I LOVE my Mk3 Ford Focus 100% whoo hoo thread!! - Page 51 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-09-2012, 03:32 PM   #501
gkirk
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91903
What I Drive: 2012 C.Red Focus SE Sport Package

FF Reputation: 3 gkirk Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMaiden View Post
Tint all done and new wheels tomorrow.

This might be a really stupid question - but how did you do the tint? I have the same color car and i think a tint might help with the temps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2012, 03:43 PM   #502
2012TI
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87295
What I Drive: 12 titanium blue candy, 2001 SVT co

FF Reputation: 1 2012TI Good Standing Member
You should get the RPM's up once and wile. on your trip drive 10 or so miles in 5 th than run it in 4th for 10 miles than even run it in 3rd and very the speed in that gear up and down. you will also want to run the engine out nice and easy to max rpm's DO NOT rev limit. ( go EASY)

Quote:
Originally Posted by craiger_bombs View Post
Hey folks,

I've been lurking on the forum for some time, but since I've just recently acquired a 2012 SE, I figured I should sign up and contribute where I can!

Just a couple quick questions for the better-informed! The manual indicates the break-in should last about 1000 miles with varying speeds; is there a range I should vary between? I have a few trips coming up in August that will be 200-400km or so (300-600m), and I was planning on getting to 105km for about 50km, then increasing to about 110km for another 50km, then 115km, and back down. Does that sound like an acceptable break in, or do I need to vary the speeds more?

Also, I was suuuper excited that the seats fold completely flat on the Focus! I love this feature on my old Golf, and discovered the back seats flip up and the back rest fold completely flat. Perfect for storage!

Thanks everyone!
Old 07-09-2012, 06:19 PM   #503
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 99230
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkirk View Post
This might be a really stupid question - but how did you do the tint? I have the same color car and i think a tint might help with the temps.
I had a local place do it ----- 20% on the sides and 15% on the back and sunroof for $239 out the door with lifetime warranty and yes,it will immensely help reduce inside temps and protect that interior.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:08 PM   #504
gkirk
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91903
What I Drive: 2012 C.Red Focus SE Sport Package

FF Reputation: 3 gkirk Good Standing Member
Quote:
I had a local place do it ----- 20% on the sides and 15% on the back and sunroof for $239 out the door with lifetime warranty and yes,it will immensely help reduce inside temps and protect that interior.
awesome possum.. i have the same color car.. such a beauty. i think in md 35% is the limit though :)
Old 07-10-2012, 03:54 PM   #505
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott S View Post
I've now had my Candy Blue Titanium Job 2 for over a month and a half and the car has been awesome.

I have just under 8000 on it and could not be happier with it.

With the 18" sport package and the sharp paint this car has been getting allot of curious people checking it out...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott S View Post
...The tranny was one of the big attractions for me. I like the power coupling of a manual but in city traffic I hate the clutch.

Put just under 1400 clicks on her yesterday and still puts a smile on my face all the way. When I was in stop and go for a few hours I was really digging the automatic clutch!
Congrats on sporting the Blue Candy Focus! You've been racking up a lot of miles for just two months of ownership. I have a little over 5,000 miles on mine since purchasing it in late April. Remember to keep it well maintained with these: http://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conten...iceCouponsPage. DCT for the win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottski View Post
I've had the focus for about two weeks now and love it more every day...The engine's not broken in yet, but I've been averaging about 31-32 mpg with about a 25%/75% mix of city/highway driving. Much better than the 20-21 mpg I was getting in the Charger. Hopefully this car and I will be friends for a long time.
Hey, Pottski! Remember to grab this badge and upload it to your favorite social media sites: http://social.ford.com/grab-a-badge/focus/yes/. 31-32 MPG is expected at first. I'm now getting an average of 34-36 MPG every time I'm in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kxweil38 View Post
I have had my red candy Ti for a little over 3 months and 4,000 miles...The mileage is getting better each week and the sound system is unbeleivable. My wife mentioned to me the other day driving home from dinner that I'm acting like a teenager when driving this car. At 54, I didn't think that was a bad thing!
Thanks for putting your trust in us! We never lose our teenage behavior; it's just bottled up. I'm glad the Focus is squeezing it out of you. I think you and your wife should go on one of these: http://social.ford.com/grab-a-badge/road+trip/.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppersmum View Post
I was getting out of my Focus at a grocery store yesterday and once again a guy walked up to me and said wow, nice car, nice colour. Here in Victoria slowly starting to see more them on the road.
The Focus is rapidly spreading everywhere; admirers will always be welcome! Next time it happens, send them to their nearest Ford dealer for a test drive. As a matter of fact, I'd check out some service info: http://www.ford.ca/app/fo/en/parts_a...d/scheduled.do.

