My Ford Touch Thread - Page 196 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-15-2012, 02:37 AM   #1951
Ti2012
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 99307
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Ti

FF Reputation: 1 Ti2012 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
Ran into a new one last night...

We were at a drive-in theater (engine off, radio on) and this popped up. I had to restart the car to get it to go away. There was no sign of it being a battery/discharge problem, as the MFT system remained on, but maybe there's some connection there?

Have any of you seen this before?

This thread is the only mention I see on here.
Constantly, since the day I brought mine home. Happens when the car is off, ignition off (radio on before you open a door), and happens when ignition is on, car not running. One thing I'm really disliking about the push button start. We were sitting outside the car, and the kids were in the hatch area, and I had to start the car 3-4 times tonight.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2012, 05:09 AM   #1952
LMMT_
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 97850
What I Drive: 12 Sterling SEL

Points 7, Level 1
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1
Level Up 13% Completed
Level up: 13% Level up: 13% Level up: 13%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 LMMT_ Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
Ran into a new one last night...

We were at a drive-in theater (engine off, radio on) and this popped up. I had to restart the car to get it to go away. There was no sign of it being a battery/discharge problem, as the MFT system remained on, but maybe there's some connection there?

Have any of you seen this before?

This thread is the only mention I see on here.
I've had this issue, since I bought the car. It's been looked at several times, by the dealer I purchased the car from. I consulted (by phone) just about every Ford dealer service department in the Houston region, no help. I did the procedure, to disable vehicle transport mode, and the car responded with proper prompt, letting me know the procedure was a success, but it would still go into vehicle transport mode, within a few minutes of engine off, with the key in accessory position. I tested my battery several times, but it always tested good. I discovered, that if I bumped the battery, while it was being load tested, it would sometimes fail. I took the car to a Master Service Advisor, that seemed knowledgeable, at another dealership, that I'd talked to previously, and explained everything. Eventually they reproduced the problem, and replaced the battery. I haven't had any problems since.

Sent from my EVO using FF Mobile
Old 07-15-2012, 05:42 PM   #1953
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

Points 3,271, Level 35
Points: 3,271, Level: 35 Points: 3,271, Level: 35 Points: 3,271, Level: 35
Level Up 48% Completed
Level up: 48% Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member

I don't understand, if this Sync System with AppLink works well enough (it does, I got some quality time with my buddies GT500 this weekend and it had this equipped) and this system literally does everything our current system does... including media, bluetooth, climate, and SYNC w/ nav... why didn't they just borrow the code from this system and wrap in a fancy new interface to give us MFT? After seeing that Ford had a system that worked better all along, I'm THAT much more disappointed with MFT...

Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
I'm not holding my breath, not if they are switching it to home and info icons instead of stars going forward. Not a chance we'll get it back. If we end up having no choice though I'd honestly rather have volume there than home and info because those are meaningless to me. Volume would be nice since that is where my hands are as a rule anyway. More convenient for me I guess but still not as convenient as having what I was sold and paid for.
10 and 2 is the rule, your hand shouldn't be that low if we're talking handbook driving, lol. :D

Either way, seemingly the stars/favorites are gone for good. The new Escape has Home and Info buttons, the new 2013 Focus pictures I've seen are starting to show Home and Info as well.

Either way, I view this change like I view updates to my computer/tablet/phone, new operating system version means new changes, removed/added features, new look, etc. this IS a computer, features will be lost or added depending on customer feedback and internal testing/reasons (not that they did much testing, apparently) so I don't care one way or another if I get them back, I never used them much to be honest anyway, and still don't now. I'd rather have a call volume up/down rocker instead, since that's the bluetooth control side and sometimes highway driving makes it hard to hear the other person.

