TSB 12B37 - New? - Page 44 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-26-2012, 10:23 PM   #431
focus#3
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 100555
What I Drive: 2012, Grey, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 focus#3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
after 12B37 - bad hesitation, slow to accelerate

anyone else experience a severe hesitation and loss of power when accelerating from a standstill since having 12B37 done? sounds like Im having the opposite effect of others. I test drove a new 2012 focus that had intent of 12B37 done during manufacture and it ran great like mine used to. This has been going on since 6/12. cant seem to get my dealer interested in giving me any real help. I own two other 2012 focus's that havent had 12B37 done yet and they're running fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2012, 08:02 AM   #432
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
For what it's worth, when I brought my car into the dealer and told the service guy I needed the 12B37 FSA he said, "oh, the recall?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timthom62 View Post
Same response I received.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
...Just giving you a hard time, Thomas!
TiPilot and Timthom62 -

The new guys are always given a hard time! It's quite alright, I'm strong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaaru View Post
You guys are still feeding that forum Troll ???
Kaaru -

Hmmm, I'm fresh out of food. I'll assist anybody who is experiencing issues with their Focus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by focus#3 View Post
anyone else experience a severe hesitation and loss of power when accelerating from a standstill since having 12B37 done? sounds like Im having the opposite effect of others. I test drove a new 2012 focus that had intent of 12B37 done during manufacture and it ran great like mine used to. This has been going on since 6/12. cant seem to get my dealer interested in giving me any real help. I own two other 2012 focus's that havent had 12B37 done yet and they're running fine.
focus#3 -

Please PM me some info (VIN, mileage, phone #, and dealer) and I'll forward this for review to your area's Customer Service Manager. He/she will coordinate with you and your dealer on a service visit.

I love being given a hard time, I think! Keep it coming; it makes me feel a part of this community.

Peace,

Thomas

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 06-27-2012, 08:14 AM   #433
fatfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90985
What I Drive: 2012 Frosted Glass SEL Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 fatfocus Good Standing Member
I just read this, as my 2012 has decided to not work very well, after this FSA. I get the hesitation, etc,it gets worse as the air temperature increase. It's actually worse than when the car was brand new. I am going to ask my dealer if I can just go back and have it reprogrammed to the previous TSB. Last night, the hesitation on acceleration was so bad, it felt like had a case of whiplash........
Old 06-27-2012, 08:48 AM   #434
craigsfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97985
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SE

FF Reputation: 6 craigsfocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatfocus View Post
I just read this, as my 2012 has decided to not work very well, after this FSA. I get the hesitation, etc,it gets worse as the air temperature increase. It's actually worse than when the car was brand new. I am going to ask my dealer if I can just go back and have it reprogrammed to the previous TSB. Last night, the hesitation on acceleration was so bad, it felt like had a case of whiplash........
I would take it into the dealership and have them perform the TSB again and see if that helps. They might have not performed it right the first time.

Active Duty US Army. MOS 91E (Machinist). OEF Vet.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:01 AM   #435
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

FF Reputation: 46 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
If your car has hesitation with throttle application, your best fix well be a better air filter and/or better gas. I don't think that the TSB did anything that could cause that as it (to my knowledge) only affected how the clutches shift and the ABS for holding the car on a grade after you switch from brake to accelerator.

I know that hesitation is frustrating, a put 87 octane in a week or so ago. I felt like there was something wrong with my car. After swapping back to 93, all is good.

Don't underestimate the effect that heat has on our engines. While (imho) the engines perform really well, they seem hyper-sensitive to small environmental changes. This is obviously not a fact, just my observation in comparison to my mechanical background.

FocusFest 2013: Best of Show
Gateway FFW: Show Class Outstanding
September '13 ROTM
2014 FiST-
Old 06-27-2012, 09:11 AM   #436
Stoneraven9
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88671
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Hatchback Ti

FF Reputation: 1 Stoneraven9 Good Standing Member
Took the car in to have the wiper recall performed (the seal WAS missing) and to have FSA 12B37 carried out to fix some problems I was having. I too was a bit surprised when I was told FSA 12B37 was a recall. I always thought recalls were posted as recalls, not under a different nomenclature (Field Service Action)

As well, is there no adaptive leaning procedure to be carried out as part of the update by the technician after this "recall"? Or is the vehicle just supposed to learn over the next 1K KM as I drive around? And if so... is there anything I should be aware of on how I should drive the vehicle, or things I should or should not do?

