2013 Order Guide Released - Page 26 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-06-2012, 12:01 AM   #251
salmari7
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 100895
What I Drive: 2012

FF Reputation: 1 salmari7 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Yes, to each his own, I suppose.

Where as some may say tan leather is for "grandpa cars", I would say the tan leather in the focus makes it look much more upscale than the two-toned options or even the black leather. I agree that those options definitely give it a more sporty look.

I'm guessing the people who disagree with us stone leather supporters are also the "dude, get the manual!" crowd that seem to be all over this forum. Yes, I know some have reservations about the DCT after poor early reviews before the TSB, but I think they'd say manual or bust with any car.

I'm choosing the DCT hatch because this will be my only car and I'm looking for something practical, high-tech, with a somewhat luxurious interior but still a fun car to drive. Basically a hatch that is equipped more like a larger, higher priced car would be.

I totally get the "dude, get the manual!" when you are talking about a pure sports car, but with a car like the focus I think its really up to what the person is looking for.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2012, 01:10 AM   #252
MyThIc3LiTe
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95163
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 4 MyThIc3LiTe Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by salmari7 View Post
Yes, to each his own, I suppose.

Where as some may say tan leather is for "grandpa cars", I would say the tan leather in the focus makes it look much more upscale than the two-toned options or even the black leather. I agree that those options definitely give it a more sporty look.

I'm guessing the people who disagree with us stone leather supporters are also the "dude, get the manual!" crowd that seem to be all over this forum. Yes, I know some have reservations about the DCT after poor early reviews before the TSB, but I think they'd say manual or bust with any car.

I'm choosing the DCT hatch because this will be my only car and I'm looking for something practical, high-tech, with a somewhat luxurious interior but still a fun car to drive. Basically a hatch that is equipped more like a larger, higher priced car would be.

I totally get the "dude, get the manual!" when you are talking about a pure sports car, but with a car like the focus I think its really up to what the person is looking for.
I'd skip the stone but I'd never skip the DCT. It works. It almost as good as the one VAG uses. I can't complain.

I'll take the 6 speed DCT over the 5 speed manual. Especially in day to day use where I would wish I had an auto. I get 100% of the performance of a manual, actually more given how fast these swap cogs, but I get so much more ease of use. That's what I want out of a DD.

http://www.aniteshjaswalphotography.com
If you live in Edmonton, AB I would be more then happy to do a shoot with you!
Old 07-07-2012, 01:14 AM   #253
Twenty
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17

Fan#: 90312
What I Drive: 2012 YB SE sedan w/ ST exterior

Points 21,662, Level 92
Points: 21,662, Level: 92 Points: 21,662, Level: 92 Points: 21,662, Level: 92
Level Up 32% Completed
Level up: 32% Level up: 32% Level up: 32%
Forum Activity 10%
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%
FF Reputation: 9 Twenty Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsfocus View Post
I agree that the stone interior is awful and should be discontinued. Looks like a grandpa car. [What happened to the barf emoticon?]

The Arctic and Tuscany packages are gorgeous and Ford should offer more 2-tone color options to match exterior paint colors. Yellow blaze, sonic blue, and others would look sweet as interior 2-tone style packages. Plus the leather quality and seat cushions are superior to the stock leather ones.
The ST will have those as options. An ST seat swap would be the way to go.
SR#74/SMk3C#17/YBOC#03
Bill M.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:19 AM   #254
Shade-010
Sonic Crew # 010

Fan#: 87369
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SE Sport - 5 Speed

Points 14,463, Level 78
Points: 14,463, Level: 78 Points: 14,463, Level: 78 Points: 14,463, Level: 78
Level Up 4% Completed
Level up: 4% Level up: 4% Level up: 4%
Forum Activity 26%
Activity: 26% Activity: 26% Activity: 26%
FF Reputation: 10 Shade-010 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyThIc3LiTe View Post
I'd skip the stone but I'd never skip the DCT. It works. It almost as good as the one VAG uses. I can't complain.

I'll take the 6 speed DCT over the 5 speed manual. Especially in day to day use where I would wish I had an auto. I get 100% of the performance of a manual, actually more given how fast these swap cogs, but I get so much more ease of use. That's what I want out of a DD.
Sorry, I would have to disagree, i have been driving a Turbo (ecoboost) 6 speed auto escape for a week now and wish I had a 5 speed stick in it, but miss my 5 speed Focus even more. I think the day I choose an auto over a stick, please put me in the ground
http://www.rebeldevil.com
Old 07-07-2012, 07:15 AM   #255
Shorty Long
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 68979
What I Drive: '12 Focus Titanium, Kona Blue

Points 2,036, Level 27
Points: 2,036, Level: 27 Points: 2,036, Level: 27 Points: 2,036, Level: 27
Level Up 24% Completed
Level up: 24% Level up: 24% Level up: 24%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 2 Shorty Long Good Standing Member
I look for Ford to continually decontent the Focus here in the States until we're left with something akin to the MK2; while the rest of the world enjoys "upscale" compacts.

