Bluetooth question - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-29-2012, 11:36 AM   #21
Kramer2K
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99894
What I Drive: 2012 White SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Kramer2K Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaeHanL View Post
wait, WHAT?! Didn't know that was an option... I'm going to research how to do that.
I don't think that will solve your original concern DaeHanL. It is a useful option though. But that setting merely resumes audio once you switch back over to to bluetooth. I will not resume playing from BT once you restart the car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2012, 11:44 AM   #22
DaeHanL
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90891
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy SE 5spd

FF Reputation: 1 DaeHanL Good Standing Member
Thanks for the heads up Kramer. If I have to say "Bluetooth" to get it started, including the word "audio" isn't much more of a chore! Lol

---
I am here: Posted Via FF Mobileip5xcq

2012 FF5DR SE Sport, 5-Spd, and ALL the 'fixins!
-DaeHan
Old 07-06-2012, 01:37 PM   #23
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Hi everyone!

I just wanted to jump in and clarify, the Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) is the Bluetooth standard that provides audio streaming functionality; the BT Audio functionality varies depending on the version of AVRCP that is on SYNC and your device.

A SYNC Gen 1 vehicle currently has AVRCP 1.0. This version does not support data transfer, which is the why you won't see any song information displayed via SYNC when streaming via BT Audio. The SYNC engineering team is currently investigating on including a higher version of AVRCP for a future release (via a SYNC update).

A MyFord Touch-equipped vehicle (Gen 2) already includes AVRCP 1.3 functionality, and this version does support data transfer. This increases the chances that the song information would be displayed via SYNC, providing that the media player includes a higher version of AVRCP as well.

Hope this helps!

Quote:
-Does anyone know how to switch it, so that the device controls the track, not the HU when attached via USB?
-Do you have to say/start bluetooth audio every single time you get in your car? Or is there a way the system can just pick up where you left off by default?
Do you have to ask it start playing Bluetooth Audio EVERY FRIGGIN TIME?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpenns View Post
I 2nd this question!
Like copernicium112 said, you can enable Autoplay. With this feature on, the system will automatically switch to the media source upon initial
connection and you can listen to music which has already been indexed. With this feature off, the system will not automatically switch to the inserted media source. You can find this option using the following menu sequence: Menu > Settings > Media player.

Let me know if you have additional questions!

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 07-06-2012, 01:55 PM   #24
DaeHanL
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90891
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy SE 5spd

FF Reputation: 1 DaeHanL Good Standing Member
FordIVTeam, Jaclyn what do you know about getting a car with SYNC Gen1 to autoplay bluetooth audio? possible?

thanks in advance,
DaeHan

2012 FF5DR SE Sport, 5-Spd, and ALL the 'fixins!
-DaeHan
Old 07-09-2012, 10:04 AM   #25
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
FordIVTeam, Jaclyn what do you know about getting a car with SYNC Gen1 to autoplay bluetooth audio? possible?

thanks in advance,
DaeHan
Autoplay is also an option for vehicles equipped with MyFord (Gen1). Give the voice command AUTOPLAY, the system will then prompt you to turn it on or off. Keep in mind, this is device-dependent feature.

If you have any additional questions, let me know.

Jaclyn

Old 07-09-2012, 10:54 AM   #26
jpenns
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100720
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 jpenns Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post
Hi everyone!

Like copernicium112 said, you can enable Autoplay. With this feature on, the system will automatically switch to the media source upon initial
connection and you can listen to music which has already been indexed. With this feature off, the system will not automatically switch to the inserted media source. You can find this option using the following menu sequence: Menu > Settings > Media player.

Jaclyn
I have autoplay enabled and every time I get in the car I have to say bluetooth audio. I'm not sure if your reply is saying that this should not be the case, but that's how it operates for me at this point.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:56 PM   #27
ralck
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96372
What I Drive: My sister's car while it is salty

FF Reputation: 1 ralck Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Hi everyone!

I just wanted to jump in and clarify, the Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) is the Bluetooth standard that provides audio streaming functionality; the BT Audio functionality varies depending on the version of AVRCP that is on SYNC and your device.

A SYNC Gen 1 vehicle currently has AVRCP 1.0. This version does not support data transfer, which is the why you won't see any song information displayed via SYNC when streaming via BT Audio. The SYNC engineering team is currently investigating on including a higher version of AVRCP for a future release (via a SYNC update).

A MyFord Touch-equipped vehicle (Gen 2) already includes AVRCP 1.3 functionality, and this version does support data transfer. This increases the chances that the song information would be displayed via SYNC, providing that the media player includes a higher version of AVRCP as well.

Hope this helps!

Jaclyn
Thank you for the reply and the official specs of all this! I guess my car only supports AVRCP 1.0 right now which is why I only see "bluetooth audio." I really hope an update comes out for this- I would REALLY be interested in that.
Just out of curiosity... would it be updated to AVRCP 1.3 or 1.4? 1.4 would be amazing!
Old 07-10-2012, 10:54 AM   #28
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralck View Post
Thank you for the reply and the official specs of all this! I guess my car only supports AVRCP 1.0 right now which is why I only see "bluetooth audio." I really hope an update comes out for this- I would REALLY be interested in that.
Just out of curiosity... would it be updated to AVRCP 1.3 or 1.4? 1.4 would be amazing!
You're welcome! I can't speculate on timing or which version they'll upgrade to, but future announcements will be made here:

http://boards.SyncCommunity.com/n/pf...cmb&listMode=0

Stay tuned!

Jaclyn

Old 07-11-2012, 01:23 PM   #29
Kramer2K
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99894
What I Drive: 2012 White SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Kramer2K Good Standing Member
Quote:
Autoplay is also an option for vehicles equipped with MyFord (Gen1). Give the voice command AUTOPLAY, the system will then prompt you to turn it on or off. Keep in mind, this is device-dependent feature.

If you have any additional questions, let me know.

Jaclyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpenns View Post
I have autoplay enabled and every time I get in the car I have to say bluetooth audio. I'm not sure if your reply is saying that this should not be the case, but that's how it operates for me at this point.
Hi Jaclyn, thanks for jumping in here to help.

Just to clarify, I think we're all getting ours "wires crossed" when discussing this autoplay feature.

I'm clear on its role and implementation. What I'm wondering, as well as jpenns and DaeHanL, is why do we need to execute the voice command "Bluetooth Audio" every time we enter the car? Ours always defaults to "Line In," even though that was not the last audio source. I use Bluetooth Audio only. That's the source I activate when I enter the car, and then the car is shut off with it active. When I re-enter the car, "Line In" is active. I do not want this to happen.

It seems like a minor annoyance, but having to do it every single time does in fact become a nuisance.

Is there any fix for this in the pipeline? Does the SYNC team acknowledge or understand the problem we're describing? If the system would only default to the last used audio source, our issues would be gone.

Thanks so much Jaclyn for the consideration. Keep up the good work.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:31 PM   #30
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

You're very welcome, Kramer2K!

Engineering is aware and they're investigating some possibilities to correct this. As I obtain new information, I'll pass it along. Announcements will also be made here:

http://boards.SyncCommunity.com/n/pf...cmb&listMode=0

Stay tuned!

Jaclyn

Bookmarks & Social Networks