My Ford Touch Thread - Page 194 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-10-2012, 07:17 AM   #1931
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
After losing my Travel Link/Traffic Info on the Nav screen a few days ago (yet again but still showed as subscribed) and then becoming unsubscribed to all services this morning I finally got fed up and downloaded the delayed reboot this morning at work. Threw it on a drive and ran out in the morning, fired up the car, put the drive in and it installed the app. Shut down and went back into work. Got in to leave about 7 hours later and didn't see the "scheduled maintenance" screen but it had obviously rebooted (first indication no street location under the compass on the home screen which always happens after a crash/reboot or master reset). Ran through indexing again and gave me all the safety "use voice while driving" talk, etc. etc.

So if you wait long enough it just does it all while the car is down? I've just seen others say they come back and see the reboot screen which is why I am wondering.

Oh yeah, and the reboot brought all my Travel Link/Traffic back to both subscribed and displaying on the map (meaning this is definitely an MFT glitch and not a problem with Sirius).
I've seen that if you wait too long you won't get the maintenance screen, not sure how long that is. I just assumed it didn't run the "scheduled maintenance", I've always reinstalled without checking. I'll try it next time if I can remember. And thinking about it I've not heard the "use voice while driving" speech in several months. hmmmm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2012, 07:57 AM   #1932
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisra View Post
I've seen that if you wait too long you won't get the maintenance screen, not sure how long that is. I just assumed it didn't run the "scheduled maintenance", I've always reinstalled without checking. I'll try it next time if I can remember. And thinking about it I've not heard the "use voice while driving" speech in several months. hmmmm.
Give it a try if you get some free time and see if you can determine if it did run or not after waiting for a decent chunk of time. Like I said, definitely seemed to have done its thing for me as evidenced by the return of Travel Link/Traffic, rescan of the index, street location missing from the home screen, and so forth. If it does continue to function this way it could be awfully convenient as when it acts up I can just start it when I pull into work and run it and hopefully upon leaving work all is well again (at least until I have to do it again but with the number of master resets I was up to, way more than w/V2.11, it is nice not to have to re-pair phones, re-set things like DST, re-set radio presets over and over).
Old 07-10-2012, 01:25 PM   #1933
lewisra
Focus Addict

Tried it when I went to lunch today. At the beginning of my 5 minute drive to lunch I loaded the app. Was at lunch for about 50 minutes. When I restarted my car the MFT took a bit longer to come up, did some weird things on the display, but no scheduled maintenance screen. It did fix the not receiving text messages problem I was having on drive to work. Though I've had this issue fix itself after shutting it off and let it sit for a while. It seems the way it acted upon start up that it did do the reboot. I'll try it again when I get problems that usually don't fix themselves.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:23 AM   #1934
Burns098356GX
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94777
What I Drive: 2013 Focus ST

FF Reputation: 1 Burns098356GX Good Standing Member
I've been using my USB drive to carry my music. I copy my itunes music folder directly into the root of my USB. itunes is saying I should have a bit over 1000 songs. MFT is showing only about 700.
Im assuming there not showing up because of DRM. Is there a program out there that will crack or convert all those pesky DRM files for me?
Old 07-12-2012, 02:10 PM   #1935
04SVTF303
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98899
What I Drive: 2012 POS

FF Reputation: 1 04SVTF303 Good Standing Member
My POS crashed 3 times yesterday alone and wiped out another USB stick. Reset the clock three times. Sync'd my phone three times. Everything is as it should be according to the "techs" though.
Old 07-13-2012, 06:54 AM   #1936
lewisra
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04SVTF303 View Post
My POS crashed 3 times yesterday alone and wiped out another USB stick. Reset the clock three times. Sync'd my phone three times. Everything is as it should be according to the "techs" though.
Have you ever done a master reset, or pulled fuses, or used the delayedreboot.cab? If not, i'd try those in reverse order.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:03 AM   #1937
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Left my driveway this morning for work at 7:15. Made my 25 minute drive to work and pulled in to park at 7:15. Oh MFT.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:07 AM   #1938
lewisra
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Left my driveway this morning for work at 7:15. Made my 25 minute drive to work and pulled in to park at 7:15. Oh MFT.
I thought it was Friday the 13th, not Groundhog Day.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:25 AM   #1939
04SVTF303
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98899
What I Drive: 2012 POS

FF Reputation: 1 04SVTF303 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisra View Post
Have you ever done a master reset, or pulled fuses, or used the delayedreboot.cab? If not, i'd try those in reverse order.
Yeah. I have. And why the should I have to this every god damned day?
Old 07-13-2012, 08:30 AM   #1940
lewisra
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04SVTF303 View Post
Yeah. I have. And why the should I have to this every god damned day?
Sorry, just trying to help. It was just a suggestion that works for me.

Bookmarks & Social Networks