Quote:
I keep getting people on the hwy that want to show me up so in a way that's a compliment if you look threatening in some way.

I was snapping some pics up at Red Rocks and had a few more "that's a Focus" comments. I'm heading up next week with my better camera and more time to take some "artsy" photos...
I was expecting to see John Tesh cruising in your Focus (Red Rocks joke)! Gotta say, I don't think you'll be able to get more "artsy" than taking photos at Red Rocks. Remember to make others drool right here: http://social.ford.com/.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickCornell View Post
I'm not going to lie. It's hard being 18 in this car. The teenager in me wants to drive aggressively. I pull up next to a civic, I beat it. Haha, yet the minuscule amount of adult in me gives me an OCD-like attitude towards its cleanliness and maintainance.
Believe me, your adult years are coming; enjoy being a teenager while you can! However, if you treat your Focus right, it'll be good to you as well. If either side of you needs to add any accessories, check this site out: http://accessories.ford.com/.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brishep101 View Post
In love with my new Focus! My first Ford (owned Honda and Audi in past)! So excited about it and had to share. :) traded in a 2006 Audi A6 for a beautiful 2012 titanium HB :) and I LOVE it!!!
Whoa, thanks for showing your support by coming over to Ford! Now, when can I take a spin in your Titanium? Remember to share your love with other fans and enthusiasts: http://social.ford.com/.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTite View Post
Open up free Photobucket account...
This is a good way to do it. Always remember our Ford Social site too: http://social.ford.com/.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craiger_bombs View Post
...I've been lurking on the forum for some time, but since I've just recently acquired a 2012 SE...

Just a couple quick questions for the better-informed! The manual indicates the break-in should last about 1000 miles with varying speeds; is there a range I should vary between?...

Also, I was suuuper excited that the seats fold completely flat on the Focus! I love this feature on my old Golf, and discovered the back seats flip up and the back rest fold completely flat. Perfect for storage!
Thanks for coming out of the shadows, craiger_bombs! Congrats on your recent purchase too! I recommend driving at different speeds; vary it up and you'll be golden. This will enable your transmission to break-in each gear respectively. Good to read fold-flat seats are a necessity for you, just as they are for me. I have a ton of gear I transport and love the extra space.

Thanks to all for sharing your Focus love!

Happy driving,

Thomas

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 07-10-2012, 05:02 PM   #506
Blackpro
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 100837
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Blackpro Good Standing Member
:-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbrown View Post
you guys should start a cult
(said in Will Ferrell voice) I think we have... It's so provocative....

:-) RAOFL

I LOVE MY 2012 TITANIUM Focus
Old 07-11-2012, 09:01 PM   #507
collisionbend
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 100528
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue SE 5-Door, 203A

FF Reputation: 1 collisionbend Good Standing Member
I gotta say: I've had my Focus for 18 days now, and have already taken it on the road (900 miles last weekend). At 2,300 miles, my '12 Sonic Blue SE/Sport Pkg/Winter Pkg 5-Door hasn't failed to put a smile on my face every time I take it for a drive. Thanks, Ford, for putting the fun back in driving!
Old 07-12-2012, 07:43 AM   #508
biggc
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96727
What I Drive: 2012 yellow se hatch,5sp spt.pack

FF Reputation: 1 biggc Good Standing Member
Ditto for me to everything you said.I have the same car only yellow 1700 miles.
It does have a few injuries,crack across windshield an 2 little paint chips on hood,she wheres it well.lol
Old 07-12-2012, 06:53 PM   #509
thunderwoof
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99778
What I Drive: 2012 SEL white platinum hatch 303A

FF Reputation: 1 thunderwoof Good Standing Member
over 1,100 miles now. Just past break-in period. The shifting is getting much smoother than before. I enjoy the focus more each day.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:44 PM   #510
dgoebel
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101276
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Red 5-DR Hatchback SEL

FF Reputation: 2 dgoebel Good Standing Member
Just picked up my (wife's) Red Candy 5dr and ..... I've driven a lot of vehicles in my life, and this SEL is nice, very, very nice. We're upgrading from a 2001 Escape that has been flawless, but at 116,000 miles and 11 years, it's going to our son. We considered what we wanted to improve on, like the fuel efficiency, handling, fit, and Sirius radio, and this Focus is all that and more. Shoot I've got better mileage on the first 60 miles test driving than our Escape ever got in town, haven't even taken it on a highway trip yet... tomorrow for sure...
I'm thankful for all the comments by actual owners on this forum. I read extensively here before even talking to the dealer and you've all been a great help. (Even the occasional naysayers who've added some reality checks to the overwhelming positive buzz this car does generate).

Fair winds and following seas to all,
David

Bookmarks & Social Networks