2012 5-Door tail lamp scratching body - Page 9 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-09-2012, 10:38 PM   #81
redline_adam
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 101145
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Metallic SE Sport

FF Reputation: 1 redline_adam Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I noticed my driver's side tail light was a little tight compared to the passenger side, and it squeaked a little when pressed. I didn't see any paint chipping, but could see where this might be an issue later...Unfortunately, I looked a little lower down and saw that the bumper seems to have separated from the body a little, just underneath the tail light. It's maybe 1/4 or 1/8 of an inch, but still noticeable compared to the other side of that car. I think it may be because everything is just fitting too tight around this area. Anyone else noticed this on their Focus? I'm new here, I'll post pictures once I figure out how.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2012, 08:53 AM   #82
nerdrage
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100392
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 1 nerdrage Good Standing Member
Thomas my dealer says Ford has never heard of this issue. They are trying to get a new tail light because they think thats the problem. So who knows. I saw a Titanium Focus on their lot with the same issue brand new.

Im sure it will get fixed wether I have to adjust the light myself because they say there is no way to adjust it or a new tail light fixes the issue
Old 07-10-2012, 12:29 PM   #83
silenthill
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85671
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL hatch

FF Reputation: 2 silenthill Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdrage View Post
Thomas my dealer says Ford has never heard of this issue. They are trying to get a new tail light because they think thats the problem. So who knows. I saw a Titanium Focus on their lot with the same issue brand new.

Im sure it will get fixed wether I have to adjust the light myself because they say there is no way to adjust it or a new tail light fixes the issue
Sounds like you need to get a customer service manager involved from Thomas. The dealer is just plain wrong.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:15 PM   #84
Mykal
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 96521
What I Drive: 2012 Focus HB Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Mykal Good Standing Member
Quote:
Mykal -

Not a bad car to drive while your Focus is in the shop! Do you know if your dealer took photos of the taillight area?
I know they took 'before' pictures to work with Ford on the warranty claim. Also, I picked up the car this afternoon and it looks fantastic! The dealer had the area resprayed versus a touch up. Highly recommend Lebanon Ford in Lebanon, OH; Tom the service manager and everyone else has been so easy to work with...great customer 'focus' :)
Old 07-10-2012, 06:31 PM   #85
geoxman
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 100940
What I Drive: 2012 SE Hatch manual sport package

FF Reputation: 1 geoxman Good Standing Member
Thomas thanks for the reply and PM. I will contact the dealer next week after job training is finished

edit.. I really like the fact that a Ford customer service rep takes time to view and respond to this forum. It shows that they really care about their customers!
Old 07-10-2012, 09:17 PM   #86
zehkaiser
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98706
What I Drive: 2012 Tux Black Focus Titanium Hatch

Points 987, Level 16
Points: 987, Level: 16 Points: 987, Level: 16 Points: 987, Level: 16
Level Up 87% Completed
Level up: 87% Level up: 87% Level up: 87%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 zehkaiser Good Standing Member
My car is going in tomorrow morning to fix this. I noticed it with just 3k miles. My local dealer was more than happy to fix it.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:10 AM   #87
skiboarder119
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98455
What I Drive: 2012 black TI 5spd

Points 352, Level 7
Points: 352, Level: 7 Points: 352, Level: 7 Points: 352, Level: 7
Level Up 4% Completed
Level up: 4% Level up: 4% Level up: 4%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 skiboarder119 Good Standing Member
900 miles, built may 26. mine has this issue on the drivers side. Not as bad as most this forum. I couldn't really tell till i took the tail lights off. I recommend all owners of hatchbacks check for this.

