TSB 12B37 - New? - Page 43 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-23-2012, 06:08 PM   #421
craigsfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97985
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SE

FF Reputation: 6 craigsfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by allyy View Post
It is a recall by ford they do not have to wait for the government to say they have to do something about the roll back probelem. I would like you to PM Thomas and he will explain it to you.
The issues with the DCT do not fit under the definition of a Automotive Recall as defined in United States Code for Motor Vehicle Safety (Title 49, Chapter 301).

The "Roll-Back" you are referring to with the DCT is not safety related, its the nature of the beast. The 12B37 Update addressed this issue, mine doesn't roll back.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/recalls/recallprocess.cfm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2012, 06:59 PM   #422
goinloco1
Late for Dinner

Fan#: 8529
What I Drive: 13 stang

FF Reputation: 90 goinloco1 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
It is a recall by ford they do not have to wait for the government to say they have to do something about the roll back probelem. I would like you to PM Thomas and he will explain it to you.
The NHTSB issues recalls for safety after testing. forcing the manufacturer to recall for a problem. this determines the part manufacturer and the vin range that part was used on.
A TSB is a technical service bulletin issued in house to aid mechanics with fixing a known complaint when it comes in. Its in no way a recall.
A recall requires the manufacturer(by the NHTSB) to send a letter out to each owner within the designated vin spread that is effected.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:27 PM   #423
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Well I had 12B37 installed on my car (12/2011 build) Friday...

Haven't driven it very far yet, but it does seem to be a tad smoother. Reset the MPG meter before driving home and it was up to 41.0 after roughly 15 highway miles. That sure appeared to be better than what I was seeing before.

One thing I've noticed is that the throttle seems to be far less touchy on an incline. Specifically, my driveway has a decent slope, and I used to always battle a fine line between "inch along" and "barreling towards the garage" when in reverse. So far, it seems that I can back up at a more normal rate with way better throttle response post-update.

We're going on a roughly 1,800 mile road trip in the next two weeks so the car will definitely get a workout soon. I'll update afterwards - hopefully all positives!

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 06-25-2012, 06:45 PM   #424
JesseE1981
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88551
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 JesseE1981 Good Standing Member
Well I disconnected my battery again yesterday, and after connecting it (I'm assuming all of the 'learned' behavior of the adaptive driving has been lost), the car is performing nicely again. This is what happened after the update. If my theory is correct, I'm expecting my car to start performing poorly again in a few weeks. If that's the case, then I think the problem is definitely with this adaptive learning in my car.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:40 AM   #425
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumdace View Post
This update fixed my issue. Car has so much more power now, and no stuttering...

Just pulled out of a parking lot today, pushed the gas, good solid acceleration. No worries. Shifting is smooth, idle shaking of the vehicle is reduced (still shakes a little, I am a little worried about that but I guarantee my dealer will say nothing is wrong).

Finally can enjoy the car I bought 8 months ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by unfocused1 View Post
I thought mine had power before 12B37, especially in passing vehicles, but after 12B37... it's a big improvement. the car still works marvelously with the transmission update, and I think the adaptive learning process was a positive factor as well...
Quote:
Originally Posted by primetime View Post
...Just got it back and the ride seems smoother. I'm going to give it a few days to see how it goes with the adaptive learning, but so far I like the responsiveness of the car after the upgrade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
...Haven't driven it very far yet, but it does seem to be a tad smoother...

One thing I've noticed is that the throttle seems to be far less touchy on an incline. Specifically, my driveway has a decent slope, and I used to always battle a fine line between "inch along" and "barreling towards the garage" when in reverse. So far, it seems that I can back up at a more normal rate with way better throttle response post-update...
Hey everyone -

Thanks for sharing your 12B37 success stories! This program aims to improve DCT shift and hill-start quality. I'm thrilled to hear it's operating as smooth as Rico Suave for you all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boilersox View Post
I liked it after the update. Now about 800 miles after the update, it seems worse than it was before the update. Everyone talking about more power, I feel like I have less power...

