SYNC System Thread - Page 17 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-28-2012, 11:20 AM   #161
cbdallas
Focus Addict

Fan#: 100296
What I Drive: 2014 Titanium 5-speed

FF Reputation: 2 cbdallas Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Ok..thanks. I was gonna be pissed if I already have to take it in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2012, 11:35 AM   #162
TboneZX3
Ford Fiend

Fan#: 90494
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport, '01 ZX3, '67 Bronco

FF Reputation: 10 TboneZX3 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbdallas View Post
Has anybody seen this happen in their car yet? I went out to the garage (car had been parked for a couple hours) and turned it on (didn't crank it). The screen remained black for about 45 seconds, so I turned the car off. It flashed grey, then attempted to start playing music. Then that stopped, so I turned the car on again, and this popped up: It's been fine ever since, but sure did freak me out for a minute.

I think this should go in the MFT thread.
Hatch Nation #90
'12 SE Sport 5Dr |╠╬╝|Sterling Grey Metallic|203a|Moonroof|17" Paint/Mach Whls|K&N 57S-4000|FFE RMM|Steeda STB, RSB|JBR bushings
'01 ZX3|╠╬╝|Pitch Black|Prem. pkg.|Moonroof|SVT Snorkel|SVT Springs|S2 Dampers|Steeda STS|Magnaflow exh.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:39 AM   #163
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Ok..thanks. I was gonna be pissed if I already have to take it in.
No worries. System gets hung up from time to time. Runs through that to get it back working. I've seen three since the update. You won't (or shouldn't) lose any presets or anything. Just let it do it's thing and recover.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:54 AM   #164
raptor1956
Focus Addict

Fan#: 97725
What I Drive: 2012, Sonic Blue, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 raptor1956 Good Standing Member
Yeah, but I still haven't found out WHY it has to do system maintenance. Smells a lot like a Windows registry thing and maybe at the heart of why there are so many problems.

So, can someone address WHY there needs to be system maintenance???

Brian
Old 06-28-2012, 12:10 PM   #165
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor1956 View Post
So, can someone address WHY there needs to be system maintenance???

Brian
That is the million-dollar question! I've never seen a good explanation myself that wasn't just speculation and anything I could think of would be just speculation as well.

The whole "scheduled system maintenance" phrasing on the screen is funny though, like if they throw the word "scheduled" in there people might think it was supposed to do that at that time because it was part of the schedule instead of what it really is, system froze/crashed and has to recover.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:17 PM   #166
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
That is the million-dollar question! I've never seen a good explanation myself that wasn't just speculation and anything I could think of would be just speculation as well.

The whole "scheduled system maintenance" phrasing on the screen is funny though, like if they throw the word "scheduled" in there people might think it was supposed to do that at that time because it was part of the schedule instead of what it really is, system froze/crashed and has to recover.
Using the delayedreboot.cab runs this as well. It eliminates all the quirkiness, at least for a while. Look at it as a good thing, when all things are considered. I believe it's much like rebooting your pc when Windows starts getting quirky.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:26 PM   #167
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisra View Post
Look at it as a good thing, when all things are considered. I believe it's much like rebooting your pc when Windows starts getting quirky.
Yeah, I agree, I would rather it do this than allow the system to degrade further and don't really have a problem with it I'm just, and always have been, amused by the "scheduled maintenance" phrasing. We're all adults, treat us like adults and say what it really is - "performing system recovery" or something to that effect.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:10 AM   #168
sounderella
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 96457
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 sounderella Good Standing Member
Quote:
Has anybody seen this happen in their car yet? I went out to the garage (car had been parked for a couple hours) and turned it on (didn't crank it). The screen remained black for about 45 seconds, so I turned the car off. It flashed grey, then attempted to start playing music. Then that stopped, so I turned the car on again, and this popped up: It's been fine ever since, but sure did freak me out for a minute.

I've had this just pop up in the middle of driving. Talk about super annoying!
Old 06-29-2012, 09:21 AM   #169
gtncpa
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86143
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 gtncpa Good Standing Member
It happened to me yesterday. When it came back on it remembered my radio station and continued with the navigation. Interesting that I commented about it a few days ago than WHAM! it happens.

I dont see it as a bad thing. If there was a "control alt delete" type command I would reset it once a week or so.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:26 AM   #170
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sounderella View Post
I've had this just pop up in the middle of driving. Talk about super annoying!
When you are driving alone in your car it is simply annoying. When you have a passenger, it is both annoying and embarrassing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtncpa View Post
It happened to me yesterday. When it came back on it remembered my radio station and continued with the navigation. Interesting that I commented about it a few days ago than WHAM! it happens.

I dont see it as a bad thing. If there was a "control alt delete" type command I would reset it once a week or so.
lewisra's link to the delayed reboot app accomplishes the same thing but I totally agree, why not a button in settings that just lets you reboot without losing anything? Why is the only settings option a master reset, which also wipes your presets/saved info such as destinations?

Bookmarks & Social Networks