I backed out the snap pin (or the "adjustment screw", which is definitely not an adjustment screw) a little bit and rubbed the sharp edges of the plastic, but i will be requestingpaint work next time I'm at the dealer. This was definitely a bad tolerance stack by Ford engineers.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:53 AM   #88
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,106, Level 34
Points: 3,106, Level: 34 Points: 3,106, Level: 34 Points: 3,106, Level: 34
Level Up 38% Completed
Level up: 38% Level up: 38% Level up: 38%
Forum Activity 23%
Activity: 23% Activity: 23% Activity: 23%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretherius View Post
Ugh... just noticed it on mine over the weekend. Driver's side tail lamp only. Can't believe I have to take it into the dealer...
I'd like to let your region's Customer Service Manager know about this; please PM me your VIN, mileage, phone #, and servicing dealer. When do you plan to take it in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redline_adam View Post
...I didn't see any paint chipping, but could see where this might be an issue later...Unfortunately, I looked a little lower down and saw that the bumper seems to have separated from the body a little, just underneath the tail light. It's maybe 1/4 or 1/8 of an inch, but still noticeable compared to the other side of that car...
Continue to monitor this area. If it becomes an issue, please PM me your VIN, mileage, phone #, and dealer info; I'll loop in your area's Customer Service Manager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdrage View Post
...They are trying to get a new tail light because they think thats the problem. So who knows. I saw a Titanium Focus on their lot with the same issue brand new...
I see that the dealer has repaired and returned your vehicle. Did they fix the paint chipping or just replace the tail light? Please let me know by PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenthill View Post
Sounds like you need to get a customer service manager involved from Thomas...
You sound like me! I've let his CSM know about it; we're on the case!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykal View Post
I know they took 'before' pictures to work with Ford on the warranty claim. Also, I picked up the car this afternoon and it looks fantastic! The dealer had the area resprayed versus a touch up. Highly recommend Lebanon Ford in Lebanon, OH; Tom the service manager and everyone else has been so easy to work with...great customer 'focus' :)
Awesome; the right steps were taken! If you'd like, I'll be glad to document your positive feedback on record. Shout-out to Tom at Lebanon Ford!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoxman View Post
Thomas thanks for the reply and PM. I will contact the dealer next week after job training is finished

edit.. I really like the fact that a Ford customer service rep takes time to view and respond to this forum. It shows that they really care about their customers!
I'm happy to assist in any way possible. I usually describe our customer service as a great home-cooked meal; mmm, mmm good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zehkaiser View Post
My car is going in tomorrow morning to fix this. I noticed it with just 3k miles. My local dealer was more than happy to fix it.
You got the ball rolling! Let me know how it turns out. If you'd like, I'll send your region's Customer Service Manager the details. Please PM me your VIN, mileage, phone #, and dealer info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboarder119 View Post
900 miles, built may 26. mine has this issue on the drivers side. Not as bad as most this forum...
Keep a close eye on it. If you'd like, please PM me your VIN, mileage, phone #, and servicing dealer; I'll notify your Customer Service Manager about this. In addition, this link will come in handy the next time you go in for service: http://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conten...iceCouponsPage

Type to you all later,

Thomas

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 07-11-2012, 09:02 AM   #89
cbdallas
Focus Addict

Fan#: 100296
What I Drive: 2014 Titanium 5-speed

Points 1,759, Level 24
Points: 1,759, Level: 24 Points: 1,759, Level: 24 Points: 1,759, Level: 24
Level Up 59% Completed
Level up: 59% Level up: 59% Level up: 59%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 3 cbdallas Good Standing Member
I'm glad someone started a thread about this. I did notice the other day when I washed my car that it was easy to insert a microfiber towel into the passenger side gap and get the water out from under the edge of the tail light, but it's too tight on the driver's side to insert anything. I may remove the light and shim it with something to move it away from the body.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:44 AM   #90
MC1992
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90417
What I Drive: '95 Volvo 850 Turbo/'12 Focus Sport

Points 723, Level 14
Points: 723, Level: 14 Points: 723, Level: 14 Points: 723, Level: 14
Level Up 23% Completed
Level up: 23% Level up: 23% Level up: 23%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 MC1992 Good Standing Member
So how do I loosen it? Do I take the inner panels out? Don't really have the time or see the point to drop off the car for them to have something fix while I could do it 15 minutes or less.

Bookmarks & Social Networks