I LOVE my Mk3 Ford Focus 100% whoo hoo thread!! - Page 49 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-05-2012, 12:18 AM   #481
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Points 9,861, Level 66
Points: 9,861, Level: 66 Points: 9,861, Level: 66 Points: 9,861, Level: 66
Level Up 53% Completed
Level up: 53% Level up: 53% Level up: 53%
Forum Activity 28%
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%
FF Reputation: 24 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan1970 View Post
I have mine for two weeks now and I just love it. So much get up and go, especially on the highway....good gas mileage too. The dealer gave me a free fill up at 8 miles when I bought the car and I have only put one full tank in since and I'm at almost 800 miles. I didn't figure out the actual mileage but that's pretty darn good for mostly stop and go driving. I do have one question for anyone to answer, has anyone else experienced some clutch chatter on the first shift? I hear it with my windows down, it's like a clicking noise when the car shifts. Other than that it runs and shifts perfectly, my dealer told me that noise isn't a major concern....I just wondered if anyone else who drives an automatic hears it. One other question, my car has like 4 rubber flaps in front of each front tire...not sure what they're for but they graze the sidewalk when I back out of my driveway. Are those removeable or are they there for a reason?
Those are there for aerodynamic reasons, to help direct air away from the front of the tire when the car is moving along. You might remove them only to see your fuel efficiency be reduced. Not sure what percentage, but lets just say they were put there for a reason.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2012, 12:35 AM   #482
Dylan1970
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100905
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Dylan1970 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Those are there for aerodynamic reasons, to help direct air away from the front of the tire when the car is moving along. You might remove them only to see your fuel efficiency be reduced. Not sure what percentage, but lets just say they were put there for a reason.
Okay....thanks, never thought of that!
Old 07-06-2012, 10:12 AM   #483
Scott S
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98137
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy,

FF Reputation: 1 Scott S Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan1970 View Post
I have mine for two weeks now and I just love it. So much get up and go, especially on the highway....good gas mileage too. The dealer gave me a free fill up at 8 miles when I bought the car and I have only put one full tank in since and I'm at almost 800 miles. I didn't figure out the actual mileage but that's pretty darn good for mostly stop and go driving. I do have one question for anyone to answer, has anyone else experienced some clutch chatter on the first shift? I hear it with my windows down, it's like a clicking noise when the car shifts. Other than that it runs and shifts perfectly, my dealer told me that noise isn't a major concern....I just wondered if anyone else who drives an automatic hears it. One other question, my car has like 4 rubber flaps in front of each front tire...not sure what they're for but they graze the sidewalk when I back out of my driveway. Are those removeable or are they there for a reason?
The tranny noises are normal as the automatic is really not an automatic but a manual with automatic clutch and gear selection. It is a mechanical based trans as opposed to fluid coupling like a traditional auto so it drives and sounds different. Ford needs to do a better job in letting buyers know what the automatic really is because many new owners are concerned with the tranny noises and mannerisms. The tranny was one of the big attractions for me. I like the power coupling of a manual but in city traffic I hate the clutch.

Put just under 1400 clicks on her yesterday and still puts a smile on my face all the way. When I was in stop and go for a few hours I was really digging the automatic clutch!
Old 07-06-2012, 11:19 AM   #484
peppersmum
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98989
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Hatchback SE Red Candy

Points 43, Level 1
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1
Level Up 86% Completed
Level up: 86% Level up: 86% Level up: 86%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 peppersmum Good Standing Member
I was getting out of my Focus at a grocery store yesterday and once again a guy walked up to me and said wow, nice car, nice colour. Here in Victoria slowly starting to see more them on the road.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:38 AM   #485
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 99230
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

Points 4,149, Level 40
Points: 4,149, Level: 40 Points: 4,149, Level: 40 Points: 4,149, Level: 40
Level Up 99% Completed
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
I keep getting people on the hwy that want to show me up so in a way that's a compliment if you look threatening in some way.

I was snapping some pics up at Red Rocks and had a few more "that's a Focus" comments. I'm heading up next week with my better camera and more time to take some "artsy" photos.

I think the Hatch has a mean looking wide stance but I do need get some Eibachs on their to drop it about an inch.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:40 AM   #486
peppersmum
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98989
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Hatchback SE Red Candy

Points 43, Level 1
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1
Level Up 86% Completed
Level up: 86% Level up: 86% Level up: 86%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 peppersmum Good Standing Member
I have noticed the Mazda 3 drivers feel they have to try and show the Focus up. But at 56 my racing days are over :-)
Old 07-06-2012, 11:49 AM   #487
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 99230
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

Points 4,149, Level 40
Points: 4,149, Level: 40 Points: 4,149, Level: 40 Points: 4,149, Level: 40
Level Up 99% Completed
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
Yeah,other enthusiasts know the Focus is a little more serious right out of the box (the ST will move up the next step) but there was a reason I had to sell my 400hp Eclipse since I was a cop magnet back 10 years ago so I sold it for a Toyota 4Runner since there isn't cops off road and it's not exactly quick so I stayed out of trouble but I'm 44,married and have grownup insurance rates for a change so I avoid the ricer boys.
I do like an occasional fun drive in the twisties of our foothills but no racing.
Old 07-06-2012, 06:19 PM   #488
NickCornell
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 97233
What I Drive: 2012 Race red Focus SEL

Points 13,640, Level 75
Points: 13,640, Level: 75 Points: 13,640, Level: 75 Points: 13,640, Level: 75
Level Up 98% Completed
Level up: 98% Level up: 98% Level up: 98%
Forum Activity 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
FF Reputation: 12 NickCornell Great Standing Member
I'm not going to lie. It's hard being 18 in this car. The teenager in me wants to drive aggressively. I pull up next to a civic, I beat it. Haha, yet the minuscule amount of adult in me gives me an OCD-like attitude towards its cleanliness and maintainance.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:48 PM   #489
Dylan1970
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott S View Post
The tranny noises are normal as the automatic is really not an automatic but a manual with automatic clutch and gear selection. It is a mechanical based trans as opposed to fluid coupling like a traditional auto so it drives and sounds different. Ford needs to do a better job in letting buyers know what the automatic really is because many new owners are concerned with the tranny noises and mannerisms. The tranny was one of the big attractions for me. I like the power coupling of a manual but in city traffic I hate the clutch.

Put just under 1400 clicks on her yesterday and still puts a smile on my face all the way. When I was in stop and go for a few hours I was really digging the automatic clutch!
I agree...I took it to my dealer and explained the noise. They drove it and told me they heard nothing. I know they heard it but why not just tell me that the clicking is normal? I stressed for two weeks about it until someone on here posted a link to a site that actually explains what a DCT is all about. Now that I've read that I feel much better knowing that nothing is wrong. I just hate the fact that I had to read it for myself instead of my dealer sitting me down and explaining it to me. They do need to better educate their customers when they sell them a car.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:29 AM   #490
Dylan1970
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMaiden View Post
I keep getting people on the hwy that want to show me up so in a way that's a compliment if you look threatening in some way.

I was snapping some pics up at Red Rocks and had a few more "that's a Focus" comments. I'm heading up next week with my better camera and more time to take some "artsy" photos.

I think the Hatch has a mean looking wide stance but I do need get some Eibachs on their to drop it about an inch.
Nice car....if I could figure out how to post a pic on here I would.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.