DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread - Page 133 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-14-2012, 09:12 PM   #1321
reddog093
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 87287
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue SE

FF Reputation: 1 reddog093 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbdallas View Post
I've had mine since 6/15 but it only has about 400 miles on it, and it seems to be a little smoother every time I drive it. I do keep it in "S" though, and that in itself exhibits some weird behavior.
I've been having a different behavior with S-mode this week. I mainly use my car for commuting & usually use it in D. Lately, I've been leaving it in S-Mode more often. Car has 11,500 miles and is a little over a year old.

Twice this week, while braking from about 30-40mph and then accelerating, the car didn't kick back into gear. It just stayed in neutral and the car revved.

Once was on a flat city street where a car cut me off near an intersection. I ended up breaking to about 10mph (not a full stop and brakes weren't "slammed"), but traffic was still moving. It just coasted around 10mph with the engine revving freely. I changed from S to D and it picked a gear and went fine.

The other happened today while coming to an exit on a parkway. Again, the car was going around 40mph and I slowed down in my exit lane for an easy turn. While coming through the turn, I went to give the car a bit of gas and nothing happened. It just revved again. I ended up lightly applying the brakes (but keeping it in S) and it kicked back into gear.

I have to bring the car in for that windshield wiper seal (or something like that) recall soon, so I'm going to ask them to take a look at the car. I got it back in late June of 2011, so it's just a bit over a year old. I had Ford apply the transmission update last fall or so (not sure when it was done). Other than that, it hasn't been back at a dealership. I had my local mechanic do a synthetic oil change at about 3,500 miles and around 10,000 miles along with a tire rotation.

S-mode seems to be very quirky!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2012, 02:05 PM   #1322
kjl2012
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97883
What I Drive: 2012 se black

FF Reputation: 1 kjl2012 Good Standing Member
Dose anybody have the adaptive drive cycle procedure for dct.
Old 07-15-2012, 02:14 PM   #1323
VOLDAR
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90444
What I Drive: Volt 2014, White Diamond

FF Reputation: 3 VOLDAR Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjl2012 View Post
Here it is (same topic, a lot of pages back).

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...ng#post4122972
---replaced by---
Chevy Volt 2014, White Diamond, Luxury Package, S1, Navigation.
Old 07-15-2012, 02:44 PM   #1324
kjl2012
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97883
What I Drive: 2012 se black

FF Reputation: 1 kjl2012 Good Standing Member
thanks
Old 07-17-2012, 12:06 AM   #1325
RFrench6646
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 101073
What I Drive: 2012 SEL Sonic Blue, Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 RFrench6646 Good Standing Member
My First Service Complete

Just had my Focus in for it's first oil change/check-up. My dealership did a very good job in explaining the Tranny, and it's issues. Pretty much quoting what many of the fine posters on this site have said. I'm at 4100 miles, and the shuddering has all but ceased. Just a slight shudder now, if I allow it to roll off of a stoplight, without applying pedal. But if I give it a bit of gas, she just grabs, and goes. The other day I was at a red light, and dropped it to S mode, when the light turned green, I popped thru the first 4 gears letting it rev to almost redline, and was completely amazed how smooth, and fast the acceleration was. 0 to 60 was a blur! The dealership has placed me on an instant notice list in case ant TSB's or other items pop up. And I have a rep from FoMoCo messaging me here as well. So I have got my confidence level up from 75% to 99% in my new ride. Thanks to all here who have posted the wonderfully infomative info on here. I hope to be a help as well!
Old 07-18-2012, 11:20 AM   #1326
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddog093 View Post
I've been having a different behavior with S-mode this week. I mainly use my car for commuting & usually use it in D. Lately, I've been leaving it in S-Mode more often. Car has 11,500 miles and is a little over a year old.

Twice this week, while braking from about 30-40mph and then accelerating, the car didn't kick back into gear. It just stayed in neutral and the car revved....

...I have to bring the car in for that windshield wiper seal (or something like that) recall soon, so I'm going to ask them to take a look at the car. I got it back in late June of 2011, so it's just a bit over a year old. I had Ford apply the transmission update last fall or so (not sure when it was done). Other than that, it hasn't been back at a dealership...
I recommend making an appointment as soon as possible. In addition, please send me your VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealer information by PM; I'll let your Customer Service Manager know about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjl2012 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLDAR View Post
Here it is (same topic, a lot of pages back).

