DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread - Page 132 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-05-2012, 10:53 PM   #1311
macatron
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 65326
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Focus Ti Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 macatron Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timthom62 View Post
I'd imagine that it's not news around here, but a lot of the newer folks might not have seen this:

Ford Tech Service Notes on DCT
Thanks for sharing! :D That is some really great information.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2012, 09:10 AM   #1312
Dylan1970
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100905
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Dylan1970 Good Standing Member
Quote:
I'd imagine that it's not news around here, but a lot of the newer folks might not have seen this:

Thanks so much for the link....this is exactly what I wanted to know.
Old 07-06-2012, 09:21 AM   #1313
ricomtl
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97818
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatch Tx. Black

FF Reputation: 1 ricomtl Good Standing Member
Quote:

Thanks!!! This is the exact behavior I'm getting from my DCT... and glad it's documented as "normal". This PDF should actually be handed out to customers when they give you a tour of all the car's functions. People then wouldn't be freakin' out in forums if they knew it was normal operation.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:11 PM   #1314
Timthom62
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97579
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy 5-Door SEL 303A

FF Reputation: 5 Timthom62 Good Standing Member
You're welcome. The service manager at my dealer sent me the link quite a while back, probably so I'd quit bugging him with questions about the DCT after reading things here.

They really could make everyone's lives easier if they'd stick a copy of that in the glove box of every DCT-equipped Focus and Fiesta.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:52 PM   #1315
Dylan1970
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100905
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Dylan1970 Good Standing Member
Quote:
You're welcome. The service manager at my dealer sent me the link quite a while back, probably so I'd quit bugging him with questions about the DCT after reading things here.

They really could make everyone's lives easier if they'd stick a copy of that in the glove box of every DCT-equipped Focus and Fiesta.
Agreed!! The owners manual is no guide either, but anyway thanks again.....you've taken two weeks of stress off my shoulders!
Old 07-09-2012, 02:45 AM   #1316
RFrench6646
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 101073
What I Drive: 2012 SEL Sonic Blue, Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 RFrench6646 Good Standing Member
Cool These Threads are fascinating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
I don't remember the exact date, but I'm pretty sure that you have a Job 2 car, in which the firmware was already incorporated into the car pre-delivery. The FSA only applied to Job 1 cars (of which I fall into).

Don't let the nay-sayers scare you about the DCT. Yes, it wasn't overly great on the initial fleet of cars. Yes, people have had problems. Yes, some people do (or still think they do) have a couple issues. But trust me, this thread has died down a LOT in the last month or so. Both of my buddies with Job 2 cars love it.

AFTER I FIRMLY DROVE MY CAR THE RECOMMENDED 1000 MILES in a manner recommended by other forum members here, my DCT is a dream. There are a couple things I wouldn't mind tweaked, and yes there are a couple of little hiccups, but overall it is awesome!

I had to bold the statement because a lot of the people who were overly arguing this FSA have seemed to have disappeared. While some of them may have been traded-in, I would imagine that many of them tried the advise on here and just didn't come back to update their results.
I am just getting into the vibe on these forums. I thought Beetle owners were fanatical (Yes I have one of those as well!) Anyway, I found the Focus Tranny Manual, but could not find the subject of "break in" or "learning" driving. When you say "FIRMLY DROVE THE CAR" are you saying that you purposely drove it hard? I have kind of been gentle with it these first 3000 miles. Only once or twice have I gotten on it hard, was I supposed to drive it harder to start with? Mine is the SEL 301A 17" Polished, A/T DCT Hatchback, Sonic Blue. Loving it so far! (Traded a Civic for it to boot!)
Old 07-09-2012, 06:01 AM   #1317
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

FF Reputation: 49 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFrench6646 View Post
I am just getting into the vibe on these forums. I thought Beetle owners were fanatical (Yes I have one of those as well!) Anyway, I found the Focus Tranny Manual, but could not find the subject of "break in" or "learning" driving. When you say "FIRMLY DROVE THE CAR" are you saying that you purposely drove it hard? I have kind of been gentle with it these first 3000 miles. Only once or twice have I gotten on it hard, was I supposed to drive it harder to start with? Mine is the SEL 301A 17" Polished, A/T DCT Hatchback, Sonic Blue. Loving it so far! (Traded a Civic for it to boot!)
The general consensus is to not baby it. Don't race it, but be semi-aggressive. Run it in D, S and S+ (if equipped). Run it through many different scenario's and it will smooth out and drive like a dream.

FocusFest 2013: Best of Show
Gateway FFW: Show Class Outstanding
September '13 ROTM
2014 FiST-
Old 07-09-2012, 07:26 AM   #1318
peppersmum
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98989
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Hatchback SE Red Candy

FF Reputation: 1 peppersmum Good Standing Member
I have 1200 km on my Focus SE now and in the last week the transmission has really smoothed out and it drives really nice now. There were three of us Focus' parked in a row in the mall parking lot yesterday - think their popularity is taking off!
Old 07-09-2012, 09:13 AM   #1319
cbdallas
Focus Addict

Fan#: 100296
What I Drive: 2014 Titanium 5-speed

FF Reputation: 3 cbdallas Good Standing Member
I drove mine all over town & on the highway this weekend, and it's finally achieved total smoothness at only 400 miles. Not one hiccup, not one slammed shift. I'm glad to see it's learning and breaking in well.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:23 AM   #1320
peppersmum
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98989
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Hatchback SE Red Candy

FF Reputation: 1 peppersmum Good Standing Member
I want to get the splash guards on mine now. I have the Weather tech window visors, front and back and got some small kitty and puppy decals that I am going to put on it somewhere. I walked up to a Focus identical to mine in the mall parking lot and couldn't figure out why the remote wasn't unlocking the doors! I want to take the flex fuel badge off to start with and then decide whether to take the Focus and SE bades off. I just wish I didn't have to park under a stupid oak tree that leaves it covered in sap and debris every day!

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->