Just my .02, I can see/understand the frustration for those of you who used the favorite buttons often though.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 07-15-2012, 06:22 PM   #1954
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post

I don't understand, if this Sync System with AppLink works well enough (it does, I got some quality time with my buddies GT500 this weekend and it had this equipped) and this system literally does everything our current system does... including media, bluetooth, climate, and SYNC w/ nav... why didn't they just borrow the code from this system and wrap in a fancy new interface to give us MFT? After seeing that Ford had a system that worked better all along, I'm THAT much more disappointed with MFT...

10 and 2 is the rule, your hand shouldn't be that low if we're talking handbook driving, lol. :D

Either way, seemingly the stars/favorites are gone for good. The new Escape has Home and Info buttons, the new 2013 Focus pictures I've seen are starting to show Home and Info as well.

Either way, I view this change like I view updates to my computer/tablet/phone, new operating system version means new changes, removed/added features, new look, etc. this IS a computer, features will be lost or added depending on customer feedback and internal testing/reasons (not that they did much testing, apparently) so I don't care one way or another if I get them back, I never used them much to be honest anyway, and still don't now. I'd rather have a call volume up/down rocker instead, since that's the bluetooth control side and sometimes highway driving makes it hard to hear the other person.

Just my .02, I can see/understand the frustration for those of you who used the favorite buttons often though.
You have a call volume function already. Just turn the volume knob when in a call, it's independent of the stereo.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:39 PM   #1955
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Points 3,271, Level 35
Level Up 48% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven456 View Post
You have a call volume function already. Just turn the volume knob when in a call, it's independent of the stereo.
You also have the ability to navigate to screens you'd set as favorites as well, you just navigate to those screens, but the idea of being hands-free or at least having to interact with the center stack controls as little as possible while driving is the whole draw of the system and voice commands, I can adjust my radio volume from my wheel, and I never use my "favorite" buttons, I'm merely suggesting that because the bluetooth controls are all there, why not be able to adjust volume as well as an option?
Sonic Crew #28
Old 07-16-2012, 07:53 AM   #1956
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Hah, I did 10 and 2 once - on my driving test many, many years ago.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:24 PM   #1957
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Points 3,271, Level 35
Level Up 48% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Hah, I did 10 and 2 once - on my driving test many, many years ago.
Yep, sounds about right, lol. I'm usually driving one handed, I'm so used to how I drove my 6-speed MS3 that I usually just keep a hand on the shifter.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 07-17-2012, 01:33 PM   #1958
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95657
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mattphoto Good Standing Member
I have all but given up on using voice to find POIs. It just keeps freezing and skipping screens. That iphone APP is so helpful though. I just wish I didn't have to log in AND type out my complete e-mail when logging in every time I use it. Kind of a pain in the ass. Once, in it's wonderful!
Old 07-17-2012, 03:23 PM   #1959
Ti2012
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 99307
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Ti

FF Reputation: 1 Ti2012 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattphoto View Post
I have all but given up on using voice to find POIs. It just keeps freezing and skipping screens. That iphone APP is so helpful though. I just wish I didn't have to log in AND type out my complete e-mail when logging in every time I use it. Kind of a pain in the ass. Once, in it's wonderful!
There's an iphone app for Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome?
Old 07-18-2012, 08:56 AM   #1960
BiggerBoat
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85913
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 BiggerBoat Good Standing Member
Quote:

Either way, I view this change like I view updates to my computer/tablet/phone, new operating system version means new changes, removed/added features, new look, etc. this IS a computer, features will be lost or added depending on customer feedback and internal testing/reasons (not that they did much testing, apparently) ........

I hear what you are saying but don't totally agree. I bought a desktop computer about 6 years ago with Win XP. It works well for me so it is still on there and has not lost features for 6 years. If I decided to upgrade to Vista or 7, sure, I would lose some features, gain some features. In this case the sold version MFT was so unstable, I was pretty much forced to update to a significantly different version 10 months in.

Where I agree with you is that I would actually prefer the volume be on the lower rocker since I adjust vol far more than any favorites would be used and my hands are always down near the rocker (not 10 and 2 bwahaha ).

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.