DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2012, 09:12 PM   #10
reddog093
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 87287
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue SE

FF Reputation: 1 reddog093 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbdallas View Post
I've had mine since 6/15 but it only has about 400 miles on it, and it seems to be a little smoother every time I drive it. I do keep it in "S" though, and that in itself exhibits some weird behavior.
I've been having a different behavior with S-mode this week. I mainly use my car for commuting & usually use it in D. Lately, I've been leaving it in S-Mode more often. Car has 11,500 miles and is a little over a year old.

Twice this week, while braking from about 30-40mph and then accelerating, the car didn't kick back into gear. It just stayed in neutral and the car revved.

Once was on a flat city street where a car cut me off near an intersection. I ended up breaking to about 10mph (not a full stop and brakes weren't "slammed"), but traffic was still moving. It just coasted around 10mph with the engine revving freely. I changed from S to D and it picked a gear and went fine.

The other happened today while coming to an exit on a parkway. Again, the car was going around 40mph and I slowed down in my exit lane for an easy turn. While coming through the turn, I went to give the car a bit of gas and nothing happened. It just revved again. I ended up lightly applying the brakes (but keeping it in S) and it kicked back into gear.

I have to bring the car in for that windshield wiper seal (or something like that) recall soon, so I'm going to ask them to take a look at the car. I got it back in late June of 2011, so it's just a bit over a year old. I had Ford apply the transmission update last fall or so (not sure when it was done). Other than that, it hasn't been back at a dealership. I had my local mechanic do a synthetic oil change at about 3,500 miles and around 10,000 miles along with a tire rotation.

S-mode seems to be very quirky!

Bookmarks & Social Networks