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...ng#post4122972
Hey guys -

Where did you get this information from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFrench6646 View Post
Just had my Focus in for it's first oil change/check-up. My dealership did a very good job in explaining the Tranny, and it's issues. Pretty much quoting what many of the fine posters on this site have said. I'm at 4100 miles, and the shuddering has all but ceased...So I have got my confidence level up from 75% to 99% in my new ride. Thanks to all here who have posted the wonderfully infomative info on here. I hope to be a help as well!
Thanks for the update! I think I've responded to this two other times already; once in another forum and once by PM! LOL Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Have a good Wednesday,

Thomas

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 07-18-2012, 11:24 AM   #1327
ricomtl
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97818
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatch Tx. Black

FF Reputation: 1 ricomtl Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddog093 View Post

Twice this week, while braking from about 30-40mph and then accelerating, the car didn't kick back into gear. It just stayed in neutral and the car revved.

Once was on a flat city street where a car cut me off near an intersection. I ended up breaking to about 10mph (not a full stop and brakes weren't "slammed"), but traffic was still moving. It just coasted around 10mph with the engine revving freely. I changed from S to D and it picked a gear and went fine.

The other happened today while coming to an exit on a parkway. Again, the car was going around 40mph and I slowed down in my exit lane for an easy turn. While coming through the turn, I went to give the car a bit of gas and nothing happened. It just revved again. I ended up lightly applying the brakes (but keeping it in S) and it kicked back into gear.

I have to bring the car in for that windshield wiper seal (or something like that) recall soon, so I'm going to ask them to take a look at the car. I got it back in late June of 2011, so it's just a bit over a year old. I had Ford apply the transmission update last fall or so (not sure when it was done). Other than that, it hasn't been back at a dealership. I had my local mechanic do a synthetic oil change at about 3,500 miles and around 10,000 miles along with a tire rotation.

S-mode seems to be very quirky!
funny that you bring that up. I just experienced the same behavior last night when driving in S-mode for the first time since my re-flash. I braked, and the gear did not change... it felt really ackward. I had to switch back to D again.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:23 PM   #1328
VOLDAR
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90444
What I Drive: Volt 2014, White Diamond

FF Reputation: 3 VOLDAR Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hey guys -

Where did you get this information from?

Thomas
Hi Thomas,

It seems it is from a Ford service shop, see here.
---replaced by---
Chevy Volt 2014, White Diamond, Luxury Package, S1, Navigation.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:27 PM   #1329
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricomtl View Post
funny that you bring that up. I just experienced the same behavior last night when driving in S-mode for the first time since my re-flash. I braked, and the gear did not change... it felt really ackward. I had to switch back to D again.
If the transmission skips after being broken in, you may need to take it to the dealer for an inspection. If you'd like, please shoot me a PM with your VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealership information; I'll loop in your Customer Service Manager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLDAR View Post
Hi Thomas,

It seems it is from a Ford service shop, see here.
Ah, this makes sense; you're sitting pretty if it's Ford approved! Thanks for the link.

Enjoy the weekend,

Thomas

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 07-20-2012, 03:59 PM   #1330
unfocused1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95246
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 2 unfocused1 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFrench6646 View Post
Just had my Focus in for it's first oil change/check-up. My dealership did a very good job in explaining the Tranny, and it's issues. Pretty much quoting what many of the fine posters on this site have said. I'm at 4100 miles, and the shuddering has all but ceased. Just a slight shudder now, if I allow it to roll off of a stoplight, without applying pedal. But if I give it a bit of gas, she just grabs, and goes. The other day I was at a red light, and dropped it to S mode, when the light turned green, I popped thru the first 4 gears letting it rev to almost redline, and was completely amazed how smooth, and fast the acceleration was. 0 to 60 was a blur! The dealership has placed me on an instant notice list in case ant TSB's or other items pop up. And I have a rep from FoMoCo messaging me here as well. So I have got my confidence level up from 75% to 99% in my new ride. Thanks to all here who have posted the wonderfully infomative info on here. I hope to be a help as well!
The only downside is, in doing that, you'll lose MPG in the process. My last fuel-up was 28.5MPG (I typically get 30.5).

Of course, I've also done more city/local driving recently and that doesn't help... but it's not a massive drop, and smoothness at the lower speeds is instantly noticed. Not an unfair trade-off, but sometimes I will drive slowly (gran mode, like in parking lots...)

My confidence level is in the 90%s as well.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->