fact is that Ford should do the right thing & offer a new upgrade that will restore function & eliminate the bugs.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:59 AM   #1963
Nick Markham
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100866
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 Nick Markham Good Standing Member
Quote:
You also have the ability to navigate to screens you'd set as favorites as well, you just navigate to those screens, but the idea of being hands-free or at least having to interact with the center stack controls as little as possible while driving is the whole draw of the system and voice commands, I can adjust my radio volume from my wheel, and I never use my "favorite" buttons, I'm merely suggesting that because the bluetooth controls are all there, why not be able to adjust volume as well as an option?
You can't customize the favorites buttons anymore with the MFT upgrade, I can only pull of the four corners screen with one and the servies screen with the other.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:31 AM   #1964
macatron
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 65326
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Focus Ti Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 macatron Good Standing Member
Quote:

I don't understand, if this Sync System with AppLink works well enough (it does, I got some quality time with my buddies GT500 this weekend and it had this equipped) and this system literally does everything our current system does... including media, bluetooth, climate, and SYNC w/ nav... why didn't they just borrow the code from this system and wrap in a fancy new interface to give us MFT? After seeing that Ford had a system that worked better all along, I'm THAT much more disappointed with MFT...

10 and 2 is the rule, your hand shouldn't be that low if we're talking handbook driving, lol. :D

Either way, seemingly the stars/favorites are gone for good. The new Escape has Home and Info buttons, the new 2013 Focus pictures I've seen are starting to show Home and Info as well.

Either way, I view this change like I view updates to my computer/tablet/phone, new operating system version means new changes, removed/added features, new look, etc. this IS a computer, features will be lost or added depending on customer feedback and internal testing/reasons (not that they did much testing, apparently) so I don't care one way or another if I get them back, I never used them much to be honest anyway, and still don't now. I'd rather have a call volume up/down rocker instead, since that's the bluetooth control side and sometimes highway driving makes it hard to hear the other person.

Just my .02, I can see/understand the frustration for those of you who used the favorite buttons often though.
So is this the successor of MFT, or is this a different system entirely? If it's the former, have you seen anything about this making its way to our vehicles? Thanks!
Old 07-19-2012, 12:36 PM   #1965
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by macatron View Post
So is this the successor of MFT, or is this a different system entirely? If it's the former, have you seen anything about this making its way to our vehicles? Thanks!
This is actually the predecessor of MFT, this is the original SYNC w/ Nav system found in the Gen1 SYNC vehicles like the Mustang. The one I used this past weekend was in my buddies GT500, and it worked great, Nav was smooth (resolution wasn't great though, lots of jagged edges on the map) the media player was great, the EQ bars are really cool and are actually functioning real time, not just an idle animation while music plays. You can control your phone, climate, the Nav of course (and SYNC services I'd imagine) and as the picture shows your media as well.

Why they didn't just re-use code that worked is beyond me, but this system is older and works better.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:00 PM   #1966
macatron
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 65326
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Focus Ti Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 macatron Good Standing Member
Quote:
This is actually the predecessor of MFT, this is the original SYNC w/ Nav system found in the Gen1 SYNC vehicles like the Mustang. The one I used this past weekend was in my buddies GT500, and it worked great, Nav was smooth (resolution wasn't great though, lots of jagged edges on the map) the media player was great, the EQ bars are really cool and are actually functioning real time, not just an idle animation while music plays. You can control your phone, climate, the Nav of course (and SYNC services I'd imagine) and as the picture shows your media as well.

Why they didn't just re-use code that worked is beyond me, but this system is older and works better.
Ahhh, gotcha. Thanks for the clarification. :-) Hopefully the rumors I've been reading about the new MFT using a version of Windows 8, as an underlying OS, are true. That might turn out to be pretty nice!!
Old 07-21-2012, 01:15 AM   #1967
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by macatron View Post
Ahhh, gotcha. Thanks for the clarification. :-) Hopefully the rumors I've been reading about the new MFT using a version of Windows 8, as an underlying OS, are true. That might turn out to be pretty nice!!
If our vehicles support the update, yeah I agree, that would be a nice update
Old 07-21-2012, 04:03 PM   #1968
Dialed
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100454
What I Drive: '12 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Dialed Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
Ran into a new one last night...

We were at a drive-in theater (engine off, radio on) and this popped up. I had to restart the car to get it to go away. There was no sign of it being a battery/discharge problem, as the MFT system remained on, but maybe there's some connection there?

Have any of you seen this before?

This thread is the only mention I see on here.
I got that once when I was changing my fogs and had the front of my car raised up. Assuming that was normal though.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:45 AM   #1969
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
OK, so MFT/Nav has decided to go back to doing its little thing where it decides I am in Michigan every morning instead of my driveway in upstate NY. Happened about a month after the update for a few days and then seemed to stop. I don't remember if I did a reset or it just fixed itself.

Anyhow, it is back to it I guess. I have been in Michigan every morning this week when I fired the car up. I ran the delayed reboot yesterday but it didn't seem to help as I was in Michigan again this morning.

Now here is the weird part. I never really paid attention before other than the first time this happened I zoomed out on the map just to figure out about where I was (and was surprised to find myself in another state). Today I happened to note some of the locations on the map and saw things like "Mercury Dr." and "Ford Woods Park". The words Mercury and Ford on the map? Google mapped and checked when I got into work and it turns out that this thing is placing me right in the heart of Ford-central each morning. Next time I am going to take a picture of the map and see if I can pinpoint exactly where it is putting me, at which facility exactly. Some Ford default location? Where my car was built? Where testing on MFT was done? Don't know but I have to figure it out.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:02 AM   #1970
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 21 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
OK, so MFT/Nav has decided to go back to doing its little thing where it decides I am in Michigan every morning instead of my driveway in upstate NY.

Now here is the weird part. I never really paid attention before other than the first time this happened I zoomed out on the map just to figure out about where I was (and was surprised to find myself in another state). Today I happened to note some of the locations on the map and saw things like "Mercury Dr." and "Ford Woods Park". The words Mercury and Ford on the map? Google mapped and checked when I got into work and it turns out that this thing is placing me right in the heart of Ford-central each morning. Next time I am going to take a picture of the map and see if I can pinpoint exactly where it is putting me, at which facility exactly. Some Ford default location? Where my car was built? Where testing on MFT was done? Don't know but I have to figure it out.
Mercury Drive intersects Ford Road, Ford Woods park is off of Greenfield road north and east of Mercury Drive in Dearborn, Michigan.

There are a few Ford facilities near there, but the closest one I can think of off the top of my head is Regent Court, but there are others near there, although the Headquarters isn't exactly near that intersection (Ford Road and Mercury Dr.).

It wouldn't be near the plant, as the plant is west of there in Wayne, off of Michigan Avenue.

Bookmarks & Social Networks