And when in reverse, I have to give it a lot of gas for it to even budge. After putting it in drive, I then start to sputter out of the parking lot...
boilersox -

Have you seen the dealer since this update has been performed? Drop me a PM with your VIN, mileage, phone #, and dealer; I'll forward this to your region's Customer Service Manager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseE1981 View Post
Well I disconnected my battery again yesterday, and after connecting it (I'm assuming all of the 'learned' behavior of the adaptive driving has been lost), the car is performing nicely again. This is what happened after the update. If my theory is correct, I'm expecting my car to start performing poorly again in a few weeks...
JesseE1981 -

I'll respond by PM too; I appreciate it! This sounds great and may be an important step for owners to do. Keep me updated; I'll include your experience in the information I send to our engineering rep.

If any of you are experiencing problems since having 12B37 performed, remember to send me a message with your VIN and a brief description.

Take care,

Thomas

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 06-26-2012, 10:06 AM   #426
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Why go through him instead of the dealer? What is the big secret Ford CS has and the dealer doesnt no about it yet. Why doesnt Thomas just come out and say what the problem is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan50 View Post
...Thomas doesn't know what the problem is, and Customer Servce probably doesn't either, but he has offered to take our collective concerns to Ford's engineering department to see if there are solutions...
Quote:
It is a recall on fords part not the government
They do it with out being told
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigsfocus View Post
Its not a recall. Recalls are safety related, mandated by the Government...
Quote:
It is a recall by ford they do not have to wait for the government to say they have to do something about the roll back probelem...
Quote:
Originally Posted by NanoAnimal View Post
The NHTSB issues recalls for safety after testing. forcing the manufacturer to recall for a problem. this determines the part manufacturer and the vin range that part was used on.
A TSB is a technical service bulletin issued in house to aid mechanics with fixing a known complaint when it comes in. Its in no way a recall.
A recall requires the manufacturer(by the NHTSB) to send a letter out to each owner within the designated vin spread that is effected.
Hey everyone -

I just want to jump in and provide an explanation. 12B37 is strictly a Customer Satisfaction Program announced by us. CSPs differ from recalls because they are upgrades to a specific component. Thanks to all who elaborated on the difference between the two.

I'm compiling all relevant information concerning the behavior of your transmission since 12B37 has been completed. If you're experiencing a quality issue since this program has been done, please PM me your VIN as soon as possible. I haven't received a lot of PMs thus far.

Later on,

Thomas

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply

Last edited by FordService; 06-26-2012 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Sounds better
Old 06-26-2012, 10:17 AM   #427
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hey everyone -

I just want to jump in and provide an explanation. 12B37 is strictly a Customer Satisfaction Program announced by us. CSPs differ from recalls because they are upgrades to a specific component. Thanks to all who elaborated on the difference between the two.

I'm compiling all relevant information concerning the behavior of your transmission since 12B37 has been completed. If you're experiencing a quality issue since this program has been completed on your Focus, please PM me your VIN as soon as possible. I haven't received a lot of PMs thus far.

Later on,

Thomas
For what it's worth, when I brought my car into the dealer and told the service guy I needed the 12B37 FSA he said, "oh, the recall?"

MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 06-26-2012, 10:42 AM   #428
Timthom62
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97579
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy 5-Door SEL 303A

FF Reputation: 5 Timthom62 Good Standing Member
Quote:
For what it's worth, when I brought my car into the dealer and told the service guy I needed the 12B37 FSA he said, "oh, the recall?"
Same response I received.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:56 PM   #429
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Quote:
Seems as though it's listed the same way internally as well:

Just giving you a hard time, Thomas!

Old 06-26-2012, 09:52 PM   #430
Kaaru
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96763
What I Drive: '12 Oxford Wh. SEL Sedan 28/07/2011

FF Reputation: 1 Kaaru Good Standing Member
Quote:
Why go through him instead of the dealer? What is the big secret Ford CS has and the dealer doesnt no about it yet. Why doesnt Thomas just come out and say what the problem is.
You guys are still feeding that forum Troll ???

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->