2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle) - Page 62 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-27-2012, 08:30 PM   #611
Shade-010
Sonic Crew # 010

Fan#: 87369
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SE Sport - 5 Speed

FF Reputation: 9 Shade-010 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Dropped mine off again today at the new dealer, wasn't gonna have it in this soon as we only have the Focus. But a Ford Corp rep called the dealer and told them to get me a loaner/rental vehicle (on the house), so I'm sporting a 2013 Ford Escape SEL. Pretty nice (lots of Focus trates). Its an auto but oh well. Still. Loaded and sporty, might have to look at one next year.
http://www.rebeldevil.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2012, 10:52 PM   #612
hand-filer
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90895
What I Drive: One less Ford

FF Reputation: 1 hand-filer Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
This is a most epic burn. Sir, I do believe that this will become part of my signature. I give you one of these in trade -

Edit: There it is. You will be known throughout.
I try my best but restraint is something I tend to struggle with.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:08 AM   #613
Lipshurt
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92314
What I Drive: 2012 blue focus SE

FF Reputation: 2 Lipshurt Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by hand-filer View Post
Your friend needs to find a new line of work. Everyone has their niche. He has yet to find his.

Do you realize that this guys has spent countless hours trying to hel customers with these types of sounds for no money? The way way the techs get paid, working on a sound all day is like taking money OUT of their pocket. He has spent countless hours doing just that, basically to be a nice guy. To snidely say that this guy needs to find a new line of work simply for explaining how the money works is pretty effin rude. He worked on my problem for a good half hour today, and his comments are pretty valuable, and of course it was simply to be nice. Who are you anyway? Are you so holy?
Old 06-28-2012, 06:31 AM   #614
fcbaldwin
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 97264
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Titanium HB

FF Reputation: 1 fcbaldwin Good Standing Member
Thomas,
I've sent my PM to you with the requested info. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hello everyone -

I'm in the process of compiling information for all who are still experiencing issues after having the 12B37 Customer Satisfaction Program completed. The program I mentioned specifically deals with transmission and hill-start quality.

After viewing this thread, I'll also include information concerning the clunking/rattling of the suspension in the 2012 Focus. If you're still experiencing these issues after visiting your dealer, please send me a short PM with your VIN and a brief description.

After I have all of the details properly documented, I plan to forward both issues to our engineering rep.

Hope to hear from you all soon,

Thomas
Old 06-28-2012, 07:20 AM   #615
wgilles
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91264
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SE 5 speed

FF Reputation: 1 wgilles Good Standing Member
Quote:
Hello everyone -

I'm in the process of compiling information for all who are still experiencing issues after having the 12B37 Customer Satisfaction Program completed. The program I mentioned specifically deals with transmission and hill-start quality.

After viewing this thread, I'll also include information concerning the clunking/rattling of the suspension in the 2012 Focus. If you're still experiencing these issues after visiting your dealer, please send me a short PM with your VIN and a brief description.

After I have all of the details properly documented, I plan to forward both issues to our engineering rep.

Thomas
I'm dropping mine off at Ford next week. They have acknowledged there is a problem and should hopefully be fixing it next week. If it is not fixed, I will PM you, but would you like me to PM you my info anyway or wait until I get it back from service?
Old 06-28-2012, 07:28 AM   #616
hand-filer
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90895
What I Drive: One less Ford

FF Reputation: 1 hand-filer Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipshurt View Post
Do you realize that this guys has spent countless hours trying to hel customers with these types of sounds for no money? The way way the techs get paid, working on a sound all day is like taking money OUT of their pocket. He has spent countless hours doing just that, basically to be a nice guy. To snidely say that this guy needs to find a new line of work simply for explaining how the money works is pretty effin rude. He worked on my problem for a good half hour today, and his comments are pretty valuable, and of course it was simply to be nice. Who are you anyway? Are you so holy?
I'm sure your friend is a heck of a nice guy. As for your car and it's mystery noises that disappear temporarily by replacing wheels, and fenders and rotating tires, well that just doesn't make any sense at all. I think you need to start a new thread about your car and call it "weird or what" because that is what it is.
The majority here are having suspension issues that any competent technician should be able to diagnose.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:07 AM   #617
Lipshurt
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92314
What I Drive: 2012 blue focus SE

FF Reputation: 2 Lipshurt Good Standing Member
Have you been following the thread?
If all of these competent techs looking at the suspension can't fix the problem, maybe it's not the suspension.

Rattles and sounds come and go. That is why when you take it to the dealer hey can't replicate the sound. Have you been reading the accounts of this phenomena on this thread?
My point about the tire rotation etc, is that tHe sound was not related to rotating the tires, it just SEEMED like it, because sounds come and go. When someone replaces the struts and the goes away, you think that was the fix. UNTIL it comes back, that is. Was it it fixed? Or did it just go away for a time?

As far me starting my own thread, my posts are as good as anyone else's on this thread.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:15 PM   #618
HornedFrog05
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 97892
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black ST2

FF Reputation: 6 HornedFrog05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hand-filer View Post
Mine goes in next week. Round 1 with a new dealer. If they manage to fix the noise I will probably put my car up for sale.
Agreed, mine IS for sale.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:36 PM   #619
HornedFrog05
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 97892
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black ST2

FF Reputation: 6 HornedFrog05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Hello everyone -

Thomas
Thanks Thomas, I will shoot you my information. I'm having "all of the above" problems with my vehicle.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:17 PM   #620
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
PM sent
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcbaldwin View Post
Thomas,
I've sent my PM to you with the requested info. Thanks.
dyn085 and fcbaldwin -

I received and responded to your PMs; thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang74shelby View Post
Dropped mine off again today at the new dealer...But a Ford Corp rep called the dealer and told them to get me a loaner/rental vehicle (on the house), so I'm sporting a 2013 Ford Escape SEL. Pretty nice (lots of Focus trates). Its an auto but oh well. Still. Loaded and sporty, might have to look at one next year.
stang74shelby -

Sounds like they're on the ball! If you'd like, please PM me your VIN, mileage, phone #, and servicing dealer; I'll loop in your region's Customer Service Manager. How's the new Escape treating you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgilles View Post
I'm dropping mine off at Ford next week. They have acknowledged there is a problem and should hopefully be fixing it next week. If it is not fixed, I will PM you, but would you like me to PM you my info anyway or wait until I get it back from service?
wgilles -

Great; please keep me updated. When you have time, shoot me your VIN, mileage, phone #, and servicing dealer; I'll forward this to the Customer Service Manager in your area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HornedFrog05 View Post
Thanks Thomas, I will shoot you my information. I'm having "all of the above" problems with my vehicle.
HornedFrog05 -

Got it! I'll send the details to your CSM as soon as possible.

There's nothing to fear, we're here! Please send me a PM if you need anything.

All the best,

Thomas

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford

Bookmarks & Social Networks