My Ford Touch Thread - Page 195 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-13-2012, 08:47 AM   #1941
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisra View Post
I thought it was Friday the 13th, not Groundhog Day.
Hah, totally didn't realize it was Friday the 13th. Maybe that is it! Only happened to me one other time since the update and that time it was working but froze about halfway through my drive. This time it was frozen the whole way. It was fine when I started my car after work last time though so I imagine it will be back to normal this evening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2012, 01:34 PM   #1942
BiggerBoat
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85913
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 BiggerBoat Good Standing Member
I stole this shot from misfile's picture post in the 2012 pics thread. When the diddley did they change the steering wheel rocker on the right? It looks like the favorites have been replaced with redundant volume controls?? Oh wait the volume control are gone from the 4-way above that..

I'm really confused.. And less optimistic that we are going to get out favorites buttons ever programmable again..

Old 07-13-2012, 06:08 PM   #1943
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggerBoat View Post
I stole this shot from misfile's picture post in the 2012 pics thread. When the diddley did they change the steering wheel rocker on the right? It looks like the favorites have been replaced with redundant volume controls?? Oh wait the volume control are gone from the 4-way above that..

I'm really confused.. And less optimistic that we are going to get out favorites buttons ever programmable again..

This is not a picture of a MyFord Touch equipped Focus... that's why the rocker is different...

This is just a model with the basic MyFord system...

The new MFT rocker has the home and information buttons rather than the favorites buttons, which correspond to the pages they're shortcuts to now.
Sonic Crew #28 | Rally Revolution #117
Old 07-14-2012, 10:09 AM   #1944
Makker
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 101199
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver SEL 5 Speed

FF Reputation: 1 Makker Good Standing Member
I've read through this thread, and am I glad my SEL doesn't have the MFT. I know there are a few of you who think that those complaining are just whining, and I have to say, I've put up with some pretty shoddy electronics in my day. But the reality is, if anyone bought a new TV that would work sometimes, sometimes not, would randomly change channels after changing the volume, or would outright have the volume climb to max for no reason when you turn it on, no one would sit there and continue to live with it. Or how about a TV that you'd have to go into the basement and flip a circuit breaker every few hours so that you could continue to watch TV? Anything less then working as it was promised I would think is unacceptable. The fact that you all paid over a grand for the privilege of a barely operational device in your car is borderline criminal.

I was poking around an Edge forum to see how they are making out, and they have much the same issues. I'm wondering how long it will be before someone with an MFT starts a class action against Ford for selling and not fixing this system for well over a year. Thank god that the team responsible for building this didn't seem to have any input in the rest of the vehicle by the look of it.

My only hope is that by the time I go to upgrade my car, you guys will have gotten Ford to fix this system. I like the idea of it, just not the stability, or lack there of.
Old 07-14-2012, 02:13 PM   #1945
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Ran into a new one last night...

We were at a drive-in theater (engine off, radio on) and this popped up. I had to restart the car to get it to go away. There was no sign of it being a battery/discharge problem, as the MFT system remained on, but maybe there's some connection there?

Have any of you seen this before?

This thread is the only mention I see on here.

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 07-14-2012, 03:32 PM   #1946
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggerBoat View Post

I'm not holding my breath, not if they are switching it to home and info icons instead of stars going forward. Not a chance we'll get it back. If we end up having no choice though I'd honestly rather have volume there than home and info because those are meaningless to me. Volume would be nice since that is where my hands are as a rule anyway. More convenient for me I guess but still not as convenient as having what I was sold and paid for.
Old 07-14-2012, 06:12 PM   #1947
VectorZ
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100457
What I Drive: 12' Focus Titanium Sport Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 VectorZ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
So I've gotten this on multiple occasions. The radio plays fine but this error pops up and blocks the screen.

Old 07-14-2012, 11:57 PM   #1948
beefcrinkle
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 101144
What I Drive: top banna dodge charger

FF Reputation: 1 beefcrinkle Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by VectorZ View Post
So I've gotten this on multiple occasions. The radio plays fine but this error pops up and blocks the screen.

I also notice it says connecting in the phone area? Are you loosing bluetooth?
Old 07-15-2012, 01:19 AM   #1949
VectorZ
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100457
What I Drive: 12' Focus Titanium Sport Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 VectorZ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by beefcrinkle View Post
I also notice it says connecting in the phone area? Are you loosing bluetooth?

No, I had the Bluetooth off.
Old 07-15-2012, 01:34 AM   #1950
beefcrinkle
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 101144
What I Drive: top banna dodge charger

FF Reputation: 1 beefcrinkle Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by VectorZ View Post
No, I had the Bluetooth off.
Does it happen in the same spot or all over?

Bookmarks & Social Networks