This might already be answered here somewhere in these forums, so I apologize in advance if it has already been answered.

............................................... Fly with a Ti ...............................................

Last edited by Stoneraven9; 06-27-2012 at 03:22 PM.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:19 AM   #437
Kaaru
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96763
What I Drive: '12 Oxford Wh. SEL Sedan 28/07/2011

FF Reputation: 1 Kaaru Good Standing Member
Not I. My Focus now behaves like it should and is making me smile again. Accelerations are crisp when I feel a bit sporty and smooth when I feel like gran'pa. The hill assist feature as been improved and is more effective, in my case. All in all, for me, it's a deffinite improvement. I dont know if you have the ''D'' and ''S'' tranny options but I have found that since 12B37, those two driving modes are really different, so if you have them, I suggest you try these out and have fun with them.

Last edited by Kaaru; 06-27-2012 at 09:07 PM.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:48 AM   #438
fatfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90985
What I Drive: 2012 Frosted Glass SEL Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 fatfocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
If your car has hesitation with throttle application, your best fix well be a better air filter and/or better gas. I don't think that the TSB did anything that could cause that as it (to my knowledge) only affected how the clutches shift and the ABS for holding the car on a grade after you switch from brake to accelerator.

I know that hesitation is frustrating, a put 87 octane in a week or so ago. I felt like there was something wrong with my car. After swapping back to 93, all is good.

Don't underestimate the effect that heat has on our engines. While (imho) the engines perform really well, they seem hyper-sensitive to small environmental changes. This is obviously not a fact, just my observation in comparison to my mechanical background.
It's definately related to the transmission. I'm using 93 shell-V also and have a K&N filter. After having the TSB done in May, the car was great, after the recall, it started out okay, with some shutter, st times, in 1st. I was hoping it would go away......it hasn't.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:53 AM   #439
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

FF Reputation: 46 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatfocus View Post
It's definately related to the transmission. I'm using 93 shell-V also and have a K&N filter. After having the TSB done in May, the car was great, after the recall, it started out okay, with some shutter, st times, in 1st. I was hoping it would go away......it hasn't.
Wow, in that case I would head back to the dealership. I have the occasional hiccup, but it is few and far between.

FocusFest 2013: Best of Show
Gateway FFW: Show Class Outstanding
September '13 ROTM
2014 FiST-
Old 06-27-2012, 08:10 PM   #440
Arnold Ziffel
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 100689
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Arnold Ziffel Good Standing Member
Hello Everyone! i have been a long time lurker here and used lots of great info from this site when ordering my wife a new focus. we ordered the car in Feb. it had a build date of 03-15-2012 we picked it up on March 28th. the car was great and my wife loved it. we never had any of the issues with the DCT that i read about here. the car was perfect and fun to drive. we received the letter in may for the update for the DCT and i was afraid to have it done. we took the car to the dealer to have a loose mud flap fixed and they did the update.

The car seemed fine. Well 1000 miles later my wife wants her old car back. the car now hesitates/bogs down. When you are driving along and give it a little more gas it hesitates and makes a throaty sound then finally (couple of seconds) accelerates and or downshifts. the noise sounds like a fully opened carburetor starving for gas. We never had any roll back issues. Now when you put the car in park and shut it off about 5 seconds later it rolls back about 6 inches. then when you start the car back up it shakes and makes a funny noise for a few seconds. Wondering if it is some type of pressure put on the tranny from rolling back. I asked the Dealer if the could put it back to the settings it came from the factory with. They said they cant go back. Of course they can, clear it out and set it to the parameters from the last TSB.
I am going to have the dealer do the update again to see if maybe it was done wrong.

Just wondering if anyone else has had these issues after the last TSB on the DCT.

Sorry for the long rambling. Just fustrated.

Bookmarks & Social Networks