2012 Focus Ford Racing Handling Kit - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-15-2012, 01:54 PM   #11
NRG_Zeal
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95088
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum SEL hatch

FF Reputation: 1 NRG_Zeal Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumStick View Post
Looking forward to updates. You didn't happen to ask FR about the M-5210-FO shifter, did you?
I did not. I have the DCT so shifters aren't on my radar.

My ballpark price-wise is taking into account the springs cost $225 and the Fiesta handling kit(springs, shocks, struts) costs 300. Considering the price of the springs plus what the shocks and struts would be, not to mention the roll bars, I'm gonna guess around $800-$1000. Of course I could be WAY off on this since the price given in Australia is 1300.

Still kinda surprised that the Fiesta kit is 300 though, maybe the Focus kit is gonna be as affordable?

(I'm hoping its closer to 800. That seems very reasonable to me considering this is a new car)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2012, 02:05 PM   #12
Bimmer-Bob
Focus Addict

Fan#: 98064
What I Drive: 2010 BMW 128i; 2012 Focus SE Sport

FF Reputation: 3 Bimmer-Bob Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRG_Zeal View Post

My ballpark price-wise is taking into account the springs cost $225 and the Fiesta handling kit(springs, shocks, struts) costs 300. Considering the price of the springs plus what the shocks and struts would be, not to mention the roll bars, I'm gonna guess around $800-$1000. Of course I could be WAY off on this since the price given in Australia is 1300.

Still kinda surprised that the Fiesta kit is 300 though, maybe the Focus kit is gonna be as affordable?

(I'm hoping its closer to 800. That seems very reasonable to me considering this is a new car)
Yeah, the Fiesta kit is insanely cheap. It's barely more than just springs would be. But like you said, the Focus kit also gets the anti-roll bars. But still, it seems like the Focus kit shouldn't be that much more, maybe.

Interestingly, they actually offer three suspension kits for the Fiesta: the basic handling kit, an autocross kit (which just looks like a rebranded Bilstein PSS kit), and a B-spec kit, which is a true four corner coil-over kit. I wish the Focus had that kind of support from FRPP.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:44 PM   #13
TiStick
Boob Whisperer

Fan#: 96514
What I Drive: Like yours, only better

FF Reputation: 16 TiStick Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dink7898 View Post
What kind of shifter is this? I tried to google the part number but didn't come up with anything.
This is from the Warranty page in the FRPP catalog. The listing is of items in the catalog that DO NOT void any part of the OE new car warranty. This is the only mention of this shifter in the catalog, but they have other STS's for Mustang and Fiesta listed. Future part? No telling yet. BTW, I fat fingered the PN in my previous post
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #11
Hatch Nation#163
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Watch out for the D
Old 07-15-2012, 05:16 PM   #14
Bimmer-Bob
Focus Addict

Fan#: 98064
What I Drive: 2010 BMW 128i; 2012 Focus SE Sport

FF Reputation: 3 Bimmer-Bob Good Standing Member
An OEM-ish SSK would be awesome for this car. The MTX-75 is a really nice gearbox as is IMO with a nice shifter feel, but slightly shorter throws definitely wouldn't hurt.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:28 PM   #15
Dink7898
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 100979
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver SE 5-door MT

FF Reputation: 1 Dink7898 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumStick View Post
This is from the Warranty page in the FRPP catalog. The listing is of items in the catalog that DO NOT void any part of the OE new car warranty. This is the only mention of this shifter in the catalog, but they have other STS's for Mustang and Fiesta listed. Future part? No telling yet. BTW, I fat fingered the PN in my previous post
Thanks for the info and good find.

2012 SE Sport 5dr Ingot Silver MT:
Purchased 6/25/12 with 30 miles.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:50 PM   #16
unida767
Sonic Mk3 Crew #08

Fan#: 95574
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Powershift SEP

FF Reputation: 10 unida767 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRG_Zeal View Post

Shipping will inflate my price in Aus unfortuantely - you lucky Americans
Old 09-20-2012, 06:00 PM   #17
NRG_Zeal
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95088
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum SEL hatch

FF Reputation: 1 NRG_Zeal Good Standing Member
Well the kit has been released, Along with a couple of new 2012 parts like the axle-back exhaust and matte-black 18" rims.

I'm still recovering a bit from what the price of the kit actually is... $985 USD and that is, I assume, without the installation cost:

http://fordracingparts.com/parts/par...KeyField=13501

With this price I'm not gonna be able to get this installed for a while.

Heres the other parts if anyones interested:
Axel-back exhaust
http://fordracingparts.com/parts/par...KeyField=22922

18" Ford Racing wheels
http://fordracingparts.com/parts/par...KeyField=22347

I'll keep posting if I suddenly am able to install the kit. It still seems like a great all-around kit for the mk3
Old 09-20-2012, 07:22 PM   #18
DEREKC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 82958
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 DEREKC Good Standing Member
I also called Ford Racing and was given more details on the kit. He did state that some of the parts had Euro part numbers. The springs are the M-5300-S that are already available on the Ford Racing Parts website. The kit also comes with both front and back Shocks/Struts, and both front and back stability bars. The bushings and all of the misc hardware is also included so that every piece is replace during the installation.

I will be giving Steve a call at Tousley Ford tomorrow to order the kit. The new ETA is 12 October 2012. http://tousleyfordparts.com
Old 09-20-2012, 09:29 PM   #19
Ox-y-GenIII
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90008
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 Ox-y-GenIII Good Standing Member
Ya Tousley Ford is about 40 minutes drive from me, and they always have the best deals. That and I don't pay shipping. I'll see what they can do. If I get this is wait til spring and tax time.

2012 Oxford White Focus Hatchback
Dyno #'s 164.35 HP 147.12 TQ
Old 09-22-2012, 05:47 PM   #20
jamnesta
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 93256
What I Drive: 2012 Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 jamnesta Good Standing Member
What would you do about the turning radius limits when adding the Matte Black 18' Ford Racing Wheels to a non handling package Focus? Apparently without these limits you would turn the rotating wheels into suspension components when rounding a corner

Bookmarks & Social Networks