It wouldn't surprise me if we are still getting this 3rd gen. platform while the rest of the world has moved on to 4th and 5th gen.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:27 AM   #256
TboneZX3
Ford Fiend

Fan#: 90494
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport, '01 ZX3, '67 Bronco

Points 1,277, Level 19
Points: 1,277, Level: 19 Points: 1,277, Level: 19 Points: 1,277, Level: 19
Level Up 77% Completed
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 10 TboneZX3 Great Standing Member
Quote:
I get 100% of the performance of a manual, actually more given how fast these swap cogs, but I get so much more ease of use. That's what I want out of a DD.
Dyno numbers prove the DCT reduces torque compared to the MTX75, and the performance numbers from reviews show that the MTX75 is about 1 second quicker to 60. You get close to 100% of the performance of a manual, but not quite. The DCT is better than the MTX75 in highway economy, however slightly.
Hatch Nation #90
'12 SE Sport 5Dr |╠╬╝|Sterling Grey Metallic|203a|Moonroof|17" Paint/Mach Whls|K&N 57S-4000|FFE RMM|Steeda STB, RSB|JBR bushings
'01 ZX3|╠╬╝|Pitch Black|Prem. pkg.|Moonroof|SVT Snorkel|SVT Springs|S2 Dampers|Steeda STS|Magnaflow exh.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:00 AM   #257
MyThIc3LiTe
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty Long View Post
I look for Ford to continually decontent the Focus here in the States until we're left with something akin to the MK2; while the rest of the world enjoys "upscale" compacts.

It wouldn't surprise me if we are still getting this 3rd gen. platform while the rest of the world has moved on to 4th and 5th gen.
You realize that apart from a few things like hid and auto stop and BLIS, out NA gets the same kit as the Euro?

And you know why the Euro gets more? Because they are used to paying that much for a small car that has everything.

Americans have it in their heads that bigger is somehow better.

Old 07-07-2012, 04:42 PM   #258
GhiaFan
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 50498
What I Drive: 2007 Panther Black Focus 1.6 Ti-VCT

Points 11,696, Level 71
Points: 11,696, Level: 71 Points: 11,696, Level: 71 Points: 11,696, Level: 71
Level Up 12% Completed
Level up: 12% Level up: 12% Level up: 12%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 12 GhiaFan Great Standing Member
Quote:
You realize that apart from a few things like hid and auto stop and BLIS, out NA gets the same kit as the Euro?
+ LED tail lamps & LED headlight brows, Bi-Xenon headlights, Low Speed Safety System,, Lane Departure Warning, Lane Keeping Aid, Traffic Sign Recognition, Auto High Beam, Driver Alert and Adaptive Cruise Control, 6 speed manual tranny, 2 EcoBoost motors 1.0L & 1.6 offering 4 different hp choices (100hp,125hp,150hp 182hp), and completely updated 1.6- and 2.0-litre Duratorq TDCi diesel engines (95hp,115hp,140hp,163hp), Auto-Start-Stop, Quickclear windshield,heated washer jets, electric power folding sideview mirrors, and a wagon.
EDIT - Ford Europe added a cool exterior body kit (Individual exterior pak option) includes the usual front and rear valances and side stuff, but this one added the honeycombe style on the front trapezoid.
I must say Ford of Europe generally adds more stuff or I should say choices, whereas it is quite common for Ford North America to delete here and there (reduces the choices) as the car ages.

These few things are probably of little interest to North American shopping the Focus.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:24 PM   #259
MyThIc3LiTe
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhiaFan View Post
+ LED tail lamps & LED headlight brows, Bi-Xenon headlights, Low Speed Safety System,, Lane Departure Warning, Lane Keeping Aid, Traffic Sign Recognition, Auto High Beam, Driver Alert and Adaptive Cruise Control, 6 speed manual tranny, 2 EcoBoost motors 1.0L & 1.6 offering 4 different hp choices (100hp,125hp,150hp 182hp), and completely updated 1.6- and 2.0-litre Duratorq TDCi diesel engines (95hp,115hp,140hp,163hp), Auto-Start-Stop, Quickclear windshield,heated washer jets, electric power folding sideview mirrors, and a wagon.
EDIT - Ford Europe added a cool exterior body kit (Individual exterior pak option) includes the usual front and rear valances and side stuff, but this one added the honeycombe style on the front trapezoid.
I must say Ford of Europe generally adds more stuff or I should say choices, whereas it is quite common for Ford North America to delete here and there (reduces the choices) as the car ages.

These few things are probably of little interest to North American shopping the Focus.
The only things I would care for are I-xenon, 6 speed and 1.6 EB.

Having said that all those come on the ST.

Ford knows our market too well, Americans just can't fathom spending that much on a small car even if it does have all that tech.

Furthermore they can't fathom spending that much on a Ford.

Old 07-08-2012, 01:15 PM   #260
Focus YBTC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97107
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Blaze Tri-Coat Titanium

Points 653, Level 13
Points: 653, Level: 13 Points: 653, Level: 13 Points: 653, Level: 13
Level Up 6% Completed
Level up: 6% Level up: 6% Level up: 6%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 Focus YBTC Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhiaFan View Post
Maybe that's the prevailing opinion among the always backwards marketing guys at Ford North America who are still wearing figurative polyester leisure suits (and not in a cool or ironic way either). Yeah, they'll go on Facebook to see if they can catch a clue but they probably won't.

Typical Ford Marketing Guy?

We hear a lot about how Europeans get this cool stuff because their cars cost so much more but a lot of that extra cost of the car is in VAT and other taxes that we in NA don't pay not from the content of the cars.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.